Chapter 33

~~

"Are you feeling better?" Emir caressed her hair. She was calmer now, just laying on the bed.
Zeynep swallowed, blinking her eyes once.
"You need to eat something. Come." He patted her arm softly.
"I don't want..."
"Zeynep." He sat closer to her. "Whatever happened, happened... None of them will come back if you keep crying."
"I will never hear my brother's voice again..." She trailed with a shaking voice. "My dearest brother..."
"Don't start all over again... Come on... Do you want me to bring you Poyraz?" He asked her, his hand still on her arm.
"I can't believe you are actually comforting me..." A sad chuckle left her lips.
"You lost your brother. No matter who he was to me, he was still your brother."
"For better or for worse, huh? Your words have now a meaning." She remembered their convo back outside her house, more than a year ago.
"I'm Emir, the prophet." He laughed in an attempt to lighten the mood. She laughed faintly back, it didn't reach her eyes.
Emir noticed that and touched her cheek with the back of his hand. "Time heals, my little one... Thankfully, we have plenty of it."
"Do we?" She raised up, leaning on her elbow. "What if something happens? What if Poyraz ends up all alone just like Deniz?"
"I will never allow that." His voice came out sharper than it should. "Poyraz will never end up alone." He fixed his gaze on her face with promising eyes.
"I love you so much." She confessed, placing her palm against his cheek. "I want you to know it, no matter what happens."
"What does that mean now?" He turned his head to the side, not understanding her point.
"It means what it means." She smiled, looking away.
"Look at me." He turned her face to him, holding her chin. "If you dare to do anything crazy -" He warned her, raising his eyebrows.
"If we wouldn't have Poyraz, I might have done it..." She told him honestly.
"And what would it change? To add another funeral to the Soydere house? Always an emptyhead, Zeynep." He shook his head, letting her go. He stood up slowly, standing by the window with his back on her.
"What about you then?" She also followed right behind him. "Nihan was the love of your life, wasn't she?"
Emir didn't even flinch, he just waited to check where this discussion was going.
"Is this your love? She's just dead and that's it?"
"What is this nonsense now?" He turned to face her annoyed.
"Aren't you going to do something? Vent somehow? Your dearest wife died, the one you loved since you remember yourself." Zeynep started to provoke him on purpose. She wanted him to admit his feelings about the situation.
"What are you doing? You're going to hear things you won't like." He took a step towards her.
"Like what?"
"Nihan used to be my whole world. I would burn down the world just for her... She was a sacred thing for me, pure, innocent, untouched." His expression was dreamy, like he was talking about a vision, about something that was far from reality.
"She never became yours... She never loved you."
She took his hand in hers.
"Maybe it was better this way... Maybe if she did, it would ruin everything... Because she was better than me." He stated, his eyes getting red of the emotional state.
"You only leaned onto her because you didn't have your mother... Because you didn't have a shoulder to cry on. She was the substitute of your mother, understand it already!"
She raised her voice a bit, making him look back at her.
"I loved her."
"You loved the idea of her, nothing else!"
"You don't know anything." Pushing her arm away, Emir proceeded to leave the room.
"What am I to you, Emir?" She called out, waiting for his response.
"Right now, a drama queen." He scoffed.
"I am your wife. Your real wife. I'm the woman you loves you, who gave you a child. And what was she? A supplement of your mother!"
"Stop talking."
"Your obsession is dead. Your sickness died." She walked to him steadily.
"A sickness that will never leave, I will die with it!" He told her emphatically, pointing at his chest.
"It has already left! You are just not aware about it." She held his hand tightly. "You are here with me! You are comforting me! Checking on me! What else do you need?"
"Stop this cheap performance. Stop. It." He rolled his eyes, getting more and more furious second by second.
"You love me."
Emir laughed soundly, not taking his eyes off her face. "Bold, aren't you?"
"I know you do. You wouldn't be here today if this wasn't the case." Zeynep laughed it off.
"I am here for my son, little one. I don't want my mother's son to end up depressed. You are also a Kozcuoğlu." Tapping her nose with his finger, he passed aside her.
"You are such a liar that you don't even believe your own lies anymore." She crossed her arms, shaking her head at him. "But you know what, so be it." She took her blouse off, starting to unbutton her trousers.
Emir was standing at the opposite wall, flickering his eyes with every move of hers. "What are you doing?"
"I'll go shower! Can't I?" She snapped, staying only in her underwear.
"I don't like your tone." He eyed her from head to toe. It's been ages since he has seen her body like this. Truth is she was mouthwatering.
"That's the only tone I have. If you don't like it, get out." She pointed at the door, then unclasped her bra.
He widened his eyes at the sighting and turned his face away instantly.
"What is it? Am I that horrible to look at?" Her face switched to a melancholic expression as she smiled sadly.
"What is wrong with you?" He asked her incredulously. "Did I say that?"
"I'm not a dreamy sighting like your Nihan, right?"
"You are pushing the limits." He warned her, exchanging fire glances with her.
"My heart is aching... My heart! I don't know what to do, I'm lost! I need you! I need you to help me get through this, I need you!" A few tears escaped the corners of her eyes.
Emir still couldn't understand where this was going at.
"Love me, Emir... Love me... Take my mind away of everything, make me feel special! Be with me, I need it!"
He made his way to her knowingly now. She just needed his attention, to take her mind away from her reality even it was for a few minutes.
Raising his hand on her face, his finger trailed the side of it, like he was examining every single angle. "You always played with fire, knowing that it will burn you..."
His other hand came to rest on her chest, as he took a look down her body.
"Please... Make me forget that today happened... I can't -" She shook her head. "I can't deal with the reality, Emir... I'm -"
His lips fell onto hers in a rush, not letting her complete her words. His body was pushing her backwards hastily, feeling his temperature rising to the fullest. How long has it been since he felt her? He couldn't even remember. This was so good. This feeling was so comforting and pleasurable... Today was surreal, something that none of them would ever expect.
He let her fall on the bed, throwing his body right above hers. Zeynep was shaking both from nerves and excitement. The kiss hasn't stopped yet, if anything it was becoming more heated. She opened her legs, letting him sit in the between as she hugged his back.
Emir pulled back to look at her face, all content. They both wanted this like never before. It was a necessity, a way to forget, a way to make them get even more close. Not close as bodies, but close as minds.
With a few swift moves, he found himself inside her. Just like that.
They both sighed out of pleasure and longing. This was their time. No matter what, they both needed this to return to their right minds.
"Emir..." She breathed erotically, raising her hips to meet his thrusts.
"Yes..." He replied, kissing the side of her face. His hand moved down to her neck, holding it gently.
"I'm-" Her hand gripped his own on her neck, letting her head fall back in ecstasy.
His lips touched her forehead, keeping his face there for a few minutes. It was a while until they both caught their breaths again.
When he raised a bit, Zeynep held him by the waist. "Stay... I missed you so much..." Leaving a short kiss on his chest, she layed back down, enjoying his weight on her.
Emir moved a bit to the side anyway, his hand still gripping her hip.
"Sleep." He simply ordered her, shutting his eyes. His breathing started to become more stable, indicating he was about to fall asleep.
"Thank you..." She whispered faintly, burying her face into his neck.
They had achieved to lessen the pain for at least this night.

~~

My poor babies are suffering. Each in their own way. 💔
Enjoy this chapter 🌹

P. S.: I won't be able to post for the rest of the week since I'll be going on my summer vacation. Greek Islands await for me 😻
See you soon, zeymir fam! ⛱️