√ || ciel • smile

« ciel x maid reader »

Why is ciel so cute oml

OF ALL PLACES you could've worked at, you had to end up in Phantomhive Manor, serving a dull-looking thirteen-year-old boy. Not exactly what you had in mind, but you didn't complain.

You were asked to take the place of Mr. Tanaka, due to the unfortunate series of events that led to the old man's death. This also meant that you had the opportunity to get to know the young master a little more, something that you'd been wanting to do since you had first arrived at the manor.

Sebastian had split up his duties with you, knowing that you'll be a lot more useful around compared to the work Tanaka had to to when he was still around. As far as you knew, he was always missing in action, staying behind and sipping on his teacup. But nonetheless, his history as a butler towards the Phantomhive family was remarkable.

You were on your way towards the young master's study at your usual fast pace. You were asked to bring him his peach panacotta dessert that you had proudly made last night.

You stood in front of the young master's study, clearing your throat a little as you knock on the door gently. A muffled "come in" was your response as you step inside with a small smile.

"Good afternoon, young master," you greeted, bowing down in front of him. You walked closer to his table, placing down the slice of cake next to his small pile of books on the desk.

Ciel stared at the dessert before him, the harmony of the colors distracting him for a while. You stood there awkwardly, staring at the young master's face.

He seems to have snapped back to reality, looking at you with his usual stern look. "You made this?"

You proceeded to look down to your shoes. "Yes, young master." You replied in a casual, monotone voice.

Ciel let out a scoff, taking the fork and digging into the gelatin surface of the cake. He wore his usual frown on his face, closing his eyes as he indulges himself on the dessert.

You took a bow towards the young lad again, in attempt to reach for the tray and go back outside and continue your other duties, but was quickly halted by the dark haired lad.

"I didn't tell you to leave yet, did I?" He snapped, setting down the plate and fork back down to the wooden desk. You look down in response, slightly embarrassed.

"No. I'm sorry, young master." You apologized, taking a bow towards him again. He sighs, pushing aside the plate to the side slightly, placing his hand onto the desk.

"It's quite alright," he replied in a calm tone, closing his eyes. "However, I do want to ask you a tiny favor."

"Anything, young master,"

You swore to yourself that the pale complexion of his cheeks became rosy, accompanied by a flustered expression on his face. It was quite of a sight for you, since he always seemed like he kept his cool at all times.

His azure eye averted it's gaze from you, the young boy's gaze was fixated towards a dusty bookshelf.

"I... I want you to stay with me... for a while," he mumbled, fiddling with his thumbs like an impatient child. Your eyes widened in surprise, but quickly hid the shock with a humble bow.

"Sure thing. What can I do for you?" You ask in a low voice.

Ciel stood up from his seat, walking towards the open window behind him. He crossed his arms and heaved out a sigh.

"Come here, (Y/N)." He commanded, glancing at you with cold eyes. His gaze sent a chill down your spine, making you scurry next to him at a decent distance.

His brows knitted slightly, his gaze fixated towards the view before him. "Closer," he commanded.

You quickly took a huge step closer to the young lad, your cheeks heated up due to the closeness between you two.
Ciel closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking at you with his deep, azure orbs.

"Do you not like it here at the Phantomhive?" He asks in a cool tone. You look at the young master in confusion, clearly sensing something was up.

You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear shyly, your gaze returning towards the clump of nearby trees. 

"I do," you began, "this feels a lot more like home than any place I've ever been." you grinned, making a swift glance towards Ciel's face, calm and composed.

"Then, why do you look so... solemn?"

A soft chuckle escaped your lips. "Solemn? Don't you think that's a bit too exaggerated?" You replied.

Ciel closed his eyes, a small frown forming on his features again, immediately making your smile vanish. He was serious.

You looked down to your hands, feeling the white, silky cloth of the gloves that you wore. You slowly felt the rapid beating of your heart calm down, easing the growing uneasiness inside of you.

"I... I forgot how to be happy, that's all," you replied in a quiet tone, a shiver running down your spine as another rush of wind passed through you.

There was a long pause from the young master. It wasn't long until a smile curled his lips, facing you again.

He grabbed your hand gently, causing your heart to skip a beat, your stomach suddenly doing acrobatic flips all over.

"Don't worry," he says, a hint of softness in his voice.

"We'll all try. After all, you are a part of the Phantomhive Family."

Before you could reply, Ciel pressed his lips against the back of your hand, looking at you with a smirk afterwards.

"Now, run along. Sebastian needs you," he sighed, sitting down to his chair, preparing his quills and ink for later.

You bowed again, still unable to erase the redness of your face. "Y-Yes, young master."

With that, you left, sinking down to the ground with steam coming out of your ears.

Best day ever, I guess.

Lmao so poorly written sorry lol