Chapter 5

~~

"Do you need more money?" Emir asked her as soon as they arrived back at home.
"No... And by the way, wait." Zeynep told him, going to the kitchen. She came back with the full of money envelope.
"Take it back, I didn't even use a penny."
"Why? How did you pass the week?" He turned his head to the side, eyeing her full of curiosity. And maybe admiration.
"I managed. Take it back, please." Placing it into his palm, she turned around to head to the living room.
"I can't take it back." Emir denied. "Keep the money in case you need something." He placed it back on the table. "I have to go now, I'm running late."
Zeynep nodded her head, sitting back on the couch. She took a look at him as he was standing with his back on her. He was wearing a dark blue long coat, looking even more handsome than usual.
"Emir..." She trailed. "Thank you for tonight." She stood up and walked to him.
"No problem." He smirked, his gaze full of lust.
"No, not that..." She shook her head. "For everything else, I mean." Her palms touched his chest softly while she roamed her eyes down his body.
"Uhuh..." His fingers touched a strand of her hair and then moved downwards, resting against her neckline. "Goodnight, little one."
"Goodnight." She slightly smiled.

"Asu?"
"Say it, Tufan."
"Emir just left Zeynep's place." Tufan informed her, sitted in his car.
"Finally! I can't believe what he's doing. It will only cause problems..."
"So you're saying...?"
"Do what we agreed, Tufan. This needs to end." Asu ordered him, hanging up.
She had decided to take action on her own since Emir wasn't willing to cooperate. She wanted Kemal for herself so the only way to keep him and Nihan separated was to show them who was Ozan's killer, aka Zeynep.

A flash drive with the video arrived at Nihan's house in the early morning. It contained the video where Zeynep was choking Ozan and her current address. Asu knew very well what she was doing. She chose to sent it after she was sure that Emir had already left for the company.
Nihan saw the video in her room. Her eyes filled with tears as she kept herself to not scream out loud. Seeing the address, she quickly got ready and left the house.
Zeynep was enjoying the morning air in her patio. Her hand was on her belly, talking to her baby.
"What will you be, I wonder... A baby girl or a baby boy, huh?" She smiled, her palm caressing it. "It doesn't matter, anyway... You are my miracle... A child from the man I love..." She sighed. "Show me a way, God... What shall I do?"
In the moment her doorbell rang. Who can it be? Emir has keys, she thought.
Taking a look from the peephole she saw Nihan. What is going on?
"OPEN THE DOOR! I KNOW YOU ARE INSIDE, OPEN IT!" Nihan yelled, banging the door with her fists.
Zeynep couldn't understand anything. What if it was a mistake? She hesitantly opened.
"KILLER!" Nihan screamed, pushing her back inside. "YOU KILLED MY BROTHER, YOU KILLED HIM!"
Zeynep widened her eyes in a shock. How did she find out? What is going on?
"I WILL KILL YOU, I WILL!" Nihan grabbed her hair and dragged her along the living room, throwing her on the couch.
"Nihan-"
"SHUP UP! KILLER, YOU ARE A KILLER! YOU CHOKED MY POOR BROTHER!" A strong slap fell against Zeynep's cheek.
"Don't, please don't..." She begged but Nihan pushed her off the couch in a blink. Zeynep felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. "Ah! Stop, stop... I am pregnant, stop!" She managed to shout, curling like a ball on the floor from pain.
Nihan froze, blinking her eyes repeatedly. She was trying to comprehend what she heard. "What did you say?"
"I am pregnant... Please, don't hurt my baby... They're all I have..."
"Shut up! Shut up! Allah!" Nihan rubbed her palms oh her face, unable to believe what was happening.
"POLICE!" Three policemen entered the house since the door was left opened. Hakan was leading, seeing Zeynep on the floor and Nihan standing above her.
"Zeynep..." He ran on her quickly, helping her stand.
"Careful Hakan... The baby..." She trailed, holding onto him tightly.
Before Hakan managed to stutter a word, Nihan started shouting again.
"She killed my brother! She did it! Arrest her!"
"That's why we are here... We got a video..." Hakan explained, looking into Zeynep's face. A few tears were rolling down her cheeks, she knew she couldn't do anything to help herself now. She was done.
Hakan asked the others to not wear her handcuffs and guided her to the police car. It was the moment of truth.