Chapter 9

"I already knew you were an idiot, but this is a new low even for you." Deku sighed in feigned sympathy.

"I'm not an idiot and this is a great plan. You have no idea what you're talking about." Shigaraki huffed.

"Bakugo isn't going to want to join us. In fact the only one who would maybe consider it would be Todoroki."

"You just say that 'cause you think he's hot." Toga interrupted casually, smirking when he glared at her.

"For the last time! I do not have a crush on him! I'm just jealous if his quirk." Deku growled as Dabi pretended to throw up in the background.

"But you said it yourself!" Shigaraki hissed, making Deku turn back to his original conversation and ignore his friends who continued to make fun of him behind his back. "He doesn't act like a hero and doesn't deserve to be one."

"I also said that he's so fucking stubborn and has the subtlety of a bull in a china shop."

"Then what is even the point of attacking their stupid camp?" Shigaraki threw his hand up in exasperation.

Deku pinched the bridge of his noes. "To prove a point. That heroes aren't gods. Tear them down where it hurts most."

"Yes." Shigaraki whispered as if he's had figured out the meaning of life. "Target All Might's weakness."

"All heroes." He interrupted.

"All heroes. Right."

"The public may be mindless most of the time but they also hold the heroes lives in their hands. Make the public hate heroes and the whole system goes down the drain." Deku smirked.

"Kurogiri, drinks for Deku and I. Orange juice, hold the ice."