√ || any character • new year

« any character x reader »

[ this special oneshot is applicable to ANY character! not just anime! enjoy ;) ]

THE NEW YEAR was coming up in a matter of hours, and you didn't share the tiniest ounce of enthusiasm to celebrate with anybody. It was like all of the energy you had inside was emptied with a hyped up vacuum, leaving not even enough motivation to send you downstairs for breakfast.

The reason? Simple. You and (C//character) had the biggest fight on Christmas that night. He/She stormed off without a word, and ever since then, you could barely peel the covers from your body and head off to start the day.

Today was no different. You woke up and still, the heart-eating hole forming in your chest greeted you with grief and dread. You were supposed to spend the holiday together, and you looked forward to it so much. He/She had told you that he/she was going out of the country for college after the holidays. You tried patching things up with him/her before New Year, but every time you tried fixing the tension between the two of you, it just grows stronger, and another fight will just sprout from the previous one.

(C) was always with you to celebrate the holidays along with your family. It even got to the point where it just wasn't the same without him/her. It's been years since the first time you brought him/her over for dinner at your place during Christmas Eve, and ever since then, your family always welcomed him/her warmly every time he/she'd go for a visit.

This time though, you'll have to spend the new year alone. What was even worse was that he/she won't be coming back until he/she finally graduates, and he/she still had (3-6) years left. That meant that if you didn't fix things before he/she flies off to (country), you'll spend the future holidays being eaten alive with grief — unless you'd fix things over chat, which he/she wasn't a big fan of.

10:23 pm

"(Y/N)?" Your mother called from downstairs. "(F/N) is here."

You groaned. "Tell him/her I'm busy!" You yelled back.

The brows on your mother's forehead furrowed. With both hands on her hips, she raced upstairs and opened the door of your bedroom. Flicking on the light and ignoring the state of your room, she gave you a hard stare.

"What's with all those covers?" She asked, peeling them off of your body. "Fold them all up young man/lady, you don't need that much blanket to sulk!"

"Ma, pleaaaase," you whined, "tell him/her I'm doing something."

"You didn't do anything for the past few days," your mother retorted. "Get up. (F/N) is waiting for you downstairs."

"I don't wanna," You replied, curling up into a ball. "I don't feel well."

"Well you're not supposed to spend the New Year like this!" She says, gesturing the state of your room. "Clothes everywhere, socks strewn all over the place — this looks like a pig pen, not a bedroom!"

She looked down to see if her small rant gave a little bit of motivation for you to stand up, but seeing her son/daughter get up to the point where he/she couldn't even get himself/herself out of bed anymore made her worry even more. For once, it had no effect.

Determined, your mother continued, and tried a different approach. "I know that you and (C) aren't okay yet, and I know that it's sad he/she won't be around because of the situation he/she's in. We're sad too." She said, her tone a lot calmer now.