Chapter 28

His risky reveal must have really caught them all off guard considering it has been literal hours since the dicktective came and took his statement. While he initially didn't want to reveal any information to the fuzz, it was better than having some know it all rando with some bull shit mind reading quirk invite themselves into his head. At least this way he wasn't being a snitch.  Maybe they'd take pity on the quirkless kid and set him free with a slap on the wrist. Hopefully, but not likely.

It wouldn't be long till they found out who who he was. After all there were only so many missing quirkless teens from this area. All they had to do was find his old missing poster and boom, he was caught. If only he had his phone, he'd be we to call Kurogiri for a quick lift back.

Maybe if he tried hard enough he could telepathically summon Dabi to set everything on fire or Toga to stab everyone. Either one really. Shigaraki would just laugh at him as he disintegrated everything, at least Toga and Dabi would wait till after they were all safe-ish.

The door opening once more pulled him from his thoughts as Eraserhead sat down across from him. "I have a proposition for you. You haven't really done anything major that the government can prove. If you come to UA I can get you into the general education course."

"And what hang round with a bunch of assholes who think that just because they got into UA that they can cruise through life not caring about anything else. Or even worse a bunch of wannabe sickness heroes with their heads so far up their asses they don't even know it. No thanks, I think I'd rather rot in prison." Deku huffed and crossed his arms.

"Not everyone is like that." Erasers sighed. "If you give them a chance I'm sure you'd be pleasantly surprised"

"Yeah no. Been there done that. Not a big fan of having my shit destroyed and being told to kill myself." He snorted.

"We can help you, if you let us."

"Haha funny joke." He replied sarcastically. "I'm just a charity case aren't I? Oh UA is sooo wonderful, look at them taking in this quirkless child who was so hurt. I refuse. UA may be a hero school but the hero society is disgraceful."

"We can say you're a transfer student who has shown promise in academics or something and no one has to know anything you don't want them to."

"Bold of you to say academics when I didn't even finish middle school." Deku shot back.

"It's an example problem child." The underground hero sighed. "I will let you think on it and I'll come back later. Just know that Nedzu does want to meet you and if you won't come to UA, he'll come here."

Deku shivered slightly at the mention of the UA principle, he'd heard rumours about the ruthlessness and extremity of principle and He was sure the rumours were under exaggerated. While Erasercat left, he decided to weigh his options. Being in UA likely meant that he wouldn't be able to contact the league, his friends, any time soon. It also meant he has a much higher chance of running into Bakugo and who knows how that would go, likely painfully. On the upside, should he manage to get in contact with his friends then he would have so much more information at his disposal and he wouldn't go to prison or juvy or where ever else they would send him.

Both options sounded shit and he honestly didn't like either. Maybe there was still time to escape. Looking around subtly as to not raise suspicion he noted that there looked to be a paperclip on the floor under the table, he could reach it with his foot and try to unlock the hand cuffs but last time that was tried the paperclip broke and he had to get handyman to disintegrate them off. Either way it was an option, not a good one but still an option.

Other than the paperclip the room looked pretty spotless, well despite a couple stains of god knows what, actually it was probably piss. He didn't want to think about it too long. With a quick glance around the room he stretched his foot out and caught the paperclip under his foot, as he did the door opened again and in came Nedzu and Erasercat.

"Oh god what the fuck is that?" Deku exclaimed dramatically. "Oh its just you Eraser, false alarm." The man grunted and Deku swore that Nedzu snickered.

"Now now Midoriya, I am sure Eraserhead here has had enough of your teasing for now." The principle spoke and Deku sat straighter at the mention of his actual name. "I am Nedzu and whether I am a dog, a mouse or a bear is a mystery but the only important thing is that I am the principle. But I am sure you already knew that."

Deku nodded, not quite trusting his voice buy he spoke any way. "A rat." Both pro heroes looked at him and he chocked a little before continuing. "Mice and rats a similar except rats are larger, more cunning and several other similarities to Nedzu."

"My my you are quite the catch. How we let you slip through our fingers we will never know. Actually I may look into it should I find myself bored." The principle mused. "Never the less I am sure you heard from Eraserhead that I am willing to integrate you into my school. I can have a dorm room set up for you with one call should you accept of course."

"I'm going to need more information on what this all will entail you know." Deku responded skeptically.

"Of course. Perhaps it would be better for Eraserhead to leave us for now while we talk." The rat thought aloud before turning to the heroin question. "Could you give the two of us some privacy? If you could also ask the detective to leave as well that would be excellent." Erasercat left with a quiet grumble that he couldn't make out but turned and left, closing the door behind him.

"Now, let us talk."