Sick

Ava

"Ready to see grandma and grandpa?" i put Dodge in his car seat and he nods. "What's wrong? You're usually excited!" I say.

Damon comes up behind me. "Here Buddy" Damon hands him his sippy cup, but Dodge puts his hand out. "Ok Buddy. You've been acting weird since last night. What's wrong? You can talk to us"

He shakes his head and yawns, closing his eyes.

I look at Damon. "Damon..." I get scared.

"I-I know... maybe Ryder and Jade can get him to drink and eat" Damon gets in the drivers seat and I get in the passengers.

He speeds to mom and dads and they immediately walk out. "Where's my little munchkin?!" mom runs to us as I pick up sleeping Dodge.

"Can you keep an eye out on him and force him to eat and drink? He's been refusing and refusing, especially to sleep. He had to sleep with Damon and I last night" I make aware.

Mom and Ryder hum. "What's wrong?" dad asks.

"We don't know... he made me sleep in his room the day Whiskey spent the night here" Damon walks up. "Just... keep an eye out" he kisses Dodge's head.

Mom and dad nod and take Dodge. "You two have fun at school!" mom says enthusiastically.

We groan and they laugh.

We get back in the Lamborghini and speed to school.

I hold Damons free hand and sigh. "I'm so worried about Dodge..." I frown.

Damon clenches his jaw. "I know, me too..."

"How was he when you had him?" I ask.

"Terrified... so I kept him with me at all times because of how scared he was. Didn't ear or drink... He didn't want to go to the bathroom but when I forced him to, I had to stay with him. He wouldn't let me leave him so I had to sleep with him" he explains.

I frown. "I think he's too traumatized to be alone... when we were kidnapped, he peed himself, he was tranquilized... when we woke up in the warehouse, they held him up by his hair and beat him" I hold back my tears.

We pull into the school and once Damon parks, he sits up in his seat and kisses my temple before hugging me. "I-I'm so sorry... yea... he must be freaked out that that would happen again" he says.

He rubs my back then pulls back. "He won't even eat or drink! I don't know why he wouldn't do that... I understand him not wanting to be alone, but not eating or drinking?" I ask.

"I don't know... he's a kid... he can act this way for no reason" he sighs and I frown. "Let's just get school over with, we can FaceTime your dad at lunch to see how our son's doing"

I nod and we get out of the car and walk into school.

"Hey bitches" Felix, the guys and Natalie run up to us.

"How's Dodge?" Hunter asks and I frown.

Damon puts his hand on my back. "I'll tell you later" Damon says and they nod.