√ || karma • i'm sorry

« karma x reader »

YOU'VE BEEN STAYING at the park after school for quite some time. You sit down, fish out your sketchpad and get comfortable.

You also took notice how the same boy have been accompanying you for quite some time as well. He always sat on the wooden bench in front of you, reading, doing his homework, or just chatting with friends. You didn't pay much attention to him, though, you simply continued sketching the world surrounding you.

•••

Karma was always the first to get out of the room, sprinting his way to the park, in hopes that he'd still catch you drawing or feeding carps. He always wanted to see you, talk to you, even, if only he had enough guts to do so.

He was stuck having to admire you from quite a distance, which he found devastating. He was too much of a wimp to even say 'hi'.

He arrived at the park, running into a different direction when he saw you weren't sitting at the bench. He stopped behind a tree, smiling once he caught a glimpse of your uniform.

There you were, kneeling down next to the carp pond, throwing small pieces of bread to the fishes. Your smile was enough to make his day, alright.

"Nurufufu! What exactly are you doing, Akabane?" A voice giggled from behind. Karma flinched, coming face to face with his Koro-Sensei.

His face turned bright red, embarrassed that his teacher caught him stalking you.

"I can explain," was all he can say. The teacher hushed him, his yellow complexion turning into pink.

"You don't have to, Karma. I believe you're old enough to figure out how to deal with these situations," he says in a wise tone. "How about you walk towards her and maybe start by helping her feed carps?"

"You sure about this, teach?" Karma asks, clearly hesitant to do so. The creature nods, enough to ease the red-haired boy's doubts.

Karma slowly walks next to you, kneeling down. He placed his bag onto the ground, a friendly smile on his face. You stared at him in surprise, calming down once you saw him wearing a uniform from Kunugigaoka Junior High.

Karma waved his hand at her nervously. To his surprise, you waved back - you smiled at him warmly, amused how he instantly became flustered.

You offered the small paper bag filled with bread at the boy, switching gazes between him and the carp pond.

Karma became confused. "You can talk to me, I don't bite!" He smiled. His only response was your smiling face.

Huh? What's with her silence? Karma thought, scratching the back of his head. He shrugged the thought off, busying himself in feeding the carps with you.

It was just like that for a while. The silence between you and the boy. It felt nice having a companion, being alone was actually really sad.

"So, what school do you go to?" Karma asks, determined to break the silence between the two of you. You look at him and smile, returning to feeding the carps after.

This is getting weird. "Why don't you talk to me? I won't hurt you," he says in a friendly tone. He was slowly getting disappointed as well as anxious with how things are going.

Silence.

"That's it," Karma grits his teeth, clenching his fists tightly. "What the hell's wrong with you? Why won't you talk to me?" He snapped, catching the attention of passengers. You didn't bother to look at him, you were too busy watching the carps swim around at the enclosure.

Karma stands up, bolting for the park's exit, leaving you alone, confused. You sighed, pulling out your sketchpad. You gently ripped a page from it, scribbling down a short note for the boy to read. You placed it under his bag, in hopes that he would read it.

•••

k a r m a

Why is she like that? It was so unnerving, watching her ignore me in front of my face.

"Damn, I forgot my bag..." I mumbled, looking back at the park. I sigh as I make my way towards the carp pond, praying that she moved somewhere else.

She's gone, I thought. I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. I suddenly felt guilty for lashing my anger at her awhile ago.

"Guess I'm meant to be a single pringle forever, huh?" I say to myself, slinging the strap of my backpack across my shoulder.

I was about to leave when I felt a gentle tug on the hem of my blouse. I look down to see a small boy, holding a piece of folded paper in his hand.

"I think this belongs to you, Mister!" The boy said with a nervous smile. I shrugged, taking it from the boy's hand anyway.

"Thanks, little man," I grinned, ruffling his hair as I watched him run back to his parents.

Curious, I unfolded the paper to see a beautiful sketch of me sitting underneath the tree. I felt my ears heat up, realizing that she'd been sketching me the whole time yesterday.

I smiled, my eyes landing on a small note at the bottom of the drawing. My heart shattered, my eyes glossing in tears as I read the short message.

I'm sorry if I offended you awhile ago. I'm deaf.