√ || ciel & alois • a maiden's heart [1/3]

« ciel x reader x alois »

OVER THE COURSE of (Y/A) years, your life has been quite the storm ever since two young earls walked in and swept you off your feet before the clock struck twelve. Two young earls asked for a dance after the other, as if they couldn't get enough of you for the night.

They saw you as a flower in full bloom in the middle of fall - easy to disappear, fragile. They did their best to keep you around them, and far away from the other. It was a tug of war between your affection. People would often envy your situation, but you found it rather exhausting. It was one date after another, and your days seemed to consist of travelling to places back and forth.

Your mother was a lonely woman, and she would often bring you along wherever she went when you were young. She wandered around your mansion frequently, tweaking and fixing little things along the way where she would pass by. But it was clear she enjoyed being outside of the house, and often paid her friends a visit until it was time for supper.

It moved you to pity, seeing your mother so desperate that she would do anything to avoid being home at all costs. It was just a lonely house with a small family that never really saw each other between walls and walls of rooms. Everyone had their own small, little sad world.

It was just another day of visiting other people's houses, and as always, you were with your mother. She then stopped at a house where you haven't been inside before. You recognized it as the Phantomhive manor, but you never thought your mother would be friends with their family.

As far as you knew, the couple had a son about your age. It didn't excite you that much, since it was a boy, but still - it was nice seeing someone who shares the same interests in talking. There, you met Ciel Phantomhive. He was your average happy child who loved smiling and as expected, playing with toys, given his family's business.

He was an interesting boy - and the two of you grew close fast. You had developed a tight bond that even after he was met with such a heartbreaking tragedy, he still kept you around, unlike most of the people he knew. Maybe he knew too that if you had lost him, you would be as lonely as he was.

You loved his company. It saddened you a lot when you saw how hard things have been for him. A lot has changed - from his voice that always had a cold shard to it to the way he looked at everything with so much hatred, he was a different person. He was not the same Ciel.

At first, you were a little hesitant on talking to him, as you were afraid of breaking his calm persona and send him throwing a huge fit around the house. But when you saw him off guard - you could see how much he was hurting. You could hear the silent cries he forced his voice to suppress so no one could hear it. You could see a sad person behind it all. It caused you to man up, and be there for him. It didn't take long until you felt as if nothing had changed, and you still acted the same around him, which, the young lad was thankful for.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," he suddenly said during a quiet game of chess. "Honestly, it's getting annoying being treated so fragile. I hate it. It makes me feel weak. Thank you for treating me the same way even after..."

Your shoulders dropped. Hearing his voice falter like that crushed your heart.

Realizing what he's doing, he shook his head, snapping himself to reality. His expression turned cold once more, and regained his posture quickly.

"Never mind that," he sighed, "let's continue playing, shall we?"

You gave Ciel a thin smile. "Sure."

Then the inevitable happened: you caught feelings for the young lad. Everything about him - from his fragility to his pathetic attempts to sound alright and continue his life made you admire him for his strength. He was so convincing, you would've believed his words about his well-being if you didn't have a single clue.

Then one day, you stupidly decided to confess. Now, you were aware of the state he was in, and it was hard to tell what would happen if you let the cat out of the bag. You were afraid of him getting angry and shutting you out as well, but you still had small hopes of him smiling and taking your hand and confessing his undying love for you and boom - kids.

You blurted it out during a nice, peaceful moment during teatime. He froze, not moving a single muscle as he tried processing your sudden words all at once. His silence made it unbearable. Mortified, you stood up and ran out of the manor, and never paid another visit after that. That was it - you had lost your one and only friend because of that.

Now that you've stopped visiting him, your mother started bringing you to parties again. She was more than happy to do so, since it got pretty lonely during her time riding in the carriage to get to places. You weren't completely against it, but it beats staying inside a hollow house.

At first you didn't expect anyone to come up and ask for a dance, since the party was full of adults and no one would certainly want to be seen dancing with a lady as young as dawn, so it surprised you when a tall, blonde lad appeared from the crowd and asked for one.

"Excuse me miss," he said, calling your attention. "May I have this dance?"

Phew, you thought. Dancing with someone was much better than standing around, looking like an idiot. You gladly took his hand, and shuffled gracefully onto the dance floor.

"It's not often I see a lady alone in a party," he smiled, staring straight into your eyes with such confidence.

"May I ask why?"

The thought of him waiting for an answer makes you feel uneasy. You could feel yourself turning beet red the more you realized his eyes were transfixed on you.

"Well," you looked away, trying not to make eye contact with the lad. "My mother needed some company."

The young man's lips stretched into an amused smile. "But it seems to me that you're the one who needed it. Am I right?"

You chuckled. "I guess so."

You twirled around as he extended out his arm in perfect sync. It was like the two of you knew what was going to happen next, which made you feel strangely giddy.

"My name's Alois," he said in a quiet voice, as if he didn't want anyone around to hear him. "What's yours, love?"

"I'm (Y/N)," you replied, feeling your heart rate increase as you saw another smile paint his lips.

Excitement coursed through your veins, slowly easing the anxiety of messing things up with Alois. It was like you had forgotten all of the embarrassing scenarios you had in your head, and the thrill of dancing began to quickly work it's effect.

For the first time, you were enjoying in a party. Alois was with you for the rest of the night, which relieved your mother's worries about the frequent gloomy expression you held most of the time.

He was fun to talk to, and he told you the funniest jokes and stories about the other parties he went to. Just by a glance at him, it was clear that the lad was the opposite of Ciel. He always wore a small frown, and his lips were always in it's neutral state, unlike Alois, who was wreathed in smiles. It was like he never ran out of them.

"It's been a fun time, Alois," you say to him as you stood outside of your carriage. "Thank you for that."

You motioned for the ride's door, when you felt a hand grip your wrist gently. You look at Alois in curiosity.

"We'll see each other again, (Y/N)," he reassured, letting your wrist go afterwards.

"You'll never have to be lonely anymore."

[ a/n ; kekekekekeke ]