Chapter 15

Today was supposed to be a nice quiet day. The demons were finally asleep after an all nighter so he had decided to head to an arcade then pick up groceries on the way home. That was the plan, but like every other time he's stepped outside recently, its not what happens.

"Give me all ya fuckin' money or I hafta cut a bitch." The punk wanna be threatened after pushing him against the wall of an alley.

Sure he could give the guy his money and be over with it, but where was the fun in that? "So are you the bitch in this scenario?"

That threw the wanna be for a loop. Must not get much practice. "Ya the bitch an' if ya don' give me all ya money, I hafta cut ya."

"Interesting accent choice, is it authentic?"

"What?"

"Like, I know a good accent can mess with police profiles and everything but is this a fake accent or do you just normally speak like an idiot?"

"Tha's it Ima cut ya." The wanna be growled lifting his knife up in the air. Before any actual cutting was done, Deku simply kicked the guy in the crotch with all his strength. The wanna be sunk to the ground in pain while his ears picked up a distinct giggle, one he was very familiar with.

"Hey Toga, want to teach someone the difference between stabbing and cutting?" He called out, looking further down the alley where he could spot a wild Toga Himiko in her natural habitat.

"I though you'd never ask." She sighed dreamily, pulling out one of the many knives she has hidden on her. No one knows where she keeps all of them and nobody asks in fear if being stabbed.

"I'm going to let you have your fun, meet me in the arcade two blocks from here when you're done." He said after pretending to look at the non existent watch on his wrist. While he didn't actually receive a verbal response from Toga, the guy's scream was all the confirmation he needed.

The designated arcade was filled with retro hero games, all of which had stupid plots that he never cared to remember. The only video game that he really liked was a pvp hero street fighter. He liked to think of himself as good at the game, so when Toga came in and began to absolutely thrash him, he vowed never to play again; or at least until the next time he was bored.

"If the first thing you ask me is why my hair is pink then I'm disowning you." He interrupted Toga before she even had the chance to speak. When her mouth immediately closed again he knew  she was going to ask exactly that.

It took another minute or two before Toga opened her mouth again. "So Deku, where have you been all this time?" An actual serious question, maybe he should give her more credit. "You have my favourite butterfly knife." And he was wrong.

"Didn't you use your butterfly knife on that guy back there?" He asked, suddenly becoming confused.

Toga giggled. "No silly, that's my favourite butterfly knife, you have my favourite butterfly knife."

"I'm really not hearing a difference."

"Well this one," She held out the still slightly bloody knife. "this is a butterfly knife. It's adorable right?" She gushed. "You have my knife that has butterflies on it, there for my favourite butterfly knife."

"If I didn't know you were an idiot, then I'd assume that you were messing with me." Deku sighed, ignoring Toga's protests. "It's probably in the bag I took from the bar. You'd have to come to where I'm staying."

"Ooh where's that? Are there any cool people?" God he hoped the Hatsumes weren't home, he did not want to introduce them. "Hey you didn't answer my question! Are there people I need to kill?"

"No, you don't need to kill them. I've already got the police watching me, I don't need them to think I actually know anything." He grumbled, sending a little warning glare at Toga.

"Boo, that's no fun." She pouted. "Why not just kill the police instead?"

"If it was that simple do you think I would still be here?" Barely resisting the urge to yell, he grabbed Toga's arm and dragged her out of the arcade and towards the Hatsume residence.