Chapter 25

"I needed to get away Mimi."

"Not telling him?" she asked.

"He wouldn't have let me leave and you know it or he would've tried to hop on the trip. I need space from him, he doesn't let me breathe. I need space to think Mia, I've asked him to stop coming around the house but he doesn't listen. Your brother thinks that smothering me with his presence it's gonna change something." I told her.

"Momma I'm hungry." Aubrey said when she ran over to me.

"We'll talk later, I still haven't cleaned up from dinner let's go eat." Mia said with a sad look.

"Come on baby, let's see what madrina made." I told her.

Brian grabbed our bags with Cara who was quiet during the exchange. I'm more than sure that Cara's bringing him up to date with everything that's happened because I can see her lips moving. She just doesn't want me to know that she's talking to him. She's worried about me, has been since all of this happened.

I didn't think that Bree would fall asleep quickly but she proved me wrong. As soon as we had dinner and I gave her a bath she was gone to the world. Brian took her up and laid her down in her bed in the guest bedroom, leaving Mia, Cara and I to talk.

"I have to let him know that you're here." she said.

"No!"

"Kaylee . . ."

"If he knows he's going to come and that's what I'm trying to avoid."

"I can't leave him waiting."

"Mia you haven't been there okay, you haven't seen them. He won't leave her alone, I've been there when she tells him not to come over. Not to come to the house after work and he ignores her pleas. That's not the way to fix things either." Cara said.

"I just . . . I can't believe this happened at all. Do you think you'll get back together with him?" she asked me.

"I don't see it happening Mia. I gave him his ring and I honestly don't want it back, he betrayed me again and there's no forgiving that." I told her.

"This is crazy, he was stupid, so damn stupid and it's gonna cost him everything. He loves . . ."

"Don't say it, if he loved me he wouldn't have done it at all. He didn't make a mistake Mia, he made a choice. He chose to see her more than once, sleep with her more than once, be with her more than once. Don't tell him that I'm here because I need my space Mia, I need to breathe and he doesn't let me." I pleaded with my sister.

"How the hell could he do something like this?" she sighed.

"Very easily." Cara responded.

"His kids are important to him but I'm not, it's that simple." I told her.

"That's a lie and you know it." she argued.

"No it's not, having a woman by his side is what's important to your brother. It doesn't matter who that woman is Mia, he just wants someone by his side. While I was waiting with his daughter and unborn son that someone just so happened to be Elena."

"I can't believe it's gotten this far." she whispered.

"Neither can I, I do love him Mia with everything in me but I don't trust him. I can't trust him, he lied to my face for months and slept with her for those same months. If I get back with him now I'm telling him that what he did was okay and it's not." I said as the tears started to pour.

"Oh Kay . . ."

"Mia what did I do wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing, you did nothing wrong!" Cara said.