Chapter 34

~~

"I can't leave now Emir... If I leave, my mother will dive into deeper sorrow. I can't disappoint her like this." Zeynep explained as they were relaxing in the garden the next day.
"And I can't stay, Zeynep." He sighed, looking away. "I have already arranged to take over some things in London-"
"London?!" She widened her eyes, moving back.
"Yes... Where I studied... An important annex of my company is there, I will take over."
"But..."
"You are not obliged to follow me. I can go alone." Taking a sip of his coffee, he kept his look on her face. He was checking her reaction. There was no way she would let him leave on his own.
"How? I mean- On your own?" She stuttered, moving her hands nervously.
"Last time I checked I can travel by myself, I'm an adult." He tried to hide a smile.
"How long?"
"To finish what I started, I guess around three months or so.."
"What about Poyraz, Emir? What about me? I can't be alone here for whole three months!" She raised her voice, finding his proposition absurd.
"You won't be alone, you have your family here. I'll take you back to İstanbul." He told her simply, crossing his legs calmly.
"But you -"
"Me what?" He turned his head to the side, tapping his fingers on his knee rhythmically.
"I don't want you to be alone over there..." She looked down, playing with her fingers.
Emir was waiting, a pleasing smile appearing on his face.
"You will think and think... If I am not there to take your mind off of it -"
"Come with me then." He touched her hand to make her look back at him. "You can do anything you want, buy anything you want... I will not be by myself in that case."
"You know I don't care about buying anything... I want to be with you." She placed her palm on his face.
"What about your mother?" He asked her, staring into her eyes attentively.
"You are my family, she will understand-"
Emir kissed her lips at once, fascinating by her words. He really enjoyed this feeling, the feeling of having something that is his only.
"Mrs Zeynep." The helper interrupted them.
"Huh?" Zeynep pushed Emir back, embarrassed.
"Your appointment with the pediatrician is in an hour, I wanted to remind you." She smiled at them warmly.
"Are we taking Poyraz to the doctor?" He stood up with a swift move, eyeing Zeynep.
"Yes, he has to get vaccinated." She stood up, heading inside.

"Everything okay, doctor?" Emir asked the pediatrician, checking out Poyraz. He had just gotten vaccinated and Zeynep was cuddling him to soothe his tears.
"It's okay, my love... It's okay. It passed." She tapped his back, kissing his head.
"Everything is fine, Mr Emir. Your son is progressing just normally, he's quite tall for his age."
"Is that so?" His mouth curved into a proud smile, all content.
"My dear son, aw!" Zeynep exclaimed, hugging Poyraz even closer.
"Doctor, is he in a state to travel? Me and my wife will move to London for a bit."
"Of course, there's no problem." The doctor replied, sitting down on his desk. "If he gets any fever or gets uneasy in any case, give him some febrifuge."
"Okay.." Zeynep nodded her head.

When they reached their house, Hakan was waiting outside with the police car.
Emir narrowed his eyes, leaving the car in a flash. "What are you doing here!? How do you know where I live?!" He walked hastily towards him, his fists clenched.
Zeynep got scared that something may have happened and got out of the car too. "Hakan!" She shouted, leaving Poyraz back in the car.
"Are you deaf? Answer me!" Emir was waiting for his explanation. He hadn't told anyone about this house, how could he know?
"I came for Zeynep, not for you." Hakan replied with an attitude, annoying Emir even further.
"What on earth would you have to say to her?!" He forced a smile, blinking his eyes.
"Emir! Stop." Zeynep held his hand. "What's going on Hakan?"
"We need to talk. It's about your brother." He announced, looking down sadly.
"What about my brother?" She stopped in her tracks, eyeing him questionally.
"Talk, we don't have all day." Emir ordered him, breathing out slowly.
Hakan sighed, moving his legs nervously.
"I think it wasn't a simple car accident."
Emir shot his eyes up at once, he had been thinking about this everyday since the fatal accident.
"What?" Zeynep moved back in shock. "How do you know? What is-"
"Shhh..." Emir touched her shoulder. "Come inside." He signaled Hakan with his look. "Go get Poyraz, little one."
"Emir, I have to-"
"Go get Poyraz, Zeynep." He repeated emphatically, showing the way to Hakan.