Chapter 26

"You're not going to fail them, even if they don't know it you're showing them to stand up for themselves. You're a great mom Kaylee, they're lucky to have you."

"You're wrong there buster, I'm lucky to have them. Bree and Aiden make everything better, even this shitty situation."

"Brian can you . . . Kaylee, good morning." Mia said, walking into the living room.

"Let me have her." I replied.

"You wanna go with auntie Kay. Say hi baby girl." Mia cooed before passing me her daughter.

"Hola mi niña bonita, she's got daddy's eyes."

"Thankfully, she got the good looking part of me." Brian said with a big smile.

"I'll go make coffee." she said before walking away.

"How long are you going to be mad at her?" he asked.

"Not long, I just wanted some space Brian and she took that away from me. He's on his way isn't he?"

"Yeah."

"Did he give you an ETA?"

"He'll be here by tonight."

"I'll be gone by 4, I would like to spend some time with . . ."

"Madrina!"

"My baby!" I shouted back as Jack ran into my arms.

"Madrina I missed you."

"I missed you too my baby. Look at you, you're so big! You're growing up on me, you have to stop." I told him.

"That's what mommy says, where's Bree?"

"She's sleeping, look that's Aiden. Mommy and I had the babies on the same day."

"He's little like Isabella."

"That he is."

"I'm gonna go get breakfast."

"You do that baby. Brian he's getting so big." I said when he walked off.

"I know, don't remind me."

"I'm gonna go take a shower if you don't mind."

"Go, if he wakes up I'll take care of it."

"You can't feed him."

"Mia can." he said, slightly appalled.

"Sure buster, I'll be back."

We spent the day happily together with the kids by the beach. I couldn't help being a little frosty with Mia, I honestly couldn't because she took away my safety net. Everything that we used and all of our dirty clothes were in a plastic bag that I packed away in the rental car.

"Momma why are we leaving?" Bree asked me.

"Because we have to baby, we'll be back to see everyone soon." I told my daughter as I put her into her booster seat.

"Kaylee don't leave." Mia pleaded.

"I'm leaving and you know why, don't try to convince me otherwise. I'm leaving before he gets here."

"You can stay and have your space." Brian said.

"You don't know how things have been lately B, he won't leave me alone. I have to go, bye, see you in the morning." I told him.

"You're coming back right?" Jack asked,

"I'll see you tomorrow niño, I promise."

"And you never break your promises." he replied with a smile.