x || mizuki • mistress

« mizuki x water goddess reader lemon »

YOU HAD JUST accepted your duty as a Land God in a breathtakingly beautiful shrine. It was filled with plum trees that bore wonderfully pink flowers that you adored ever since you got here.

You loved everything about the shrine, including your familiar, Mizuki. From what you learned about him, he was once a lonely familiar, with no mistress to serve.

No one to love.

You didn't know why you decided to agree on being his mistress, but you were sure that you would do your best to make him happy again. He normally looked cheerful almost every second of the day, but you knew that he was slowly being consumed by the hole in his chest, soon devouring him into nothingness.

You were sitting outside, your feet dangling from the floor. You were staring at the plum flowers, watching them bloom one by one.

"You remind me of Lady Yonomori so much," Mizuki said, breaking the silence. You turned to him and gave out a little smile. He sat next to you, admiring the beautiful flowers as well.

"They're really beautiful, Mizuki." You say, your voice full of sincerity. You never understood why Lady Yonomori left this shrine, as well as Mizuki. He was probably the sweetest boy you have ever met.

"I'm glad you like them," he smiled. These kind of situations with him made you blush. He was too adorable with that kind of face.

A thought crossed your mind. Nanami, the Land God of the Mikage Shrine, has asked you to come over. You stood up, but Mizuki got a hold of your leg.

"What's the matter, Mizuki?" You look down, clearly confused.

You could see Mizuki's lips moving, but you couldn't comprehend to what he was saying.

"What?" You asked again, leaning in closer to him. He looked down, his face barely showing any expression.

"Stay..." he whispered, barely audible for you to hear.

"But Lady Nanami wanted to see us," you reasoned, sitting back down again next to Mizuki.

"No, don't leave me."

"I'm not leaving you, Mizuki. I'm simply going to the Migake Shrine to pay Lady Nanami a visit."

"No, stay!" Mizuki cried, pinning you down the floor.

"What the-" you gasp, Mizuki burying his face in your neck, his warm breath sending shivers down your spine.

"Please..." he pleaded, his voice full of need. He squeezed your hand tightly, bringing you closer to him.

"Let me go, Mizuki." You breathed, unable to breathe properly due to the closeness of your familiar.

"No, please... stay with me, Lady (Y/N)."

You sigh, unable to fight back his firm grip on your hands. "Okay, okay. I'll stay with you, Mizuki."

• • •

You weren't sure how you and Mizuki ended up in bed together, with him straddling you, cupping your face with both hands. His face was only a few centimeters away from you, yet oddly, you liked the closeness.

"You look so beautiful, Lady (Y/N)." He whispered, a small smile imprinted on his pale face. He looked at you lovingly, a faint chuckle escaping from his lips.

He planted a soft kiss on your lips, surprising you for the first few seconds, then slowly catching with the drift. You wrapped your arms around his neck, your breathing becoming heavier by the second.