Chapter 25

"I knew there was something I was forgetting." Deku mused from his position, dangling upside down from a light post with Eraserhead's scarf like capture weapon tightly wrapped around his ankle. He was thankful for the cat mask that had stayed in place throughout the chase and his eventual capture.

"It's over, the police are already on their way." The underground hero warned as the scarf dug tighter.

Deku looked silently into Eraserhead's eyes for an uncomfortable length of time before speaking. "Hoes mad?"

"What?" Eraserhead looked confused.

"Hoes mad." Deku repeated.

"What is that even supposed to mean?"

"Hoes." He paused. "Mad."

Before they could continue the pointless back and forth the sound of piercing sirens filled the air getting louder and louder Be for they became unbearable.

"Jingle bells, All Might smells, Eggdeavour laid an egg. The hero Hawks lost his wings and Deku got away." Deku began to sing over and over again in a vain attempt to drown out the siren. Despite the siren being louder it was very satisfying to see Eraserhead face palm and groan.

Finally the squad of police cars arrived, one detective Tsukauchi leading the pack. Despite this he kept up the repetitive song determined to be as annoyingly loud as possible. Maybe one of his acquaintances would hear him and come help. It didn't work and he was instead carefully lowered, cuffed and shoved into the back of a police car, Eraserhead sitting in the back with him. Only then he stopped singing.

"Oh thank god." The underground hero muttered.

"Excuse you, I'll have you know I sing like an angel." The glare he received for that comment was almost deadly if Eraserhead didn't look like a wet cat.

"At least we know being annoying isn't your quirk."

"Wow rude much, after everything we've been through?" Deku place a cuffed hand over his heart and feigned being hurt.

"We're almost there. You may as well start saying your good byes to the outside world." The underground hero pointed out and Deku grumbled about sour wet cats under his breath before finally being quiet and staring out into the dark city streets. All he was trying to do was figure out the new security protocols the Endeavour Agency had when Eraserhead ambushed him. It was hardly a fair fight after that.

He was deep in thought when they arrived and had yet to notice the now stationary surroundings or the fact Eraserhead was trying to talk to him. It was only when he almost fell out the now opened car door that he realised. "Finally back on earth?"

"Nah I'm still high as a kite." Deku retorted with an eye roll as he was practically dragged by the cuffs to the police station where he was guided to am interrogation room and left alone. It was tempting to go back to singing his song but by this point it felt like old news. Mayhaps he should come up with a new song?

Before he could decide the door to the interrogation room opened once more and detective go-go gadget lie detector and the underground hero wet cat entered sitting opposite him. Neither party spoke, opting to sike the other out.

"You have the right to remain silent." Deku decided to go first. "Anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford an attorney one will be appointed to you."

"You see what I mean." Erasercat looks at the lie detector I'd exasperation.

"Let's just get this over with." There was a sigh and he was sure it came from both adults.

"Black Cat. As it seems you are aware of your... rights, that means we can start this process. While you don't currently have many crimes to your name you have been seen affiliated with known members of the League of Villains. Are you a member of the league?"

"What a loaded question. Can I get back to you on that?" Deku responded.

"No." Was the simple and concise answer Erasercat gave.

"Fine dad. They kidnapped me at first and I stayed around because I was bored."

"True." The lie detector stated as he wrote something down. "What is your position within the league?"

"I tell them things and they sometimes listen." He answered vaguely, still pissy about handyman kidnapping Bakugo despite how stupid it was.

"What kind of things?" Eraserhead pushed.

"Hey handyman how bout you don't kidnap the aggressive hero kid, he's not going to want to be a villain. Handyman could you not disintegrate the controller every time you die, you'll put us into debt. Dabi you're supposed to use a bucket of water to wake someone up, not set their bed on fire. Shall I go on?"

From the looks of things they two adults didn't really know what to say.

"Right... moving on." The lie detector almost groaned. "How long have you been a villain for?"

"That really depends on what you consider a villain doesn't it?" Deku countered.

"Just answer the question." Erasercat chimed in.

"Alright 3 years now."

"Lie. Just tell the truth for your own good." Lie detector stated.

"2 years"

"Lie."

"1 year."

"Lie."

"6 months."

"Lie, just tell the truth. I could do this all day."

"Have you thought about the fact I don't identify as a villain?" Deku shrugged.

"True..."