Chapter 29

~~

"Asu Kozcuoğlu has been diagnosed with psychological problems. Her mental state was what caused her to proceed to the certain attack. She will be held under observation in the Beykoz mental hospital until further notice."
The judge decided, closing up Asu's case.
Emir was standing shook, not believing what he was hearing. He had learned from Asu's lawyer that she had been taking mental treatments all this time without anyone's knowledge.
Asu turned her look to him, smiling sadly.
"You're on your own now brother." She told him as the police took her away.
His eyes got glassy. Their bond with Asu was something unusual and unexpected. It didn't came at once but slowly, as their lives' events were taking place.
The only ones left were his mother who was laying in a bed, still unable to fully connect to her environment and his son. Therefore, Zeynep and Poyraz.

"Emir, what happened? Are you okay?" Zeynep eyed him full of worry as he entered the house with slow steps. He seemed lost and distant.
"Emir." She touched his arm.
"Asu is in a mental hospital." He smiled pitifully, stopping in his tracks. "My sister is in a mental hospital." He started laughing in a creepy way.
"Don't scare me... Emir." She tried to shook him a bit.
"I'm so alone."
"You aren't." Her palm tried to touch his cheek but he moved away.
"Where is my son?" He looked around.
"Sleeping... Come." She took his hand and guided him to Poyraz's room.
He was sleeping peacefully on his front, wearing a dark green uniform.
"Emir..." Zeynep began. "This is all that matters... Your son."
Emir didn't take his eyes off Poyraz. He is a miniature of him. A Kozcuoğlu.
A Kozcuoğlu purest than all of them.
"I got 51% of my company's shares." He stated, his gaze still on Poyraz.
"Really?!" Her eyes lit up. "Congratulations, my love." Letting her head rest on his shoulder, she was looking up to him.
He looked like he was thinking of something.
"Let's go outside... I have something to propose to you." He moved away, taking her with him.
She stiffened, thinking it was something bad. After all he had been through a very hard day today.
"Sit here." He patted the empty space on the sofa by his side.
Zeyneo complied, biting her lips out of nervousness. She was even scared to look at him, gazing at her lap instead.
"I am thinking... I am thinking to leave Turkey. For at least some time." He proposed waiting for her reaction.
"How? I mean- Poyraz?" She stuttered, her breath getting caught in her throat.
"With me, obviously." He scoffed, like it was the most natural thing in the world.
"How is that?" Zeynep stood up abruptly. "Will you take him away from me?!" She was just a step from freaking out.
Emir rolled his eyes, eyeing her like she was crazy. "Do you believe that I out of everyone, would separate my son from his mother?"
"Then how...?"
"You are going to come with me." He announced, sitting back with one hand behind the sofa.
"But... I don't want to leave..." She argued with a low voice.
"But I do. It has to be like this."
"Why?" Zeynep wondered, sitting back down.
"Because I want to leave the unfortunate events behind. Being here reminds me that my dad is an isobite and my sister a lunatic." He explained calmly, his eyes flickering at his family's mention.
"What will happen with your mother?"
"She's in good hands. Do you accept?" He moved his body onwards, joining his palms.
"I don't know, I mean... I've never -"
"Me, you and Poyraz, Zeynep." Emir reminded her, trying to affect her. "No one else to hold on to, just me and you." He was looking at her attentively, waiting for her answer.
"You, me and our son?" She repeated out loud, thinking about his proposition.
He nodded his head, raising his eyebrows in anticipation.
"What are you planning? You just got your company back." She suddenly blurted out, crossing her arms.
He narrowed his eyes at her, being taken aback.
"Your brother can send me to jail anytime he wants. What could I even plan?"
"That you can easily do all your dirty works from overseas?" She guessed, making Emir chuckle.
"You're so smart. Really. I could do that... I could." He nodded his head. "But I don't want to play dirty now. Not with my son in my life." He assured her, moving closer to her.
She tried to move a bit back instinctively but he stopped her, placing his palm on her knee.
"You know I wish things were different... You know I wish I could have met you under different circumstances if Nihan wasn't in my life... But this isn't possible, Zeynep. It isn't possible to undone my whole life..."
"Then why are you even bothering with me? Why didn't you let me take another path?" She asked him, her eyes watering.
"Because the path of love and chaos are the same." He smiled slightly, touching her smooth cheek. "Because this love will only lead to chaos, little one."
"But what if the chaos leads to love?" She touched his cheek back, her look fixed into his eyes.
"Don't." He dismissed her, moving her hand away and standing up in a rush. "I'm tired. I'll pick a room and rest for a bit. Let me know about your decision later." He informed her with his back on her, making his way inside.

