042: suspicions

Sarada

I raised a curious eyebrow when i heard a knock at my door. I got up to answer it. I opened it to see boruto standing there.

"Hey." He said, well more like breathed.

I smiled at him curiously. "Hi..." I moved out the way to let him in.

He shook his jacket off and hung it on the hook next to the door.

He went and sat on the couch. He motioned for me to come on over. I gave him a questionable look before i went over to him and sat in his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head down to my ear. "I wanted to come see you. There's this new horror movie that came out, i figured you'd want to see it." I sensed a grin spread on his face.

I turned my head and narrowed my eyes at him. "You know damn well i hate horror movies."

He groaned. "But this is a good one! It doesn't have as much gore, shikadai watched it and he said it was really good!" He smiled.

I huffed. "Fine. But if i get nightmares tonight im killing you."

He smiled before he grabbed the remote.

Chouchou had recently bought this thing where you could watch movies as soon as they came out, or beflre they were even released. It was pretty convient, although i do wish i never told boruto about it...

He turned the movie on and we started watching.

(Note that this chapter will mostly be in boruto's pov for various reasons😶)

Boruto

I sighed when i felt sarada go limp against me. She's a heavy and a light sleeper, im not sure whether it's a blessing or a curse...

I carefully got up and rested her gently down against the couch.

I grabbed a blanket that was in the nearby closet.

I covered her with it and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I'll be back soon..." I whispered.

I walked towards the door and took my jacket off the hook. I zipped it up and exited the room, being sure to lock it.

I checked my watch. It read 11:53.

I exited the building and got in my car.

I drove to the location. I was probably going to get there late because he did say 12:00 on the dot.

I arrived at the location 10 minutes later, it was 12:03.

I looked up at the building i was standing infront of.

Smith co.

I sighed and walked around back. It was an alleyway type thing, as cliché as it sounds...

I checked my watch once more, and it was now 12:06.

He told me to be here at 12:00 exactly and he's not even here yet.

I scoffed as i shook my head. "Waste of my time..." I muttered.

"Oh is it now?" A voice chided from behind me.

I jumped as i turned around swiftly and saw Mr. Smith standing there. He walked up further and behind him was a group of men. They were bigger than me, stronger than me, and im sure i saw the silhouette of a pocket knife in one of their pockets.

I narrowed my eyes at the man infront of me. "What the hell is this? What the hell do you want with me?" I asked sternly.

I flinched when i saw him flip out a very sharp pocket knife. He held it to my neck.