Chapter 18

(I don't think you peeps realise how much I love reading your quirky comments XD)

With the plan in place and the meeting starting soon, Deku began to wonder how long it would be before the heroes came bashing the door down. He also wondered who would be there. Deku was 80 percent sure that Eraserhead would be there despite usually being a reclusive night time hero.

A sleek black car pulled over where he stood with Twice and Toga. It rolled down a tinted window and a man with sunglasses and a mask that looked like a beak looked them over. "Get in." The mans voice was harsh as he practically growled the words at them before he unlocked the back doors for them.

The drive was only about ten minutes and definitely not as exciting as Dabi's driving skills, or lack there of. Soon enough the car pulled in to a mansion with tall gates surrounding the perimeter. The guard at the gate inspected the car before allowing them in. After getting out of the car, another man with a beak mask summoned them to follow him down several hall ways and stairs till they were deep underground. Their guide came to a stop at a non-descript door and motioned for them to enter.

The room was white with two couches facing each other, a coffee table between them. "So, Shigaraki didn't end up coming. Interesting." Overhaul almost sounded bored.

"Can you really blame him though, you've just killed one of our members and maimed another. Now he has to recruit another member or two." Deku replied not amused. "Luckily he knows me well enough to know I can handle this myself."

"With your body guards I'm assuming."

"Oh, no. I don't believe I have properly introduced us yet. Silly me. To my right is Toga Himiko, an expert with knives and sharp objects. To the left is Twice, his quirk allows him to create duplicates of anyone he has the measurements of. As for myself, you could say that I'm a good strategist. Shigaraki sent us here to work under you as a sort if prelude to a partnership."

"Interesting indeed. How do I know I can trust you? It isn't a good strategy to just go trusting anyone that says they'll work for us. Surely you know that little strategist." It almost sounded like a taunt and for a good few seconds he could feel the two beside him tense up.

"Of course, its why I came prepared." He replied with a knowing smile. He looked over at the masked men hanging around the room before speaking up again. "I need to reach into my pocket to get something, if you could make sure your people didn't attack me, I'd very much appreciate it."

"Very well then." Overhaul nodded to his bodyguards with narrowed eyes.

Deku didn't thank the man but proceeded to raise his right hand in the air while left hand went into his pants pocket and retrieved a small cylinder with a needle. "Our people retrieved this recently from a public disturbance. Two of these were fired, only one hit its mark. From what we were able to gather, the one that connected causes the victim to loose their quirk. While only temporary, I'm assuming its only a matter of time before you finish a more... permanent one. As a way to prove to you that you can trust us, I'm not only willing to use this on myself right now, should you disprove of our work here you're more than welcome to use the permanent version on me." He grinned, holding the needle over his arm.

"I am impressed to say the least. Not many would go as far as to give up their own quirk as to prove their loyalty."

"Of course. It wouldn't be as affective if we offered someone else as a pawn really, and it's a risk I'm willing to take." Deku shrugged.

"Before you show me your loyalty. How did you know the bullet came from us and how did you know that we're working on a stronger solution?"

Deku grinned, he'd hoped this would happen. "It was simple really, you could say analysis is a quirk of mine." He winked before stabbing the needle into his forearm with only a small grunt.