√ || igarashi • it's a yes, dummy

« igarashi x heartbroken reader »

  YOU HAVE ALWAYS been thankful for having such a wonderful best friend. He had everything in him that would cheer up a heartbroken girl.

f l a s h b a c k

"Do you have any idea why Hideyoshi's absent again?" Kae asked, walking next to you. You sighed, giving her an apologetic smile.

"I wish I did. I haven't heard a single thing from him lately," you replied. It was true; you and your boyfriend haven't been in touch for quite a while. Assumptions and conclusions flooded your mind, making you grip the strap of your bag tightly.

"That's really sad to hear. I hope the two of you would fix things sooner," she smiled, giving you a small ray of hope to believe in. You envied her optimism a lot, as well as the look of hope in her eyes. She always looked like she was sure in everything she does.

"Bye, Serinuma! Take care," you waved at her, watching as the purple-haired girl slowly disappear from your vision.

You face turned to see the apartment complex you were living in. You sighed, trudging upstairs with a glum expression.

"I'm home..." you say to yourself, kicking your shoes off as you throw your bag across the room. You plunge into the hard couch, pulling out your phone.

"Studying can wait for a while..." you mumbled, tapping at the chat messages you and Hideyoshi had.

It looks like he won't be planning to talk to me anytime soon. What if I stop by his house?

You stood back up and ran outside, having made your decision. Hideyoshi's house wasn't far from yours.

If he's not going to show himself, then I'll just have to go with other options.

You stop at your boyfriend's house, barging in with no hesitation at all. You didn't care if his mother was there or not. You know that she knows what's going on between the two of you, and she's not going to try and stop you from fixing things.

You quietly ran upstairs to his room, crossing your fingers as you quickly come face to face with another girl.

You took a step back, taking a look at the person in front of you. She had a lovely figure, blessed at the chest area along with a pretty face.

You knew that he had another girl.

You made a quick bow, choosing to run away instead of confront your boyfriend. You know that things might turn ugly if you did so.

You bolted for the door, not even bothering to close it. Tears fell from your eyes, blurring your vision. People were passing by as you bump into them one by one, avoiding to look at their faces.

A hand lay a firm grasp on your wrist, pulling you back. You gasped, squirming from the person's grasp. You were about to scream when you heard that familiar voice.

"It's me, Igarashi."

•••

He had been nothing but helpful towards you. He kept you smiling for the rest of the day with his jokes, sometimes, his presence alone.

The two of you were pigging in front of an ice cream stall, with him letting you eat all you want until you became satisfied. Of course you were a little shy at first, but remembering that he was your best friend, you threw your ladylike facade and started pigging away.

Your best friend chuckled. "You might want to take your time and sit down," Igarashi said, gesturing towards an unoccupied bench right next to the stall.

"I hope you're a man of your word when you said I can eat as much ice cream as I want," you say through a full mouth full of cold, creamy goodness.

"I am a man of my word. Just have fun and eat," he says in a reassuring tone. You giggled, squealing like a little child.

A moment of silence reigned on the both of you, with your tummy already complaining about all the ice cream you fed yourself. Igarashi stared at the afternoon sky with a small smile.

"Say, (Y/N)," Igarashi quietly said, catching your attention. "Once you moved on from Hideyoshi, what are you gonna do next?"

You were caught off guard by his question - what are you gonna do after you moved on from him?

"Well, I guess it'd just be back to my normal life." You replied.

"I see. Do you plan on getting another boyfriend?" He asked, catching a glimpse of your flustered face.

"It'd be nice to have one again. Although I don't know if I can love a guy the same way before... after what happened with Hideyoshi," you mumble to yourself, looking at the empty cup in your hands.

Igarashi turned his gaze back onto the sky, scooting closer to you in the most discreet way possible.

"Do you wanna know why my favorite color is (E/C)?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Sure,"

The black haired boy looked at you from the corner of his eye, a smile slowly tugging his lips.

"Because it's the color of your eyes."

You could feel your face and ears heat up, turning into a ripe pomegranate by now. You looked down, unsure how to do things from this point.

"Is that... so?" You asked, twirling a small strand of hair around your finger, making small glances towards your best friend.

He sure is acting weird, you thought.

You turned to him, your cheeks still flaming. "Um, if you have to say something to me, now's the best chance to do it, Igarashi."

"Eh? Um, are you... sure? I mean, it's kinda sudden and all, so-"

"No. If you wanna ask me something, ask me now," you look down, your hands forming into fists. You watched as your knuckles turn into white, unable to tell what's gonna happen next.

"Well, if that's the case," Igarashi began, turning to face you. He grabbed ahold of your hand, squeezing it gently in between his.

"Would you like to go out with me?"

You didn't flinch towards his words. Instead, you placed your other hand ontop of his.

You remained silent, leaving your best friend anxious about the whole situation.

"Um, is that a yes or a-"

"It's a yes, dummy." You interrupted, facing him with a small smile. In an instant, you had already became the luckiest girl in the world.

Insert Le lazy outro*