Chapter 31

The next thing I know the officiant said you can now kiss the bride and it was official; I am now Mrs. Dominic Toretto and nothing has ever made me feel more complete. After a whopper of a kiss, we walked down the aisle together and over to Mia's front lawn where table and chairs were set up for the little bit of people that we invited.

I contemplated a second dress but I fell so in love with this one that I didn't bother with it. There was a quick makeup touch-up since I did tear up more than a few times and we were back outside again.

Everything was set up for our first dance as a married couple but it wasn't enough. Dom went and got Aiden and Bree, handing me the baby while he picked up our little girl. Now this is officially our first dance as a family, his adorably sweet gesture had me tearing up again. There are certain moments in life that you know you'll never forget and this is one of them.

I spent the happiest night of my life surrounded by family, people that I trust with my life and I know that they trust me with theirs. Our wedding was small but it was filled with love and joy and excitement, exactly the way that we wanted it. We're not due out for our honeymoon until tomorrow so after everyone settled down for the night Dom pulled me back outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, holding up my dress.

"Just . . . come on." he said, picking me up bridal style.

"Dom, where are we going?" I repeated.

"Right here." he said, placing me on my feet on the beach.

"What are you up to Toretto?" I asked, laughing at him.

"As much as I love my family, I just wanted a moment alone with you. Just one dance to ourselves." he said, wrapping his arms around me and swaying with the non-existent music.

"Dom . . ." I muttered, tearing up again.

I swear that I haven't cried as much as I have today ever but it was happy tears. We just swayed under the stars for a few minutes before Dom stopped and kissed me. Pulling me off to the side he covered my eyes as we walked along the shore.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Another wedding surprise." he said, uncovering my eyes.

Hanging from a tree was a bed, a big mattress with little candles all around the wooden platform. It's in an isolated spot on the beach that I've never been to before. This is honestly so beautiful, it's so sweet and so something he would think of. It had this kind of netting tied up to the sides that I'm guessing is to ward off mosquitoes.

 It had this kind of netting tied up to the sides that I'm guessing is to ward off mosquitoes

"This is beautiful, it really is."

"I wanted to do something special for you before we left for Cuba. A special wedding night, I know that we're leaving tomorrow but I wanted you to have a special night." he replied, nuzzling my neck.

With the biggest smile I turned around in his arms and let him give me a special night. We stood up well past dawn and saw the sunrise laying in our little dream bed. I think I want one of these at home, in the backyard of our DR home maybe.