040: Uncertain

Boruto

By the time we were halfway back to the dorms sarada was already asleep.

I parked my car in the parking lot and took her inside. I took the elevator up, and i arrived at the door. I went to knock, but the door was already opened.

It was Chouchou. "Sarada shot me a text earlier." I nodded with a small smile as i rested sarada in Chouchou's arms.

I waved her goodbye and i was on my way.

~°~°~°~°

I was deep in thought as my feet shuffled me over to the parking lot. Something about what Mr. Smith said has me on edge.

You've grown quite a bit young uzumaki. But im afraid you made the wrong choice...

What the hell did mean by that? What choice did i make that was so wrong?

I wasn't just going to allow myself to be intimidated my someone who was at least 40 years older than me!

This was all really just stupud... By the time my train of thought had pulled into the station i was already driving my car.

It was probably best to lay waste to the whole situation. It, after all was a dispiriting attempt to try and merge business with my dad's company.

I have seen people in the past try and wriggle their way into my dad's business, but all those attempts were only ever in vain.

I will probably never understand his posistion as the ceo and founder, but i know for an absolute fact that if i do decided to take over this damn business that I'll put an end to the gold-digging money pirates my dad calls 'business partners'.

I've been around these cheapskates long enough to know that they don't play by the book, and they will do anything it takes to have one more penny in their piggy bank. Even if it means sacrificing their own children to try and combine companies.

My dad considered doing that shit with me once, i should be damn glad that my mother literally slapped some sense into him then. I was 14 at the time, and trust me i did not like the sound of an arranged marriage.

I reached my dorm and went inside. I was surprised to see inojin walking the opposite direction of me. He shot me a smirk.

That damn bastard...

I took a deep breath as i entered the elevator.

I stepped out walked to my room. I unlocked it with my keys and let out a deep sigh as i entered my room.

The time was 1:30 AM. We had been at the formal since 7:25, so i wouldn't blame Sarada for being exhausted.

I took of my tie, and my blazer and went in my bed without changing.

~°~°~°

Sarada

I stretched as i let out a small yawn. I looked at my alarm clock beside my bed, and it read 8:37. Huh... Morning already.

I must've been knocked out cold last night, because i don't remember anything after boruto took me out of there.

I didn't see chouchou in her bed so i walked out of our room and into the living room.

I didn't see her there either. I walked into the kitchen to see a note on the refrigerator.

'stepped out for a bit. I'll be back soon, i left two biscuits and a few slices of bacon for you in the micorwave. You're lucky i didn't eat it. See ya soon gurllll'
                                             -chouchou

I rolled my eyes with a snort as i folded her note and left it on the counter. I went into the microwave and found my desired breakfast goodness. I found out not too long ago that chouchou can actually cook. Surely she can't cook as good as me, because im equivalent to Gordon ramsey himself, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I sat on the couch and flilped the tv on.

There was nothing good on tv anymore... I sighed as i munched on a piece of bacon, allowing thoughts that never really kept track of to seep into the depths of my mind.

The one big thought that kept reoccurring in my head was my father.

I know for a fact that my mom gets super sensitive whenever someone in our family brings him up. One time my granfather on my dad's side brung him up during thanksgiving a few years back, and lets just say that my mom definetly didn't take a liking to what he was implying.

I feel that my mom holds some sort of disdain over him. I don't mean it that way actually. Sometimes i just feel that she thinks he betrayed us in some sort of way is all im saying. Part of me wants to give him a chance when he does come back, and part of me just wants to shun him for leaving for so long.

I still have this wary uncertainty deep down inside me...

What if he doesn't come back?

.

.

.

.

This one was a bit short. I have my reasons...

See ya in the next one!