Chapter 8

~~

"Mr Emir..." Tufan entered Emir's office.
"Say it quick, I have a meeting." Emir was writing something, not even looking at him.
"Zeynep and Hakan went at the town hall to set a wedding date."
Emir threw his pen on the desk soundly, raising his look on Tufan.
"And?"
"And we asked the employee to say that there's no available date for at least two months from now, just like you had ordered."
"Good." Emir nodded his head, keeping up with his work.
"Also the appointment you asked for a check up at the hospital is all set."
"For when?" He asked casually.
"This afternoon, at 1." Tufan replied automatically.
"Okay, you can go."
The moment Tufan left his office, Emir grabbed his phone.
"My little one? I already know your day has gotten better since you heard my voice." He smiled slightly.
"What is it, Emir?" Zeynep's annoyed voice echoed from the other line.
"Get ready and get down the coast. I'll come pick you up."
"No I can-"
"Tit, tit, tit the signal's so bad. See you in a few." He pretended he couldn't hear her well and hung up.
"Pelin! Pelin!" He called out his secretary from the door.
"Yes, sir." She came running.
"Tell Asu I leave her on my position for the meeting and to not screw it up."
"But-"
"But what?" Emir turned his head to the side, raising his brows at her.
"As you wish." She swallowed hesitantly, going back to her office.

Zeynep sighed heavily, standing up from the bed to get ready. As much as he was annoying her, she didn't actually want to miss a chance to see his face, even if they ended up fighting in the end. That's how they are, arguing is their spark.
When she was ready, she looked at herself in the mirror, fixing her hair a little. She opened her door and went to the living room where her mother was.
"Where are you going, girl?" Fehime stood up swiftly.
"Out. I'll meet a friend." Zeynep announced, putting on her jacket.
"Which friend?"
"A friend. See you later, mom." She quickly waved at her and left the house.

Emir was staring at his watch, waiting impatiently. If she doesn't come in the next five min-...
Oh well, he suddenly saw her, coming down her neighborhood street. He took a good look at her, admiring the view. She was looking quite beautiful today, wearing a dark green cropped jumpsuit with plain white sneakers.
"Say it, what do you want again?" She asked him the moment she shut the door.
"For someone who doesn't care about me anymore, you have put quite the effort to look good." He roamed his eyes all over her face and body, puckering his lips.
"Hm..." Zeynep nodded her head ironically, looking outside.
"We are going for a check up. I want to see my child." He informed her nonchalantly, starting the engine.
"What?! Right now?"
"Yes, I have arranged everything."
"Don't you have work to do?" She asked him hesitantly.
"What is more important than my child, Zeynep?" He scoffed, like it was the most natural thing in the world.
Zeynep smiled at herself, not allowing him to see it.

"Mr Kozcuoğlu?" A nurse came out at the corridor, looking out for the patients.
"Here!" Emir stood up, nudging Zeynep's shoulder.
"You are next, please..." She showed them the way for the doctor's office.
"Welcome!" A female doctor welcomed them. "Are you the mother-to-be? Nice to meet you! I am Ayşe."
"You too. I am Zeynep." Zeynep smiled shyly, shaking hands with her.
"Such a lovely wife you have, Mr Emir." Ayşe invited them to sit.
"Oh no, I'm n-"
"Thanks." Emir smiled as he and Zeynep talked over each other.
"What are you saying?" She mouthed at him, getting a shrug out of him in return.
"Tell me all about your story... Were you planning on having a family?" The doctor asked them.
"No... Actually, it just happened..." Zeynep put a strand of hair behind her ear, looking down.
"I am here to see my child." Emir spoke out in a confident manner.
"Of course, we will... I heard you had a miscarriage before, right?"
"Uhuh..." Zeynep sighed.
"Okay then, we'll check everything out. Don't you worry. Come with me."
"Come on..." Emir prompted her.

"Here it is..." The doctor showed them their baby on the screen.
Zeynep teared up instantly, touching her belly with her hand.
"Huh..." Emir smiled slightly. He was finding it amusing for some reason. "Look at that tiny thing..."
"Your child looks quite energetic... It is constantly moving... You see here?"
"My baby..." Zeynep cried, turning to look at Emir.
He was in a loss of words, his expression full of wonder. He hasn't experienced such a thing before, it was an unusual feeling, he couldn't understand.
"You can't tell what the gender is, right?" He finally asked. You could understand he was emotional just by his voice.
"Not yet. Probably in about a month." The doctor explained. "Zeynep... You need to be extra careful this time. You have to stay away from stressful situations... I'll fix you a healthy diet and some vitamins too, alright?"
"Yes, alright..." She nodded her head.
"Anything else she needs to do or not do?" Emir asked again, genuinely curious.
"To not tire herself. You should take everything easy. Including your intimate relations..." She trailed hesitantly.
Zeynep cleared her throat, turning her face away from Emir.
"Uhuh." He kept his serious face on, nodding his head.

