Chapter 1

It's been a couple years since he last saw his mother and while he misses her greatly, he knows that there is no way he can return to his old life. He's too deep into this mess to ever be an innocent teenage once more, seen too much of the darkness. 

"At age four, I learned that not all men were created equal." A voice ripped him from his thoughts and he turned around to see one of his room mates hovering over him.

"Dabi, kindly shut the fuck up." He retorted, a fist ready to punch his room mate in the face.

"Chillax dude." Dabi smirked as he raised his arms in mock surrender. 

"Was Deku brooding again?" A more feminine voice called out from one of the other rooms.

"Excuse you, I do not brood." He growled back when his other room mate popped her head round what used to be a door frame before it caught light when Dabi tried cooking something quicker using his quick.

"Yea, and I'm a student of the UA hero course." She shot back.

"God dammit Toga. Are either of you going to ever let that go?" He sighed.

"Nope." "Never." Were the responses Deku got from his room mates.

"Why do I even put up with you two?"

"It's because you love us and wouldn't be here without us." Toga smirked.

He rolled his eyes. "Right, I definitely enjoy the company of two people that just picked me off the street one day and made me help then."

"What? You agreed at the time." Dabi interjected with amusement.

"Yea, that was before I knew you were both ass hats."

"Love you too Deku." Toga giggled, leaving the safety of the door frame to skip to the kitchenette and open the fridge. "Oh. We're out of food."

"Dabi you were supposed to go shopping two days ago."

"Not my fault ms haemoglobin eats like a fucking pig."

Toga let out a scandalised gasp. "Dabi how could you?"

"Right, either way we might as well pick somethings up." Deku grumbled, getting up off the couch he was previously sat on.

His two roommates continued to bicker about who ate all the food while he went to their shared bedroom and headed to his futon and tattered yellow backpack. The apartment they shared wasn't big, made of one maybe two people max, but they made it work. It was a little run down and there for the rent was cheap enough for the three of them to easily afford with their preferred activities.

Opening his backpack he found his current analysis book, a various pens and pencils, his wallet filled with a decent amount of cash, spare house keys, and his mask. He smirked at the sight of the mask. It wasn't anything extravagant, it did well enough to hide his face when paired with a hoodie. Toga had picked it out for him and covered most of his face, leaving his mouth and jaw exposed. She'd said that it was apparently a replica of one used in a really old comic book. While he originally didn't enjoy learning that it came from a villain named cat woman, as he got to know the character from the series, he decided she wasn't half bad.

Zipping the bag back up, he carried it over to the closet where he picked out a dark grey hoodie, not caring if it was his or Dabi's. He only knew that it wasn't Toga's as she declared that black and greys weren't cute enough for her taste. He slipped on the hoodie and noted that it was definitely Dabi's as it was too big on him however he was too lazy to change out of it and didn't care if Dabi yelled at him later. 

"Come on losers, we're going shopping." He called to the still bickering duo who'd thankfully stopped when they heard him.

"Fuck yea, more food." They followed him out, Dabi locking the door as they left.