Chapter 20

"Deku." He could hear someone call his name but it sounded distant like there was a wall between him and who ever was speaking. "Deku?" The voice called again. He knows that it was definitely his name but he couldn't figure out who was saying it. "Deku wake up you lazy bum!"

Startling awake he found himself on floor of his room, Eri and Dabi standing over him. Eri he could understand, there wasn't enough room for the girl to have her own room and she only really felt safe enough to sleep near him meaning that another single bed had taken up refuge in his room. Dabi on the other hand had no business being in his room.

"Dabi." Deku smiled sweetly. "You have five seconds to tell me what you're doing in my room before I do something you won't like." He added in a sickeningly sweet tone.

Dabi pointed to Eri. "She couldn't wake you and was worried you were dead. I offered a hand."

"Does this have something to do with my current position on the floor?" Deku asked gritting his teeth a little.

"Nah dude you did that yourself probably during the night of you even actually made it to bed." Dabi snickered. He vaguely remember falling and then nothing but that wasn't his problem anymore.

"Deku?" Eri spoke up softly. "Are we going shopping today?" She asked, blinking shyly. Oh yea, he promised Eri and Toga they'd go shopping today. Sure he had money but he guessed it might not be enough to get the girl everything she wanted. Toga was coming to help them acquire new items and help Eri try clothes on.

"Right, let me get ready and then we can head off." Deku told the girl who lite up and nodded, skipping out leaving him and Dabi. "Are you going to leave or what?"

"Are you going to get off the floor or what?" Dabi retorted before leaving with his hands in his pocket.

Finally alone he got off the floor and dusted himself off before going through his bag for his wallet and other necessities. He didn't bother changing considering he was lazy and was still looked decent enough that people wouldn't think he was homeless or up to something. Leaving his room he passes handyman and they exchanged their usual greeting of the middle finger bed or heading to the main living area of the base. Toga was already up and dressed along with Twice, Mr Compress who now had a cool new prosthetic arm, and obviously Kurogiri who seemed to always be up when ever Deku was. He had a sneaking suspicion the mist man never slept despite having his own room at the base, he'd yet to prove it.

"Deku! Are you ready?" Toga greeted enthusiastically when she spotted him emerge.

"It's too early for you to be this loud." He grumbled in response.

"It's like one in the afternoon"

"What's you point?" He looked at her with a raised eye brow before walking for the door seeing Toga and Eri follow from the corner of his eye.

"Would you like me to take you?" Kurogiri asked before they left.

Deku blinked realising that they didn't organise a lift and the nearest shopping centre was a 45 minute journey if you were a fast walker. There was no way Eri would be able to make it with out stopping a couple times.

"Yea that'd be great." He replied a little sheepishly as Kurogiri sighed. The man opened a portal and the four of them stepped through. "Meet me here in 2 hours or you'll have to walk back." They were warned before the man left and the portal closed.

"Well, what do we do first?" Deku turned, looking at Eri.

"Let's get food." Toga replied despite his small glare.

"I was asking Eri, not you."

"Food." Eri whispered tilting her head.

Deku let out a sigh before leading the two girls to the food court where he got a bowl of fried rice and orange juice for Eri, katsudon and sprite for Toga, and fries and a ice chocolate for himself. "Deku you should really eat more" Toga commented through a mouthful of her own food.