Chapter 43

~~

"Don't, Emir... Don't do this to me..." Zeynep placed her palm against his lips to stop him from talking.
"What do you want, Zeynep?! What do you want?!" Emir took some steps back. "I came to you! I put my ego aside and I am here!"
"Is this what it's all about?!" She laughed incredulously at him. "Is this about your ego? Well guess what, I don't want you back! I don't want anything from you! Leave from here! Leave so that you feel the rejection in your bones!" She pointed at the door with her hand.
"Zeynep!" Emir shouted, grabbing both of her arms strongly. "Stop making me crazy!"
"Don't touch me! Αll you think is yourself! Always!" Squirming into his arms, she managed to get away.
"You are mine." He held her head still, making her look back at him. "I gave you space, you had enough free time. Now it's time to come back to your husband!"
"I hate you!"
"You love me! If you hated me, you wouldn't pull all this performance for nothing!"
"God damn you! You didn't even want our child!" Zeynep pushed him back strongly, he even lost his balance a bit. "I won't ever forgive you!"
"I want it! That's why I am here, I want it! I want my family back!" Emir pointed on the floor with his index finger aggressively.
"It's not that easy!" She shook her head. "It's not that easy, Emir... You hurt me!"
"And you hurt me by leaving me but I am here, aren't I?!" He spatted, giving her a piece of his mind. With the corner of his eye he saw some movement outside the window. Narrowing his eyes, he passed by Zeynep and opened the curtain at once, seeing a guy running outside the garden.
"Emir! Who's that?!" Zeynep asked frightened, moving back.
"Stay here." Without another word, he ran outside, dialing Mehmet. "Someone just left the garden, find him NOW."
"Emir! Emir!" She called again in vain, making her way to Poyraz's room with fast steps.
"My love... Mommy's here, it's fine." She caressed her son's head, kneeling by his side at the crib.

