Chapter 46

~~

Two days later:
"Get me out of here! Doesn't anybody hear me?!" Zeynep banged on the door soundly. "HEY! Get me out of here!" She repeated, already getting impatient. Poyraz was quite uneasy, she couldn't control him.
She heard someone who tried to unlock the door and moved back instinctively.
"What do you want?" A dark skinned man walked inside. "Stop making noise!"
"It's not for me... I can't keep my son calm anymore, he needs some air. How long are you planning to keep me here?!"
"Our boss will meet with you today, don't worry. Who knows... Maybe after you find out the truth, you will want to stay here willingly." He smirked at her, checking her out with a dirty look.
"What truth? I don't understand... Do I know your boss? Who is he?" She spoke nervously, trying to put two and two together.
"You ask too much..." The man tapped on her cheek in a warning way. "Be patient." Turning around, he headed outside the room. "Oh... And calm that boy of yours."
"God damn you all!" Zeynep cursed him as soon as he locked her again inside. She was about to go crazy. What kind of sick game is this? They had her locked for two days, treating her like royalty but still wouldn't tell her why she was here. Who in hell is that boss? Does it have to do with Emir? Did he get into something dirty? "Allah, I will go crazy..." She sighed, sitting down in bed. She missed him. She missed Emir like crazy. She missed her house, her room, her personal belongings... She missed everything. Emir must be going nuts all those days... She was even surprised he hasn't turned the world upside down to find her. She couldn't even distinguish where this house was, the area was totally foreign to her. It was literally in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by tall trees and a huge garden.

At the other side of the town, Emir was sitting in his office. He had his head thrown back to the sofa with his eyes shut. An empty glass of whiskey was in his hand along with an empty bottle on the table before him.
"Mr Emir... Mr Emir..." Efsane tried to shake him. He was sleeping, he spent the night there.
"Zeynep..." He mumbled softly, gaining Efsane's sympathy. She shook him again gentler. "Mr Emir, wake up..."
Emir opened his eyes slowly, trying to gain consciousness. "What is it?" He spoke with a hoarse voice.
"Mr Mehmet is here." She informed him, making him stand instantly. Emir ran out of the door without a second word.
"What did you find?!" He asked Mehmet as soon as he saw him in the living room.
"Our guys followed Boran's men. It's like how you suspected, sir... They tricked us at first but then we managed to follow their actual way. They headed north, we suspect it's where Mrs Zeynep is taken, since they packed baby care products."
He stood frozen, listening to Mehmet's information. He was so close to find Zeynep's location. But this Boran... He had his hand in this. Emir should have thought earlier that he wouldn't let things be the way they are. He dared to lay hands on his family. He dared to reach this close without a second thought.
"I will kill him." He said out loud, clenching his fists.
"Sir..." Mehmet addressed him hesitantly. "Don't act impulsively... This is your wife and son's lives."
Emir widened his eyes, staring at him in disbelief. "Do you think I don't know?! DO YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW?!" He walked towards him in a threatening way. "Do not dare patronize me, you are a plain worker." He warned him emphatically, pointing at Mehmet's chest with his index finger.
In fact Mehmet's words weren't wrong. He should be careful. This isn't a plain matter, this is about Zeynep and Poyraz. This is about both of them, who are the most innocent than any other in this story. What if he tells Zeynep about him? What if he tells her that he is hiding her brother's murderer and turn her against him? What if she will hate him knowing that he hid the truth from her?
Letting out a growl, Emir turned around trying to calm himself down. He should think logically. Logically and methodically.

"Where is our daughter?! Where is she Hussein?!" Fehime was crying out in her living room.
Tarik was there as well, his head buried between his hands. They couldn't do anything, literally anything.
"Our grandson... Oh, what a nightmare is this! Get us out of it, Allah!" She raised her hands up in a prayer.
"Calm down, mother... Please... Dad is already is feeling bad, can't you see?!" Tarik begged her, with a completely lost look on his face.
"I'm sure this Satan had something to do with it! He is evil, pure evil! SATAN!" Fehime spatted, placing her palm against her forehead. "Zeynep is pregnant Tarik, pregnant!"
"What?!" He widened his eyes in total surprise.
"Is this true, woman?" Hussein asked.
"I didn't tell you before to not upset you since they were supposed to be divorcing..."
"Uff mother, uff!" Tarik stood up annoyed, pacing around the room. "My beautiful sister... God help my beautiful sister..." He was mumbling, praying silently.

"My dear son... I know you are missing your father... I know..." Zeynep held Poyraz close to her chest. "I miss him too... It's like I can feel his sadness, you know... It's eating me alive, my Poyraz..."
Her door was suddenly unlocked. The same guy as before, along with someone else walked inside. "Come. The boss is here."
Zeynep sighed heavily and stood up, still holding Poyraz.
"You will leave the kid here." One of them told her.
"You are crazy apparently. I won't leave my son with you." She replied, letting out a chuckle.
"You will leave him here." He repeated emphatically, his eyes darkening.
"Go to hell, I won't leave him. Get out of my way." She passed by him, pushing him with her free hand. She walked down the corridor until she reached a big staircase.
"Calm down, my lamb... It's okay..." She tapped on her son's back to ease his soft cries.
A tall man was with his back on her, staring outside the big balcony doors.
"Why am I here? Who are you?" Zeynep asked him boldly, not wanting to show him her fear.
Turning around, his expression changed for seconds. She was prettier than what he had seen in the pics. She even looked like her brother, Kemal.
"Hello. I am Boran Sarafoğlu." He laid his hand for her to shake. She didn't give her hand but kept looking at his face, observing him.
"Okay..." He started talking, sensing her nervousness. "You are Zeynep, