√ || yukine • what am i to you?

You fell down onto the soft, messy mattress with a tired smile. Trying to catch your breath, Yukine wrapped his arms around your naked body and pecked on your forehead tenderly.

This made your heart race. "You were amazing, Yuki-kun," you said. "Like, really amazing."

Yukine blushed as a response, he scratched his cheek coyly, averting his gaze from you with a shy smile that you found adorable.

"You just looked so cute that I couldn't help it." He replied, chuckling afterwards.

There was a silent pause for a while, the room echoed with tired pants as the two of you tried to catch your breaths from earlier.

You looked into Yukine's eyes again, feeling another strong wave of butterflies roar in your stomach as he stared back.

"Ne, Yukine-kun," you call out to the lad, who hummed in response.

"What am I to you?"

Yukine's eyes slowly widened at your question. His gaze began darting from one place to another with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Um, well, what you are to me?" He asked again.

You nodded, feeling worried at how he acted towards your question. "Yeah. What am I to you?"

He sat up from bed and scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I..." he started, but trailed off as he continued to avoid your eyes.

He placed a hand on his arm and looked down. With a low voice, he said, "I don't really know."

You could feel your heart crack at his response. The sting of tears emerged, and you knew you had to get out of his apartment as soon as possible.

You stood up quietly. "I see," you said, walking away with your clothes as you began to change. A tear slipped from your eyes, and the urge to sob surfaced. But you didn't want him to know that you were crying. That'd be a shame.

A part of you wanted him to stop you from leaving, or clear what he said and make it up to you or something. But he just sat there, looking at his own hands that rested against his lap in a lifeless manner. He was just going to let you go.

"Goodbye then." You said, your voice barely above a whisper. You opened the door and walked out, not daring to look back even once.

[ a/n ; sorry I couldn't really upload anything for the last couple of days lol. i've been very busy in school lately, and the contests i join require a lot of training (general science has a lot of branches lol). but yeah, as soon as i'm done, i'll be sure to update more. baibai~]