√ || any character ● dances in the kitchen at 2 am

« any character x reader »

[ please never fall in love again ; ollie mn (cover by ellian) ]

2 AM

"(C) I CAN'T sleep," you whisper through tired blinks and into the ear of your significant other. The response from him/her were the hairs on their neck, shrieking as a shiver ran down their spine that surely moved them back to a drowsy state of consciousness. However, it was not stubborn enough to provoke at least a retort.

You tried nagging his/her shoulder as a slightly desperate alternative. It was clear that (C) was awake — he/she just didn't give a shit and wanted to go back to sleep. "(C)," you whined, a little louder this time, "pleaaaase."

Your lover uttered an irritated 'tsk' and turned slightly so that he/she could see you from the corner of his/her eyes and have a glimpse of the shitty smile you had on your face. There was no helping it, he/she thought with a sigh. You weren't going to stop making a racket until you had things in favor of your way like the bratty boy/girl you are, but he/she wasn't going to complain; it was annoying, but he/she loved you so much it pained him/her to ignore your requests, childish or not.

"Let's eat, I'm hungry." you said, already slipping on your slippers at the edge of the bed you two shared. (C) had managed to win the daily round of tug-of-war with himself/herself and already started to get up as well in a peaceful pace if it weren't for you yanking both his/her wrists and dragging him/her downstairs like an overly-excited child.

(C) was bound to wake up a few hours from now to start work. He/She should be sleeping, even if it didn't satisfy his/her body with how shitty it was for he/she knew all too well he'd/she'd screw up big time shoving coffee down his/her throat like water and walk around the area with a barely-functioning brain. You had work too, but who needs sleep? Fuck your boss and coworkers if they turn into assholes.

You walked towards the switch and flicked it open, and lights hanging from above lit up the kitchen, causing both of you to flinch. Smiling, you hopped towards the fridge, fishing out some leftover (F/F) inside a tupperware casing. You slid it against the counter and into the hands of (C), who seemed to lighten up as soon as his/her eyes landed on the food before him/her.

He/She smiled. "Sweet. I thought you ate it all, (Y/N)," he/she says to you in a quiet voice. "I waited for this the whole day, too. Glad I could still eat some, hehe."

"Geez, I'm not a pig," you replied. "I saved it for this moment, y'know. I missed times like these."

When was the last time you two hung out like this? Probably ages ago. You and (C) were adults now, both working and married, so it was definitely different compared to when you two were still in high school. You secretly missed your midnight hour trips to the convenience store and chugging down some Capri Sun, crying and laughing at the same time at the stupidest things. A relationship that required lifetime commitment was everyone's (excluding bitter people, obviously) dream; having to earn money to manage living together in one roof just crashed the cruise of romantic concepts. Babies too, if things got broken by accident.

"And to top this fancy dinner—" you said, the unholy amount sarcasm causing (C) to smile and chuckle. Grabbing your phone, you went to one of your favorite playlists and tapped on a song, "—we shall have an exclusive ballroom dancing whilst enjoying the feeling kitchen tiles on our bare feet. Please grab a partner and ask them for a slow, super romantic dance that may or may not end up the girl/boy miraculously with eight babies the next morning."