"I missed you, daughter. How much longer will you stay there?" Fehime told Zeynep as they were talking on the phone.
"I just came, mommy... I need some days to relax with my son."
"Of course... That devil is planning shootings and is also buying you houses-"
"Mother! Emir had nothing to do with this incident, it was all Asu's doing. He would never hurt Nihan anyway..."
"Ah, Zeynep! What are you still doing with him?!"
"He's my son's father... My husband... Don't bear on me too, for God's sake."
"I won't, i won't... But remember this, as long as this Satan lives among us, we won't have peace."
"He won't live here for long... He asked me to- He proposed to leave Turkey for some time... I am thinking about it to be honest."
"How?! With Poyraz too?!"
"Obviously."
"Allah... You will leave your family, Zeynep?"
"He's my family now, mother."
"Bravo, bravo... He took you away from us and now he wants to take you out of the country too... Good... Act like we don't exist."
"Don't do this. It's better like this, think about it!"
"To have my daughter away? What is better?!"
"To have Emir away. You just said so. Your lives will be more peaceful if he's away... You will be more carefree, you know it. It's better for my brother too."
"You know better but... I am a mother, Zeynep! How will I stand to be away from you and my grandchild?"
"There are incredibly many ways to see each other, mom. We'll figure out something, okay?"
"Okay, my baby... Okay. Go take care of your son and kiss him from me."
"I will. I love you." Zeynep hung up, feeling her chest heavy. It wasn't like she was happier about leaving her family behind, but it was the best solution for all of them. If she could keep Emir away, she would do them the biggest favor.

"You owe me an answer..." Emir told Zeynep, while holding Poyraz. He was rubbing his back in order to burb.
"Well..." She sighed. "I think it would be a good idea to get away... For you, first of all..."
"And second?" He side eyed her. "Well done, Poyraz." He smiled, hearing his son burb.
"For Poyraz too... For us... Raising him in a total different environment would be ideal. Nothing to remind us the past, nothing connecting us with the past..."
"Me and Nihan." He hinted a smile, knowing where she was going.
"Yes even that..." Zeynep nodded her head. "I'm a woman, Emir. And as your wife I expect more than this."
Raising his eyebrows, he turned his head to the side, watching her with wonder. "So to say?"
"A real marriage." She shrugged her shoulders, fixing her eyes to his.
A genuine laugh fell off his lips as he looked away. He shook his head in disbelief, turning his face back to her. "Always wanting more."
"Well... If you don't want more, there's always people who do." She stated with an attitude, reminding him the old Zeynep in all of her glory.
"Are you threatening me that you will cheat on me?" He smirked, touching a strand of her hair.
"It's all or nothing." She pushed his hand down as he followed her moves, enjoying her nerve.
"Let me put my son into bed." Emir spoke in all seriousness, taking Poyraz inside.
"Come." He told her a few minutes later, emerging from the hall.
Zeynep followed him silently, entering the master bedroom. "What?" She questioned him, looking around.
He slowly walked towards her, pinning her to his chest and pushing her backwards, until her back was on the wardrobe.
"When you make threats, you gotta learn how to turn them into reality." He breathed against her lips, his hand moving down to her hip, squeezing it.
"Emir, wait..."
He ignored her, taking off her blouse in a hurry. He began kissing her chest roughly and wildly.
Zeynep was uncomfortable. Her breasts were swollen from breastfeeding, she was in pain even.
"Emir..." She said again, grimacing. She tried to push him away but his grips and touches onto her were becoming harder. It was like he wasn't hearing her.
"Emir, it hurts... Emir... Emir! Stop."
He kissed her mouth in a swift move, shutting her up.
"Wait, wait, wait... EMIR!" Zeynep finally pushed him away with all her strength. "Aren't you hearing me? What is wrong with you?!"
Emir narrowed his eyes at her. "What is wrong with YOU actually?! How did you dare give me ultimatums?! I'm not Ozan, Ze-y-nep."
"You hurt me..." She trailed, touching her chest.
"Watch your mouth so I don't hurt you more next time!" He pointed at her with his finger. "Why do you keep provoking me when you know you can't take it?!"
"I just said-"
"All you do is talk, talk and talk!" He suddenly shouted at her, making her jump. "You aren't even ready for more yourself, Zeynep!"
"Don't shout at me!"
"Don't cross my limits then!"
"I HATE YOU!"
"GOOD!" He snapped, leaving her back in the room, speechless.

~~

This couple gives me a whiplash 😂
I want to thank you one more time for your support, I'm incredibly grateful. ❤️
Happy reading. 🌹