√ || claude • what if i told you i love you? [2/2]

« claude x HCM diagnosed reader »

SOFT. THAT'S WHAT his lips felt like. It was warm and kissable, giving me an insane urge to close the small gap between our lips one more time, if he hadn't pulled away already and began to look at me for a response.

My heart was racing. It felt as if I had just finished a long marathon, and the adrenaline was still very much present. The funny feeling in my stomach just from being around him now feels much worse, like I was about to be sick. I never really felt this way after a kiss before — not this intense, at least.

I could still hear the beats of my heart all the way up to my ears from the rush, leaving me completely motionless and out of breath from our kiss. It wasn't a long one, but he snogged me at the wrong moment.

I let a chuckle leave my mouth, silently yearning for Claude's lips one more time. The sensation was so foreign to me, making me so keen into experiencing it again.

"Sorry, I suck at kissing." I said, flashing him a sheepish smile. I wanted to know more about it — feel it up to the highest intensity so the spark of electricity could fill me up to the brim.

Claude's unnerved expression turned into a calm one, leaving a soft sigh of relief lingering around us. The night's silence was strong and consistent, like the crickets chirping not too far away from our building. It was scary to be out during this time of the night if it weren't for Claude. I felt safe around him.

"You weren't bad," he replied, his lips stretching into a small smile as he approached the balcony again. "Was that your first kiss?"

"Second, actually," you said, walking towards his side, your drink still in hand. It had created a small puddle from the condensation, and you regretted wearing socks.

"My first was from a guy in high school. You?"

The dark-haired man gave me a small glance before returning his gaze towards the dark urban scenery before him, and shrugged. "I've kissed a few girls here and there,"

"My first was from a bartender in Puerto Rico when I was nineteen."

I couldn't help but laugh at what he said. "That's actually interesting. Though it's kinda weird to have your first kiss from a foreigner."

He smiled. "You bet."

Silence reigned. The sound of insects chirping about surfaced back to a loud volume, although it didn't stop the awkward atmosphere between the two of us. Kissing made it harder to talk to him comfortably, which frustrated me a lot since it felt as if all of my progress in working up my social skills with him went back to zero.

"Look," Claude spoke, lacking it's usual monotone sound. He pointed towards the dark sky filled with stars.

My eyes slowly widened at the sight of the vast, vivid, monochromatic heavens. "Why haven't I seen this before?" You whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

"One day someone will look at you the way you look at the stars," Claude mumbled, giving you a quick glance. "That's what my ma always tell me after a breakup. It always made me feel better hearing that from her."

"It was like magic." He added. His face looked calm, and peaceful. It was like he was lying down on a patch of grass and flowers during a warm day in spring. I've never seen him like this.

"Your mom must be special to you, then." I commented in a soft voice.

"She is," he replied, "very."

"What you said earlier," I began after a short moment of silence. "Was it true?"

My companion looked surprised for a moment, as if he couldn't believe I was asking that to him. "Yeah. Why'd you ask?"

I shrugged, looking back at the dark horizon. "I don't know. I never really expected you to like me. I mean, I'm a pathetic girl."

"I didn't say I like you," he replied with a frown. "I said I love you. Those are two different things."

"Isn't a little too early? I mean, we haven't started dating yet." I said gingerly, careful to not provoke any tension between us.

"Like is too shallow to describe my feelings," he said, giving you a warm stare afterwards. "Anyways, do you wanna start dating?"

I remained silent in shock. How could someone ask that so casually, as if it was the most natural thing in the world? Hell, I can't even ask him directions to the nearest bar to get wasted! It was so frustrating how he has so much confidence in himself.

I could hear my pulse all throughout my body up to the tips of my toes. His sudden question made me feel pressured on answering. He was staring at me, I could feel it — he was waiting for an answer, and the silence made things much more unbearable to ponder.

"I..." I uttered, hesitant to say something. I liked Claude a lot, and it had gotten up to the point where I'd gladly follow him around wearing a Victoria's Secret lingerie underneath a spacesuit just because. I've fantasized him asking me to be his girlfriend much more than I'd like to admit, and this moment where I am right now — this would be a dream come true for me, but why do I feel as if it was so sudden?

After a long time of thinking, I let out a sigh, and smiled. "I wanna give it a try."

Claude chuckled, waking up the butterflies in my stomach. It was a gentle flutter, until I felt his fingers lift my chin up slightly, my lips meeting his once again. The funny feeling in my stomach was nauseating, and my mind felt like mush, but my heart was at a worse state. It was beating so fast I felt scared for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Our lips met another bittersweet parting, and the sensation of longing for it's warmth began to intensify not long after the thirst it felt got quenched.

He was staring back at the stars, and he looked at them in a way as if he was reminiscing something. He breathed a soft, contented sigh, and looked at me with his purple eyes.

I held a hand above my chest, and felt the beats of my heart remain fast. I felt something deep within, something that was once so strong it engulfed my senses during moments that I couldn't get rid of in my mind even after all these years. It was distinct — it had became so foreign to me it took me a few moments to remember what the feeling actually was.

For the second time, I fell in love.

[ a/n ; READ THIS FOR THE HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT.

HOLY SHIIIIIITAKE I DID IT

AFTER LIKE A FUCKING MONTH

alright, all jokes aside, what i wanted to tell you guys is that

there will be part 3 HAHAHAJSHSKAJSM

the reason for this is that we recently hit 20k! i rlly couldn't believe it since i thought i had this wattpad curse where everything i write won't get any reads like wtfff

and because i'm a people pleaser (yes i am now u know) i wanted to give you the second part AND a finale for this oneshot as a gift, because the amount of reads and support i get is overwhelming. this is the first time where i felt as if my passion got put to good use, and it makes me so fucking happy that people read my work. like legit i started clapping like a seal when i saw it kausnwsbs

soooo, stay tuned for part threeeee! :D

as always, love you guys <3]