Emir had gathered his men in the garden.
"If you don't find him tonight, I will kill all of you one by one! MY SON LIVES HERE! Get lost and do your job!"
"Mr Emir, I promise you-"
"Don't promise Mehmet, ACT!" Emir shouted the last word, making him flinch.
"Emir..." Both Emir and Mehmet turned around at the sound of Zeynep's voice.
"Get inside." Emir ordered her, raising his eyebrows.
"What happened here? Who was that?" She walked towards them with a perplexed look on her face.
"Go back inside, Zeynep." Emir repeated, side eyeing Mehmet who couldn't take his gaze off of her.
"I want to know! It's my house! What happened?" She ignored him, waiting for Mehmet to say something.
Emir widened his eyes at Mehmet as a warning. He shouldn't dare to exchange any words with her.
"Mrs Zeynep-" He began hesitantly, looking down shyly.
"Tell me, don't look at him... Tell me." She asked again, completely ignoring Emir.
"Enough of this." Emir forced a smile, gripping her arm. "Walk." He dragged her all the way to the house.
"Leave me, it hurts!" She complained, stomping her foot down.
Emir said nothing, getting her inside the house and shutting the door behind him. He was literally angry and she couldn't understand the reason. He let her go and stood by the door as she was at the opposite side of him.
"Are you crazy?! How do you act like that in front of your men?" Zeynep began, feeling humiliated by his previous action.
"How did you dare give orders to one of my men on behalf of me?! How did you dare chit chatting with him in front of me?! What am I?! Your dog?!" He took some threatening steps to her.
"I just wanted to know what is going on in my house-"
"I-" He shouted. "I AM TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY! It's not your business to interact with my men! Do. Not. Dare. Repeating. That." He said emphatically, his chest heaving out of frustration.
Zeynep swallowed soundly, nodding her head. She didn't want to argue with him now... Not when he looked at her like this. His eyes were burning and the worst is that she still couldn't understand why it was such a big deal.
Letting out a growl, he turned his back on her in an attempt to calm himself down.
Zeynep touched her stomach in an instant, as her other hand covered her mouth. Making a gaging sound, she ran to the bathroom.
Emir's look shot back at her, not able to hide his worry. "Zeynep!" He went behind her. She had already shut the door but he could hear her throwing up clearly. Sighing in annoyance he opened the door, seeing her bend over the toilet seat. "My little one." He pulled her hair to the side, caressing her head.
Raising up slowly she leaned her body on him, holding on from his shirt.
"Are you alright?" He spoke in a soft voice, observing her face.
Zeynep made him move back a bit so she could reach the sink and wash her face. After she was done, she took a few deep breaths and looked at Emir through the mirror.
His look was hiding worry, caring, even regret.
"This happens almost every day..." She trailed. "I get really nauseous in the evenings only."
"Why?" He moved his look on her belly.
"I don't know, it's different for every woman... This is how it is for me." She shrugged her shoulders, biting her lips as she looked down.
"I see..." He nodded his head, moving towards her. Letting his hand palm rest on her stomach, he began talking to the baby softly. "Why are you tiring your mother, huh?"
"Maybe he or she will take after you..." Zeynep interrupted his moment, trying to hide a smile.
"Funny." Emir gatherered himself and headed back to the living room.
Zeynep followed him, checking him out. He took out a glass and poured some whiskey, sitting down on the couch.
"What are you so afraid of? Can you explain to me?" She sat by his side, hoping to gain some answers out of him.
"I don't understand what you mean." He took a sip of his drink, keeping his look ahead.
"Emir... Why are you afraid of this contact? To come close to our child?"
He sighed, trying to find a way to think of an answer. "I'm not afraid of anything."
"You are, there is something that holds you back... What is this denial?"
"I'm not in denial anymore... I told you I want it."
"My love..." Zeynep placed her hand on his knee. "Talk to me... I know you like the palm of my hand..."
Emir flickered his eyes, staring at her hand and then at her face.
"I don't know what it is exactly... It was different with Poyraz... He came out of the blue. Now this..."
"This baby also came out of the blue, what are you trying to say?" She frowned sceptically.
"It didn't, we are married Zeynep..." He rolled his eyes like it was something obvious that she couldn't understand.
Zeynep was perplexed, what is he trying to say with this? "And? I don't understand..."
He tried to hide a smile. She was so naive sometimes, in the good sense. "Ah Zeynep..." Shaking his head, he took another sip of his drink.
"Emir, tell me!" She shook his arm, already impatient.
"That's the whole point, my little one... We are married, it was supposed to happen one way or another. This whole real marriage thing is... It's creeping me out." He finally admitted, leaving her more confused than before.
"Why is it creeping you out?" She turned his face to hers.
"Because it's real... I'm not used to this." His eyes didn't meet hers but were kept low.
"Look at me." Zeynep demanded sharply. He obeyed without a second thought. "The fact that Poyraz came suddenly into our lives explains even better that what we had was real. No matter if you denied it, insult me or whatever... It was real and it still is, there's no difference... Love may only apply to my part but I know-" Her voice broke as she tried to hold back a lump. "I know that my children came to this world because of the love I feel for their father."
Emir examined her face for seconds before planting his lips onto hers. He felt her words so deep in his soul, so deep in the veins that the blood of a broken man was flowing.
This kiss was different than the others. It was slow and sensual. A necessity and need.
"Stay with me..." He whispered between the kiss. Pulling of Zeynep's blouse, he began worshiping her body the way it deserved.
"But... Poyraz-"
"Shhh, we can hear him if he cries..." Kissing all the way down her shoulders, he picked her up in his arms and took her to her bedroom...

"Weren't they divorcing?" Boran Sarafoğlu asked one of the men he had sent to Zeynep's house.
"They are as far as we know... He probably visited her for their son."
"Nobody saw you, right?"
"Of course, sir... I hardly got away but thankfully they didn't see me." The guy replied confidently.
"So his wife is Kemal's sister... And he was primarily married to Nihan, Kemal's wife..." Boran said out loud with a sceptical look.
"It seems so..." His man nodded his head.
"Look more into it... If he dares to tell on me, I will rip his family away piece to piece... Like I did with Kemal's."
"It seems like he was enemies with Kemal though..." The guy pointed out. This situation was complicated to them.
"This is what makes it even more interesting... I want to have him at my disposal anytime I want so he won't be able to threaten me... Find a way, even if it is his own child." Boran smirked, tapping his pen on the desk full of excitement.

~~

Nah uh... A new enemy on the way? Interesting.

Enjoy this chapter babies ❤️