Chapter 7

I let Dom fill her in on the rest, I was tired and decided to take a nap until we got home. When I woke up I felt even more tired than I was when I went to sleep but I'm chalking it up to stress, this is a stressful situation with too many unknown possibilities. I don't feel safe and I don't like that, I always feel safe with Dom and resent the hell out of Deckard for taking away my safety blanket.

The guys were waiting for us at the airport and together we drove to the hospital to check up on Han. The doctors gave us a grim prognosis but there was still hope and we were all clinging to that little shred of it. We can't lose more family, it's not fair.

It was extremely hot in LA today so I had on a pair of jean shorts, a white cropped cami and a plaid long sleeved shirt, unbuttoned. A pair of black sandals finished the look for a very hot day and I had left my hair up in a messy ponytail.

 A pair of black sandals finished the look for a very hot day and I had left my hair up in a messy ponytail

"I can't do no more funerals. Gisele's was bad enough and that was homeboy's little brother, now we got big brother on our ass." Roman said while we stood outside of the hospital.

"First Han, now Hobbs is laid up of all people. We're being hunted, you know he's out there somewhere watching us, right?" Tej asked.

"I hope so, means he's close." Brian said.

"Just promise me, Brian, no more funerals." Roman said.

"Just one more." I told them as Dom took my hand.

"His." Brian finished.

Suddenly we heard a loud engine revving and we knew who it was. Dom looked at me and I nodded, knowing what he wanted. I gave him a quick kiss and watched him leave, he hopped into his car and drove off after Dex . . . Deckard, his name is Deckard Shaw.

"He'll be fine Kay, he knows how to take care of himself." Brian said, watching me battle my tears.

"I can't lose him, Aubrey and I need him. Aubrey needs her father, I'm scared Brian. This is all too much damn it, I thought we were finished with this life. I wanted to be over all of this for her sake." I admitted.

"He's a strong man Kaylee, and he's got one hell of a family to fight for. Dom's coming back for you and Bree." Roman said.

We spent a few more minutes talking about things. The guys were just trying to distract me and as much as I appreciate it, it wasn't working. I'm worried, I'm scared, I want my daughter . . . I want my life to go back to normal. Going back inside we spent about another hour between Han, Cara and Hobbs before leaving. Seeing my uncle like that is hard, he's the one person that you would never think of seeing in a place like this unless he's coming to visit. Deckard fucked him up and I plan to pay him in kind for it.

"Let's go to my parent's house, we need to figure out what we're gonna do. Make some kind of plan to start off with." I told them.

We made our way to the parking garage and the guys were all flanking me. They said they had to make sure that I was protected from anything and everything. They're just afraid that Dom will kick their ass if I so much as scrape my knee.