Chapter 29

(Sorry for the wait, real life you know?)

UA always seemed much bigger in person. This time he wasn't here for a social visit, that damned rat had a way of getting what he wanted. Once more his hair was dark pink as he took the name Rei Hatsume again.

Currently he was laying on the roof despite it being time for class, what would be the point of being here if he did everything he was supposed to? The door leading down from The roof opened but Deku didn't bother looking to see who disturbed him.

"Are you Rei Hatsume?" The voice was familiar so he opened an eye and spotted the youngest Todoroki looking cold as ever.

"That's a good question, can I get back to you on that?"

"No. The teachers are looking for you. Get to class." The Todoroki stalked closer till he was almost stood over Deku.

"That sounds like a them problem rather than a me problem." he yawned, adding emphasis on how much he cared.

"I am not leaving until you get to class." The Todoroki declared, arms crossed.

"That's on you Shoto." The Todoroki looked confused for a second before his face returned to neutrality. "I would've called you by your last name but saying it makes me want to throw up."

The boy couldn't hide the surprise at his statement and Deku snorted. Before anything else could be said the door opened once more to reveal the rat. "I hope I am not interrupting anything."

"Nah not really." Deku replied, not getting up.

"Excellent. Thank you for finding him Todoroki, I can take things from here." The rat continued ignoring Deku gagging at the name Todoroki.

Shoto nodded and left the pair on the roof. Neither moved for a couple minutes and it was almost easy for Deku to forget he wasn't alone. That was until the rat addressed him. "Let us continue where we left off."

Deku sighed dramatically, rolled onto his stomach but still refused to get up or even sit. "Now now, I know you must be feeling the pressure with the new environment and all the work you have to do."

"No shit Sherlock."

"However you should not disappear like that. Everyone was worried."

"It's not like I can actually disappear with that fucking tracker you make me wear. Not to mention the literal dozens of CCTV everywhere. It wouldn't have been hard to fond me." Deku wanted to roll his eyes. When would the rat actively remember that this nice act was a waste of both their time.

"While you do make an excellent point, not everyone has access to the same resources I do perhaps I should assign one of the teachers to watch over you between classes and put everyone's minds at ease." The rat looked like he was thinking but Deku knew better and guessed that the principle had already decided on a course of action.

"Although I could assign one of the hero students. Perhaps you would be more willing to cooperate with someone your own age?"

"Haha funny joke." Deku replied blandly. "You already know I want nothing to do with the hero wannabes."

"You seemed to be getting along rather well with the Todoroki boy when he was up here."

Deku gagged again before speaking. "Just because we have something in common doesn't mean we're suddenly  bffs."

"If you say so." The rat had that look in his eye that meant he was up to something. Knowing his luck, Deku was not going to like it.