√ || isogai • a solution

« isogai x heartbroken reader »

YOU'D NEVER BEEN this heartbroken before. Your boyfriend, Buta Neru, had dumped you on your sixteenth birthday. How worse can that get?

So here you are, crying your eyes out while your best friend, Isogai Yuuma, continued to give you tissues without a complaint.

"I don't understand, Isogai," you wonder aloud, looking at your red haired friend, his face solemn.

"Am I not enough for him?" You asked, grabbing the tissue from his hand. You continued to sob uncontrollably, your best friend sighed and pulled you into his arms with a smile.

"I think you've got it all wrong, (Y/N)," he casually said, combing the strands of your hair with his fingers.

"You're enough. In fact, a little too enough for him."

You stared at him with a blank expression. "Should I be flattered..?" You mumbled, earning a chuckle from the ikemen.

"Of course!" Isogai replied, wiping your tears off gently. "You are an amazing girl, (Y/N), and if Neru couldn't see that, it's his loss."

"Isogai..." you called, even more tears spilling from your eyes. You were so lucky to have a best friend like him - you didn't even know how you two became friends in the first place.

You and Isogai were complete opposites. The phrase "opposites attract" didn't happen between the two of you - one moment you were strangers from school, and the next he was stuck with you.

You wiped a tear using the back of your hand. "I'm such a lucky girl... having a best friend like you, Isogai. Thank you," you smiled.

Isogai kissed your forehead. "No problem, (Y/N). I'm always here for you,"

Your attention turned to your ringing cellphone. Quickly, you looked to see the caller's name. Your eyes widened, your gaze glued to the caller ID.

Incoming call
•••
Buta-kun ♥

"Is something wrong? You look pale," Isogai asked, scooting next to you. Curious, he looked at the screen - you swore you had seen the ikemen's face turn red in anger. He quickly snatched the phone from your grasp.

"Hey! Give that back, I... I need to talk to him," you yelled, trying to pry off your cellphone from his hands.

"No can do, (Y/N). I must put a stop to this and make things clear." He replied, his brows slightly knitted from irritation.

He pressed the phone against his ear. "Hello?"

"(Y/N)? I need to talk to you,"

"Talk shit, get hit. Bring it on, cocksucker," he spat in anger, looking at your color drained face. You stared at him in horror and in disbelief, wondering if the ikemen had really said that.

"Wait, you aren't (Y/N). Whoever you are, please let me talk to her!"

Isogai scoffed, straightening his posture, regaining his poise. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't let that happen,"

"Why not? I'm her boyfriend, you prick."

"How can you call yourself her boyfriend when you literally dumped her on her birthday? Some boyfriend you are," he shot back.