Chapter 19

The ground began to shake, caused by the fight currently above ground. For all they knew an advance team could already be heading towards them. How ever the trio knew that it was time for their own plan to begin.

"Toga, Twice, cut off any advancing heroes. Take out any strugglers." The pair nodded at their instructions. "I'm going to retrieve our prizes."

They spit up, Twice and Toga heading towards the entrance of the base while Deku ventured deeper where he knew Eri and the formula were kept. He didn't doubt that he'd run into Overhaul while everything was going on, he was just hopeful that either he could keep his bluff going or the heroes kept Overhaul distracted long enough for him to get away. His first stop was the lab, after all he didn't want to traumatize Eri if he brought her here to grab the drug.

It took a bit of effort to find the formula but soon he had both the recipe and the few vials they had stocked. If he was to guess, some had already been taken to be used. His next stop was the prison they called Eri's room. It wasn't too far from the lab, obviously needing to move Eri to and from easily. Upon opening the door he spotted the little girl using her blankets to hide herself. His heart aches for her but this wasn't the time for sympathy. They needed to get moving and leave the facility.

"Hey Eri, its okay I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a hushed voice to calm her. "I'm here to get you out. Overhaul won't be able to hurt you ever again."

Eri looked up at him for a minute deciding if she should trust him, and while he didn't want to do anything that would mean she didn't trust him, he was becoming more and more nervous by the minute. Finally the girl  crept closer and closer till he could scoop her in his arms, thankful that she didn't protest. Deku then tried to make a run for it however the winding halls soon took on a rugged look and became twisting and impossible to navigate. With a hiss of annoyance from him and a whimper from Eri, Deku back tracked hoping to find an exit.

While not quite an exit they stumbled upon a cavern like space that never used to be there. He guessed that it was Overhaul's doing considering the masked man looked powered up as he faced off against someone he didn't recognise. The fight  looked to be at a stand still with Overhaul throwing attacks while his opponent was able to phase through them like they were nothing. The sight of the man however lead Eri to let out a scream, drawing attention to them.

"Sugar honey ice tea." He muttered, not wanting to actually swear in front of Eri.

"Deku! You lying bastard! You're going to regret living when I'm finished with you." The man snarled causing Eri to shy away. Overhaul on the other hand didn't miss a beat pulling out a gun and Deku knew exactly what was going to happen. The gun fired and he shielded Eri with his body, taking note of Overhaul's previous opponent running towards him spouting words of warning. The quirk removing bullet hit just below his right shoulder blade and he couldn't help the howl of pain that escaped his lips.

"No." His ears rang, nearly registering the anguished voice of the probable hero, despite not knowing anything, This person was worried about his none existent quirk. It was rather funny when he thought about, born quirkless and no one cared about him, but here this hero was thinking he'd just lost his quirk.

There was no time like the present. Standing in a way that shielded Eri he faced the resuming fight and smirked. "Oh no I've been hit by a quirk nullifying bullet, what ever shall I do?" He called out dramatically, stopping the fight in it's tracks. "How will I ever cope with the loss of the quirk I never had? Oh poor me!" Deku's smirk ending his dramatic speech. He watched as the hero looked at him in confusion while Overhaul stood there shell shocked.

"There's no way you're quirkiness. Nemoto used his quirk on you during the meeting." Overhaul snapped back after a minute of silence.

"Ding ding ding we have a winner, but what you might not realise is that after the rise of quirks, the original meaning of the word was never changed but rather another definition was added to it. And if you recall how I worded it, there was no lie. I just however lack the evolution that is now days considered a quirk." The stunned silence filled him with satisfaction before the roof caved in filling the hole with dust and sunlight. From the corner of his eye he spotted Twice and Toga and his body relaxed at the sight of them still alive.

"Well if there is nothing else to talk about, I shall see you two hmmm never." He added a wink at the end as he scooped Eri on his back and began climbing the rough walls towards freedom, satisfied when he heard Overhaul let loose a scream of frustration as he assumed the hero got in the way of reclaiming the girl. Not long now and the three of them would disappear leaving the heroes to clean up the mess.