√ || nanami kotarou • hangovers and coffee

nanami kotarou x reader
anime | tantei gakuen q

TODAY WAS A good day, thought Nanami to himself as he walks over to his coffee table to fetch the remote, turning the TV on after settling into his couch. With a bowl of takeout ramen for dinner resting easily on his lap, he folded out the newspaper he bought on his way to work this morning, smoothened its wrinkly pages, and began to read. His eyes skimmed across titles of various articles, trying to find something that could pique his interest.

"Another murder? Sheesh," he muttered to himself, shaking his head in disappointment after reading an excerpt of a gruesome murder taking place inside of a public bathroom stall. It's what he sees every time he watches the news, or read the latest issues of something informative. The news needs to broadcast something more lighthearted. Maybe about smiling stingrays, he thought to himself.

The sound of the doorbell being rung immediately caught his attention, and was already at the door a few seconds later. He squinted his eyes towards the small peephole in his door, and saw his student, (L/N) (Y/N).

He opened the door to greet the girl. However, something was not right. (Y/N), for one, was heavily intoxicated. She was swaying so much she looked as if the slightest nudge would send her lying on the ground. Her eyes looked red and sore too, implying that she'd been crying not too long before she got to Nanami's house.

"(L/N)-san?" The male called worriedly, opening the door and escorting her inside afterwards. He plopped her limp body across his couch, and closed the door, not sure of what to do next.

He scooted over to the other side of the couch, taking a seat. "Are you alright? What happened?" 

"Senseeeeei!" (Y/N) squealed, giggling afterwards. She pointed towards a purplish bruise on cheek with a huge grin. "Sensei look, it's a hickey on my cheek! Isn't that amazing?"

"No, it's definitely not," he replied, visibly puzzled. He had a lot of questions in his mind, but that can be answered later, when his student has regained proper consciousness.

He sighed deeply. "Let's get you fixed. You look like a mess."

***

9:32 AM

(Y/N) woke up feeling immensely sick. She quickly made her way towards the bathroom and produced the World's Disgusting Sound of Retching in the toilet her teacher had polished to perfection last night before going to bed, that was now, well, dirty. It smelled of puke, too.

Nanami emerged from his animated kitchen, stirring up what seems to be hangover food. He walked towards the bathroom where his poor student was hunched over to his toilet, throwing up last night's euphoria quite miserably. Ironic. 

"Good morning," he smiled, walking next to the girl and held her hair back from her face. "Well, I guess not so much good for you, given the situation you're in, but still. You okay now?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) replied, throwing up right after. The teacher chuckled, and simply waited until her system had taken out all of its misery. He told her to take a shower afterwards, since she didn't last night because he was sure she couldn't even turn on the shower without losing consciousness. He had to sleep on the couch to ensure his student's comfort. (Although the couch smelled of alcohol, too.)

Nanami brought her a pair of his clothes, which fitted very well on his student, might he add in, brushed her hair afterwards before going to the kitchen to have breakfast.

(Y/N) was given a mug with green tea. "Thank you, sensei," she sheepishly said, taking little sips to help calm down her fatigue. 

"I'm also sorry for showing up like that last night."

Nanami took a seat on the other side of the table, coffee in hand. "It's all good," he said, "but I need to ask you some questions."

(Y/N) slightly frowned, anxious. "Okay."

The brown-haired man set down his mug on the table and went silent for a few seconds, wondering how he could bring up the topic without ruining the cozy atmosphere. "What happened to you last night? You were drunk, and it was clear you were crying before you got here."

The girl squirmed in her seat. Not only was she uncomfortable, but last night's events were all one, big carousel of nonsense. All she could rack from her brain were the happenings when she was still sober, and she clearly didn't want to talk about it again, much less think of it. 

"It's a long story."

"We have all day, fortunately," said the teacher, taking another sip from his steaming mug. "Good thing it's Saturday. You and I would've been in big trouble had you come drunk and crying on a Thursday evening."

"Sorry," she said again. "Something bad kinda happened back at home, so I went drinking. I can't remember anything else after I took a shot."

"And the bruise?" He asked.

"I don't really remember."

"I see," Nanami nodded thoughtfully. "I won't press any further, but try to fix things with your parents. If it doesn't work, I can schedule an appointment with them to help."

(Y/N) gave him a small, thankful smile. "Thank you, sensei," 

He leaned forward to give a light peck on her forehead, soothing her bruise tenderly afterwards. For a moment, he felt at peace; touching her face and tracing every delicate feature she has, seeing the warm, yellowy sunlight illuminate her (E/C)-eyes like it was some sort of special effects for a movie--and she'd be the star. She had every right to be.

Nanami loved her, and she loved him back. They both knew that the feelings they harbored for each other were forbidden no matter what dimension and planet they'd go to. Society was inescapable, so they kept all their desires to themselves, only showing it to each other through a mere act of kissing and hugging. It never went further than that.

Needless to say, they were both scared. Scared of the fragility of the bond they had, so they never said anything about it. With every night they spend huddling on the couch, they pray. Wishing nothing else, but more time. 

[ a/n ; requested by TaylorGriffith879. sorry for the long wait, i hope you enjoyed! :> ]