√ || sinichi • miki? [1/2]

« sinichi x cheerful reader »

YOU WERE HEADED towards the school rooftop with a brisk pace. A wide smile was carved on your lips, excited to eat with your boyfriend, Sinichi Izumi.

The two of you started dating not too long ago. It was quite the shocker when people heard about your relationship, considering the fact that many thought that he liked Murano instead of you.

"(Y/N)-san," a familiar voice called behind you. You look back to see Sinichi with a small smile on his face.

You smile as well. "Izumi-kun!" You walk closer to your boyfriend, clutching onto your bento box tighter as you felt a wave of butterflies flutter in your stomach.

"Did you do well on the test earlier?" Sinichi asked with wide eyes. He'd been nagging and reminding you nonstop about the summative test you had to take on Math class earlier, knowing that the topics you had to study for were hard. And knowing you for quite some time, you came off as a slow-learner during your numerous study hours with him at home.

You nodded, giving him your usual bright smile. "It went well," you said, grabbing ahold of his wrist.

"Now, let's go! I can't wait you to taste this Filipino delicacy my mom brought home yesterday," you chirped, impatiently dragging him upstairs at a fast pace, leaving your boyfriend trying to catch up with your speed desperately.

The two of you finally reach the rooftop after a few flights of stairs. It seemed like you didn't lose even an ounce of energy when you got to the top. Your boyfriend, on the other hand, was taking desperate gasps for air a few steps back.

You placed a hand on your hip, your lips shifting into a pout. You look back to Sinichi, who finally managed to catch his breath.

You let out a sigh of disapproval, eyeing him with a sharp look. "You're seriously out of shape,"

Sinichi looked back at you with a small embarrassed smile. He scratched the back of his head, averting his gaze from you.

"Hehe, sorry about that." He replied. You smiled, letting out a chuckle as you sat on one of the nearby benches.

You took out a small bag of chips. The colors of maroon and gold decorated the packaging. Sinichi looked at the foreign snack nestled delicately in between your hands, as if you were holding a priceless artifact.

He examined the bag of chips silently, his eyes skimming over the details as he read the brand name as Filipino as he could.

"...Nova?" He read out loud. You nodded at him in approval.

He looked at you strangely. "You went to the Philippines last week?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

He shook his head silently proceeding to take out his bento box as you indulged yourself on the taste of the foreign snack.

The two of you were silent for a while, enjoying the company of each other accompanied by the gusts of breeze rushing by.

You placed down the bag of chips on your lap with a glum look on your face.

"My mom decided that we should go on our last trip as a family," you said quietly, breaking the barrier of silence between you two. "Then she left."

Sinichi stopped what he was doing and looked at you with wide, apologetic eyes. He looked down to his feet afterwards.

"Gomenasai."

You chuckled in response, brushing off tears that spilled from your eyes with the back of your hand. "I'd like to think that it was the best for us anyway." You replied.

"So, you should also hide nothing from me - even if it involves killing someone. Although that woud be too disturbing for you do."

Sinichi looked pale. "E-Eh? How come?" He asked, his voice slightly nervous.

"Honesty between two people creates a healthy relationship," you replied casually, staring at the blue sky above. "It's a fact."

"Oh, um, right."

You look over to Sinichi, your brows knitting in concern. "Don't you want a good relationship, Sinichi-kun?"

Your boyfriend looked panicked. "I do! I really do," he replied, raising his hands up in defense. "But I guess even our deepest, darkest secrets can make even our own family turn onto us."

"And that scares me the most. To have my own loved ones turn their backs on me." He added.

You leaned closer to him with an accusing look. "Are you hiding something from me?" You ask.

"No," he replied, averting his gaze from yours. "Just trying to be deep."

It went on like that for a while, with you studying his facial expressions as careful as you can be, but to no avail. Maybe Sinichi was just a master of disguise after all.

You sighed and leaned against a wall. "The world sucks right now, don't you think?" You wondered out loud.

"How come?" Sinichi asked.

You smiled and closed your eyes for a brief moment, taking in a gust of fresh air. "You know, about the whole parasites and humans not getting along."

This made your boyfriend alarmed. What if you knew about him being half of a parasite? What would you think about him now?

Sinichi took a deep breath, and stared at you right in the eye. "(Y/N)-san, I have to tell you something,"