Chapter 2

He was crouched on the edge of a 3 story building, hood up and mask in place, looking down to where he was supposed to be meeting an underground hero. While the prospect of meeting one of his favourite heroes made him excited, the fact that Toga and Dabi tagged along with him really dampened his mood.

"And they were room mates." Toga cheerfully recounted her latest murder apparently involving a pair of roommates.

"Oh my god they were room mates." Dabi sarcastically responded.

"Guys can you not. I'm trying to be excited over here." Deku sighed, tearing his eyes off the meeting place to glare.

"Why are you even meeting a hero any way? You got a crush or something?" Dabi teased.

"Shut up, he's actually one of the few good heroes and he has something I want."

"When's the wedding?" Toga giggled.

Just as he was about to retort, a figure in black clothes and a grey scarf arrived below them. "See you later losers." He ended up saying before rushing down the building's fire escape.

"I wasn't sure if you were actually going to show up." A gruff voice said when Deku was close enough.

"Well I had to make sure that you were following instructions. What's the point of offering you information if I was just going to walk into a trap." He shrugged as he came face to face with the underground hero.

"So, how much do you even want in return?" The underground hero asked, getting straight to the point. 

"Well Eraserhead, I could ask for money but that's no fun. Instead I'd like to know about Bakugo Katsuki is."

"You have a personal connection with him then?" Eraserhead looked to be hiding his interest.

"Oh no, I just happened to watch the sports festival and his attitude caught my attention."

"I'll have you know that there no way you're going to be getting my student with out getting through me first." Eraserhead threatened, hair floating and eyes red signalling his quirk was in use.

"Easy there. I'm not stupid enough to even think about trying to recruit him or even capture him. How ever there are... less intelligent people that would take his... explosive attitude as a sign that he'd make a good villain. I'll give you that free of charge."

"And why should I even believe a villain to begin with?" Eraserhead accused.

"Everyone has a story. You could say circumstance, discrimination, trauma, and mental illness are all reasons someone might become a villain." Deku shrugged.

"Oh? Then what's your story?"

"Nice try Eraserhead, you have to be friendship level 36 to unlock my tragic back story." He winked.

The underground hero rolled his eyes. "So, what was it that you wanted to tell me that was so important. If it was worth my time, I'll tell you things about Bakugo."

"Fair enough." Deku agreed. He'd already told the man things of some importance but it wasn't what he'd originally set out to do. "There's a group of people, Yakuza, known as the Eight Precepts of Death. They're developing a drug that can erase someone's quirk." This caught Eraserhead's attention. "So far it's in the developmental stage so it last about 12-24 hours. Expect to see it out on the streets soon"

"And why are you telling me this? If something like this really exists then wouldn't you try and keep it to yourself? You'd be able to bring heroes to ruin and know one would know what hit them." The underground hero seemed conflicted. 

"While you are correct, there are definitely heroes I'd love to see burn out, there is a reason that I'm telling you." Deku looked at Eraserhead's raised eyebrow for a moment before continuing. "It's the way the drug is created. There's a girl, about six maybe seven whose quirk is being abused to make this drug. I haven't gotten all the information regarding her quirk but that isn't the point. They're running experiments on her, using her for her quirk and it disgusts me."

"Then why not do something about it yourself?"

"Nothing is that simple you see. I am but one person while the hero industry has several agencies in the area that could be of use." Deku smirked before he started to walk away.

"Didn't you want to know about Bakugo?" Eraserhead questioned in barely hidden confusion.

"I changed my mind. How about instead you can owe me a small favour at a later date? Also just a heads up, it's not polite to wear a wire." Deku shrugged before heading back up to the roof where Dabi and Toga had apparently waited for him.

"Deku and Eraser sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Toga giggled as he rolled his eyes.

"So, what did you two talk about?" Dabi asked, sounding smug.

"Fuck off, I know you two were listening."