043: taking a breather

Sarada

I saw the EMTs rush boruto inside the hospital. Chouchou and i were right behind them.

I saw my mom, and i should be damn glad she was on shift. Her eyes widened she saw boruto then she looked to me. "What happened to him?!" She asked as we started speed walking to the OR.

I sniffed. "I guess he was beat up... Then he was stabbed. The police are doing an investigation..." I said quietly.

She put an arm around my shoulders and rubbed my back in hopes of comforting me.

"It'll be ok sweety. I'll make sure he's in tip top shape when he comes out of there." She smiled genuinely before she went into the OR.

I sighed as chouchou and i sat in one of the waiting room chairs.

Chouchou wrapped a reassuring arm around me.

Nothing at that moment could console me.

~°~°~°~°

Boruto

I let out an aggravated groan as i opened my eyes. I winced at the bright light above me.

I looked around and i found that i was in a hospital room.

I wanted to rip out the IV needle that was in my arm, but i know that would result in something not so good.

I sat up and winced again when i felt a slight pain in my abdomen area. Then it all came back to me.

I lifted up the hospital gown i was wearing and saw a few bandages, some had blood on them.

I sighed when i rolled it back down.

I heard the knob of the door opening. There was many possibilities as to who it could be, i had an idea but it's probably best not to assume, i don't want to be too surprised.

The door opened to reveal Sarada's mom. This would be the second time i ever saw her.

She smiled softly at me. "How're you doing boruto?" She asked. She was holding a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other. I felt bad because she looked really tired. I wonder if she opperated on me...

"Im fine Mrs. Uchiha. My side hurts a bit, and i have a major headache, plus my nose still hurts, but other than that im fine." I say with a grin as i rub the bandage that was on my nose.

She nodded as she checked a few things off on the clipboard. "That's good to hear. You're opperation went surprisingly well, you went into shock a few times due to blood loss, and the only person who had the same blood type as you was sarada, so she gave you blood." My eyes widened.

I was more worried about her than recovering myself right now. "I--is she ok? She's not feeling bad is she?"i asked with a weakness to my voice.

"Trust me, she'll be fine. She did get a bit dizzy due to the transportation of the blood, but she's ok. Thank you for taking care of her for me. She's grown, but she's still my little girl, and i appreciate you looking out for her." She smiled warmly.

Now i don't know who's softer, my mom or ice girl's mom...

I nodded with a smile. "It's no problem. She means everything to me... I wouldn't want it any other way."

She sighed. "Boys like you are a dime a dozen... Well i leave you to get some rest. If you need anything press the button on that remote. It'll call a nurse, or me." She said pointing to the remote that was engraved into the hospital bed. I nodded and thanked her one more time before she left.

I sighed as i trailed deep in my thoughts. My dad is going to find out one way or another... The police know who i am and probably told him already... This is bad.

I guess I'll be asked questions as soon as i get out of this damn hospital... There's probably a mob of reporters just outside the entrance by now.

Worst of all im bored. My wound isn't that fatal, i can't just get out now?

.

.

.

Dammit im so bored!

Maybe i could call shikadai to bring my ps vita... Shit! My phone was in my pants pocket... I wonder who has my clothes...

I was so zoned out that i didn't hear the knob turn and the door open. "Boruto...?" A familiar soft voice asked.

I was snapped out of my thoughts to see sarada. Her face read relief and sadness. I could see tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. I saw my clothes in the arm that w wasn't on the door knob. She rested my stuff on the counter that was in the room and slowly walked over to me. "Are you ok?" She asked as she sat in the chair beside my bed.

I nodded with a grin. "Im ok. But are you ok? I heard you had to give me blood..." I said.

She waved her hand. "That doesn't matter right now. What does is that you're ok. A bunch of reporters are outside... Some came in demanding to ask you questions, but you were resting so chouchou scared them off." She smiled softly.

I snorted. I was right about the reporters. They're probably gonna be there when i get released too. "Hehe... Wait, when do i get out of here? I don't feel like sitting in this bed all day." I said as i laced my fingers behind my head.

"My mom said if you can walk without tearing your stitches, and you don't wince every time you walk then you can go."

I smirked. I stood up and started walking with ease before i felt a sharp pain in my side. I sat back down on the bed. She shook her head in pity of me. "Don't rush it. The latest you'll get out of here is tomorrow morning." I sighed with a nod.

"You think everyone at the school knows by now?" I asked.

She snorted. "This might be all over the state by now, in a few weeks the whole country will probably know about it."

I groaned as i face palmed. "That's exactly what i didn't want to happen..."

.

.

.

.

See ya in the next one!