Chapter 21

"What the actual fuck is that?" Dabi asked, pointing to a ball of fur that had currently taken up residence on one of the few unmarked tables. While usually no one would pay attention to Dabi's inane outbursts, Eri was due back any minute with Toga from a little pick up job the vampire wanna be had.

"That's a table dumbass." Deku replied  not looking up from his new phone he'd obtained a few days ago despite Kurogiri's protests.

"Yea I can see that asshole. I'm talking about what's on the table." Dabi deadpanned sending the teen a half hearted glare.

He looked up from his phone, fingers still tapping away, towards Dabi where is spotted the ball of grey fur. "That's probably Snowball." He shrugged turning back to his phone.

"Deku. Why is Snowball here?" Kurogiri interrupted before a fight could start.

"Eri found her yesterday and now the villain alliance has a mascot." He replied as if it was no big deal. "

"And is Snowball a cat or a dog?" Kurogiri sighed, looking a little more dead in the inside.

Deku shrugged. "Fuck if I know. One minute its barking and wagging their tail the next its meowing and purring." He shuddered like he was remembering something horrific before continuing. "Best I can come up with is either a dog with a cat quirk or a cat with a dog quirk."

As if knowing it was being talked about, the cat-dog looked up and tilted its head before letting out a mix between a bark and a meow. Everyone there suddenly understood why Deku had shuddered. It was not the most comforting of sounds and would take a while to get used to. 

Just as Dabi was going to speak, the front door shot open revealing the two girls. "We're back. I hope you didn't miss us too much." The blonde called cheerfully moving towards the table claimed by Snowball and put down the duffel bag she was carrying. Snowball let out a curious noise that Toga didn't seem to mind as the girl ding through the bag with surprising determination.

Curious as to what the girl was trying to find Deku actually put his phone on his pocket and crept over. Suddenly Toga looked as though she'd won the UA sports festival as she pulled out two smaller bags of what he guessed was pet food. "We stopped on the way back to get food for Snowball." Eri explained as she reached up to try and grab the cat-dog but alas she was too short. Instead Deku picked up Snowball, who let out a surprised bark, and handed it to the young girl.

"Snowball seemed to like the chicken last night." Toga added, ignoring Twice's protest that the chicken was his to eat. "So I got dry good based on that." She continued as she showed the bags to Kurogiri.

"That was rather clever of you Toga." The black mist hummed in approval.

"I'll bet a thousand yen it was Eri's idea." Deku snorted with laughter.

"I'll take you up on that bet." Twice replied smugly.

The pair looked back over at the girls and heard Eri explaining it was her idea. Deku looked o we to twice with his hand out before the other villain sighed and passed over the money and said "Lucky guess. You're good at this.".

Becoming bored once more, Deku retrieved his phone and returned to the news article he'd been reading previously. There was currently a villain going by the name Gentle filming his crimes. It was really kind of stupid, the fuzz were going  to be able to use it against him should he be arrested. Not to mention the camera angles were awkward like the person holding the camera was a child or midget. He kind of wanted to meet the pair behind this, it could be interesting. Hopefully they wouldn't be as intense as Stain, he never did get around to have that chat with the serial killer did he?