041: the calm before the storm

Boruto

I heard a soft knock at my door. I smirked when i figured it was sarada. The girl can't get enough of me.

I walked to the door, but not before pulling my shirt off. What? Why not give her the extra surprise huh?

I opened the door with a smug look on my face. "I knew you couldn't resist me. Don't worry, allow me to sweep you off your feet darlin--" i opened my eyes and was shocked to the core to see my dad's assistant standing right there. Her face is slowly lighting up like a firecracker.

My face tints a dark red as i run back into the room and put my shirt back on. I run back to the door in still complete shock. "A--akio-san? What are you doing here? You're supoosed to be--" she smiled.

"You're father told me to drop off these informant papers. They're not really that important, just business stuff. Though, he still wanted me to give these to you. And please, just call me kaori." She said sheepisly.

I don't really know akio-san all that well, but i thought it would be formal to add the suffix.

I nodded slowly as she handed me the papers. "Well thank you for this." I said. I was about to close the door, before i felt a force holding it open.

It was her. She had a grin on her face that didn't really sit all that well with me.

I raised a brow and gave her a questioning look. "We haven't talked to eachother in so long, i figured why don't i come in and we can talk?"

Something about that sentence gave off a suspicious feeling. I really didn't want her to come in, not for the reasons you think. It's really because Shikadai and i are guys, so the place is going to look like a pigsty. Not only that, but i really only clean it when i ask sarada to come over.

I sighed. "It'd be a bad idea for you to come in right now. But if you let me get dressed, i guess we can go to the café on campus and catch up... I guess." I said as i scratched my cheek with my index finger.

She smiled brightly as she clasped her hands together. "That sounds great! I'll meet you in the lobby!" She said cheerfully.

I chuckled awkwardly as i closed the door.

This is the exact opposite of what i wanted to happen...

I took a quick shower and got on a nice change of clothes. It was the middle of december, a week and half away from Christmas, so of course it was going to be a little cold.

I zipped on my jacket and put my keys and phone in my pockets.

I exited my dorm and met akio-san in the lobby. (I know this is mostly taking place it the u.s, but i still want the Japanese aspect of it to be there, so thats why I'll probably use 'san' or 'chan' alot. Maybe the other ones too)

As we were walking she started up a conversation. "So what have you been up to these days boruto?" She asked with smile.

I shurgged. "Not much really. I have a basketball game tomarrow, so when i get back i might have to carbo load... Aside from that i take taijutsu classes with my--" she interuppted.

"You take taijutsu? That's so cool! Is it dangerous?" I let out a chuckle.

"No, it's not as dangerous as you think. It's really a more in depth version of karate. Though, there's different stances and attacks then the ones in karate. Thats really all there is to it, well beside the fact that when you're sparing with someone outside you can actually use the wind to your advantage."

She grinned. "Maybe i should take taijutsu classes. It sounds nice, maybe you could teach me!"

I snorted. "Yeah I'd be a terrible teacher. Though im pretty sure my girlfriend could teach you. She's kicked my ass so many times I've lost count." I laughed.

"Girlfriend?" It's weird that her tone was almost accusatory. Was it that surprising?

"Yeah, her name's sarada. She's good at everything. She also takes archery." I said with a smile.

She cleared her throat and the smile she had forced on looked really uncomfortable.
"Heh, i didn't know that... Maybe you should tell me about her?"

I shrugged again. "When the conversation comes to i guess. Anyways we're here."

I opened the door for her and she smiled at me and thanks.

We sat down at a random table. I ordered my favorite thing when i go to a cafe. An ice coffee.

She ordered a regular latte.

She sipped on her drink and stared at me for a second. "So...  Who's this girlfriend of yours? What's she like?" Normally I wouldn't mind talking about sarada, but the look she was giving me was a bit unsettling.

It was a weird smile and frowned mixed together. "Well she's very athletic, she has a good sense of humor, and she's very caring. Not to mention she's really smart." I grinned.

She nodded and her mouth made the shape of an 'o'.

It was awkward for a few minutes until i heard my phone ding. I took it out of my jacket pocket and my face twisted in confusion at the unknown number that had texted me.

I put in my pin and i was taken to the text. My eyes widened.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Do you remember my offer?

  Me
Who is this?

xxx-xxx-xxxx
So you're saying you don't know who this is?

Me
No, not exactly. Unless you wanna tell me who you are, I'll trace your number rn

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Its mr. Smith. Have you thought about my offer?

Me
Oh this is you? What a surprise. And no i haven't thought about your 'offer ' since you sneaked up on me in the
Bathroom. As i told you before i don't want to marry your daughter.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
You're making the wrong choice

Me
If Im making the wrong choice why does it feel right? And how did you get my number?

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Clever bastard aren't you? You'll regret this.

Me
What can you do to me that you think will scare me? And answer my question

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Im giving you a location. Be there by midnight on the dot. If you're not, i guarantee you your little girlfriend won't be safe in your arms for much longer.

My eyes widened as my heart dropped. I felt my throat go dry as i read the message over, and over. I felt sweat start to bead down my forehead. This is not good.

I stood up. Akio-san gave me a weird look. "Boruto? What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Ah... Something came up that i have to take care of. It came on short notice. Im sorry to cut this so short. I already paid for our drinks." I said hastily before i exited the cafe.

I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I have a really bad feeling...
.

.

.

.

See ya in the next one!