√ || yusuke • a long time

« yusuke x reader »

IT'S BEEN MONTHS since you last heard from Yusuke. He had disappeared with no traces left for you to think of, leaving you completely clueless.

For the first few days you thought that he was just skipping school again like he used to. Then the days turned into weeks, then into months. You asked his mother the reason for his absence for a very long time, but she said she had no idea what you were talking about.

You tried calling him for the last time before you truly let him do whatever he wanted. You'd make a voicemail that contained every ounce of anger you felt. Hell, you could write a novel about how lonely you felt without him by your side.

"... please leave a voice message for 'him ♥' once you hear a beep. We'll let you notify when the said receiver has received your voicemail."

beep.

You sighed, breathing in and out deeply, preparing yourself to end things with the person you had called your home, and the same person who had shattered your heart into oblivion.

"Yusuke, this is for you." You whispered huskily, tears starting to form in your eyes.

"You had just left me alone in this shitball of a world. You left me homeless, a hollow shell wherein a living being was previously living in it. You had shattered a huge, life-eating hole in my chest, and I can't even seem to reach the very person who can fix it. It's you, Yusuke, I need you. But you're gone, aren't you? I may not know where the hell you are right now, but maybe, you're better off there without me," you scoff, your body trembling slightly.

"To tell you the truth, Yusuke, for all those months, those painful five months without you, I still had my pathetic hopes up. I always told myself that you would come back to me, and then I would be home again. Then I wouldn't have to go home to a lonely house anymore. I wouldn't have to sit alone in the cafeteria, being bombarded with questions by students and teachers who've come looking for you. Can't you see Yusuke? You've left so many people that loves you behind. You just leave them hanging with their hopes up, just because you can!" You yell, unable to breathe properly.

"You're such a douche... you're such a fucking douche," you mumble into the other end of the phone, wiping tears from your eyes.

"You crushed me. I gave you my heart and you leave it alone until it rots away until it's no more. You're a cruel, heartless person, Urameshi."

"So yeah... it's up to you if you want to return or not. I'm not holding you back or anything, you're free to choose between those options. I guess that's all I have to say," you said, feeling your bottled anger slowly drain away from you, yet, the immense sadness you feel remain.

"I miss you. Good bye, Urameshi." With that, you shut your phone and can't help but feel so betrayed.

•••

It had been two weeks since you had sent that voicemail to Yusuke, who would probably not even bother to listen to it. You slowly start to move on from the jerk who had stolen your heart and thrown it away at the same time.

Classes were over, you went to the school rooftop to finish filling up the attendance sheet your classmate lent awhile ago.

Your eyes skimmed across the names of your classmates, checking to see if you had forgotten someone.

Your eyes stop at a small blank square, with the class number 34.

Urameshi, Yusuke.