Chapter 27

"Eraserhead tells me you're ready to talk." The human lie detector entered the room alone, just like he'd asked. Instead of a verbal response, he simple nodded his head. Deku had hours to think about everything from the stuff he'd don't to the person he's become. While not all of it had been legal, he doesn't regret a second of it. He would however regret someone letting some random come in and tell his story like it was a list. So while it was earlier than he wanted, he was going to tell his life story his way.

"I'll let you start with what ever you're comfortable with." Wow that was surprisingly considerate coming from the dicktective.

"I-I hated myself before all this. I hated the people around me. Sure there was one exception but even that wasn't enough to keep me around. I was planning to end my life." Deku started, refusing to look the dicktective in the eyes. Instead he dutifully looked at the wall just to the left of the lie detector.

"That was when someone found me. They understood what I was going through and they became my first real friend. I decided to run away that night with only a backpack of my belongings. We found a place to stay and I got paid doing odd bits and pieces for people. Doesn't matter if it was legal or not." He wasn't sure if this was being recorded or written but it didn't really matter to him.

"Then I met someone else that understood me. We saved each other and they joined us, the duo became a trio. We had fun doing what we did and genuinely enjoyed being around each other. I finally found a place to belong. They got me my mask when my jobs became more illegal and suddenly there were people calling me a villain, calling me Black Cat and it was pretty cool. I never saw myself as a villain though." He paused, deciding how to word what happens next.

"We stayed like this a couple years. Just enjoying the company we had in each other. Then things spiraled out of control. One of my jobs I was delivering quirk suppressants to one of the gangs when I over hear something I wasn't supposed to. I learnt that a little girl was being used to make these drugs. I take a few more  jobs with them and learn more information. I then find a way to contact Eraserhead since I know he's worked with vigilantes before. I thought that he'd be the most willing to listen to what I had to say. So that's what I did."

"It wasn't long after that ran into Stain about to murder Native and Ingenium the second. Personally I'm not a fan of Native but I recognised Ingenium the second from the sports festival and knew he was in Eraser's class so I distract Stain and get him away. I guess Endeavour was actually useful for once with catching Stain and all. That was then that Nomu thing picked me up and took me to meet the league. I ended up moving in with them and my room mates followed me." Deku had this feeling that the dicktective wanted ask something. But he wasn't done yet and didn't want to be interrupted.

"I was against the kidnapping at the training camp because I knew that those kids had no chance of joining the league. The attack itself I had no problem with. They didn't listen to me and we paid the price. I managed to escape the fighting with a backpack full of my own and my old room mates most prized possessions. I think it was the next week I was homeless. It could have been longer but I was not completely lucid at the time. Then you found me." Deku guessed that the man was confused. So he clarified.

"You put me into witness protection and had me stay with the Hatsumes. They're both insane by the way. If we so than some villains. My old roommates took me back to the league. The eight assholes of death had a meeting with us, killed one of my friends and severely injured another so we went on the attack, pretending to be on their side till the heroes attacked. Take advantage of the chaos to free Eri, take their assets and secrets. Revenge for what they did to us. I also told handy man a way to make plague boy powerless with out using the quirk breaking drugs."

"The van taking him to Tartarus was ambushed and his arms were disintegrated." The dicktective finally interrupted.

"He deserved to suffer the same way we did. It would be too easy to just kill him. As a bonus, without his arms he can no longer use the quirk his philosophy hated. Some one with a twisted mind might think we helped him." He reasoned with a shrug.

"Are you willing to answer  some questions I still have?"

"That would depend in the question." Was all he replied with.

"Can you name the villains you associated with?"

"If you're asking if I know their names, then sure,I know what they want to be called." He started. "If you're asking me to gives those names to you then no I won't."

"You say you aren't a villain but admit to commiting crimes, is that correct?" It seemed like the man didn't understand what he has said earlier.

"Yes."

"Would you explain to me how that is?" The man was probably confused with his quirk picking truths that countered his beliefs.

"Well I guess my definition of a villain differs." Deku mused. "When I think of a villain, I think if someone who uses their quirk to disrupt society, and that's not me. Perhaps there needs to be an official and clear difference between villains and criminals."

"So you don't believe you were disruptive to society?" The lie detector sounded sceptical and rightfully so.

"After how I was treated I would like to hope I was an absolute menace." Deku snuggly replied.

"Then how-" He guessed the only way the dicktective was going to get it was if it was written in red neon lights above his head or something.

"Maybe I need to make myself crystal clear. Hi, I'm quirkless."