Chapter 33

"I thought we were done with it Mia, I'm done with it. He said he was done but your brother will never be done. It's like I told him, he's got gasoline in his veins instead of blood, it's part of who he is and I knew that. I knew that there was a chance the he would never really be done with this life, I'll just have to deal with it."

"No! He has to choose what's more important to him. Look at you, look at Brian, both of you were willing to give it up for your family and Dom's gonna have to man up."

"Mia, he's never gonna do it. You know as much as I do that he's never gonna give up the life, it's an integral part of who he is. I'll just have to deal with, it's gonna be a part of my life now. I can't exactly bitch about it when I've been a part of it for so long too."

"That's bull and you know it, he should've said no. Where is he anyway?"

"On his way to Berlin, he left before I woke up."

"What?"

"I knew he would, Mia, it's okay. It has to be for this to work out."

"I can't believe that this is how your honeymoon ended, your married life shouldn't have started like this." she complained, making me feel the jab even more.

I had thought about that since he mentioned it, it's hard to believe that everyone but him can see it too. Dom was made for this life, living a quarter mile at a time gives him meaning and it gives him something to look forward to. Doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt though, this is gonna be my future from now on.

Whenever he gets a call I'll stay wherever we decide to be with the kids while he runs off with the team to save whatever. I'm not gonna lie, I would have been right there with him if I didn't have the kids but we do now. They are my priority, they always will be and that's the way it's supposed to be. I just don't know if we're his priority anymore.

"Mia, give it a rest for now." Brian said suddenly.

"Kay, I'm so sorry . . ."

"It's okay, you have a point but this is how it started." I told her before walking away to my room.

I don't know how long I'll be here but I don't want to go home until Dom is back with us. It won't feel the same walking in without him after getting married. Grabbing my bag I started pulling my clothes out to put it in the dresser. One of Dom's shirts made its way into my things, I grabbed it and held it close to my face inhaling his scent.

"Momma are you okay?"

"Bree, mi niña, I'm fine." I told my daughter who was standing in the door.

"Padrino is bringing Aiden, he was taking a nap." she said, hopping onto the bed.

"Did you help madrina take care of the kids?" I asked her, sitting next to her.

"Yes, even Jack and padrino. They weren't behaving." she said, making me laugh.

"Well, it's a good thing you were here to . . . oh, there's my baby boy, mi niño." I said when Brian walked in with Aiden.

"He's been wanting his momma." Brian said.

"I wanted him too, hola mi bebe. I missed both of you so much." I told Bree.

"What about me?" Brian asked.

"Padrino, she's my mommy." Bree complained.

"I'm so sorry princess B." he said, walking out of the room in a huff.

"You should go after him, makes sure he's not having a tantrum." I whispered.

"Madrina says he acts like a little boy sometimes." she said.