"Allah, why didn't you say I'm not your wife?" Zeynep asked Emir when they exited the doctor's office.
"I have a name to maintain. What could I say? She's not my wife but she's carrying my child?!" He rolled his eyes at her, moving ahead.
"What do you care? You could have bribed her." She narrowed her eyes at his poor excuse.
"How dare you insinuating I bribe people on my advantage?" He eyed her, faking a shocked face.
"Anyway, take me home." She ordered him, sighing.
"No, you haven't eaten anything yet."
"What are you trying to do, Emir? Is this another way of me forgetting what I asked you?" Zeynep stopped walking, crossing her arms.
"What did you ask me?" He pretended he doesn't remember.
"Emir!" She stomped her foot on the floor loudly.
"Stop asking for the impossible, walk." He signaled her with his head.
Zeynep remained still, moving her legs nervously.
"What don't you understand? I won't divorce Nihan!" He raised his voice a bit.
"Fine, then I'll marry Hakan!"
Emir threw his head back, rolling his eyes.
"You can't have anything you want in this life! You can't boss me around!"
"Are you done?" He checked his watch, ignoring her previous rant.
"God, I hate you!" She spatted, moving past him with quick steps.
Emir smirked, following her lead. It was literally his enjoyment to see her going mad because of him. He was a sadist like that.

"We couldn't find a free date, anyway... They said after two months or something." Zeynep informed Emir while they were sitted at a restaurant.
"Don't tell me... That's too bad." He took a sip of his wine.
She ignored him, smiling at something she thought about.
"What?" Emir asked her.
"What do you think it is? The baby..." She looked down, caressing her stomach.
"I don't know... Even though I'd prefer a son, since I have Deniz."
Zeynep rolled her eyes. "Deniz isn't your daughter."
"But I will never divorce Nihan, have I mentioned?" He looked straight into her eyes.
Zeynep nodded her head, wiping her mouth a towel and stood up.
"What are you doing?" He eyed her from head to toe.
"It's pretty hot today... Enjoy a good shower." She smiled, pouring a glass of water all over him.
Emir's look stayed on his lap for a few seconds before he raised his face up furiously.
HOW DID SHE DARE?
The whole restaurant was secretly laughing at the incident, causing Emir's anger to grow even more.
Zeynep was already on her way out, walking fastly and full of nerves.
"If you think you can fool me, you are mistaken! Idiot!" She shouted, looking back at the restaurant and continued her way.

When Emir got out, Zeynep had already got a taxi and left. Grabbing his phone, he called her a few times but in vain. She had eventually shut her phone down.
"If I get you in my hands... If I get you..." He mouthed bitterly, getting into his car.
At the moment his phone rang, it was Pelin.
"What?" He snapped angrily.
"Eh... Mr Emir... You have to get here urgently. Mrs Asu was unsuccessful in achieving a good deal..."
"DAMN YOU ALL, IDIOTS!" He yelled, throwing his phone to the passenger seat.
"Why do I even bother? Why do I even bother?" He spoke to himself, shaking his head. "I can't even go for a day without them fucking my company up!"
The cars in front of him weren't moving and police sirens could be heard all around.
"What the hell?" He cursed, slapping the steering wheel. He got out, trying to take a peek ahead.
"There was an accident, brother!" The guy from the front car told him. "A taxi with a motorcycle."
Emir moved his face to the side, his eye catching something familiar. A paramedic was helping a girl with a dark green clothing walk to the ambulance.
Widening his eyes in shock he started running without thinking.
"ZEYNEP!"
Zeynep turned back to his voice, standing still.
"Zeynep!" He got close, checking her out. "What happened?! Are you okay?!" His hands touched her face with quick movements and then her belly.
She nodded her head, her eyes barely fighting to stay open.
"We need to take her for a check up, excuse me sir." The paramedic pushed Emir aside.
Emir looked around in a frenzy, searching for the careless driver.
"Who was driving? Who was driving!?" He asked a nearby police officer.
"We have already took him in for questioning, mind your business." The officer ignored him, writing something at his block.
"I am Emir Kozcuoğlu." Emir smiled at his daring answer.
"And I am Kenan Tuca, so what?" He moved past him, calling someone from the scene.
"What the hell?" Emir talked out loud. "Why is everyone getting on my nerves today?!" He shook his head, walking back to his car to follow the ambulance.

~~

You had it coming, Emir 😂😂😂
Enjoy this chapter 🌹
Ps.: Zeynep is fine ❤️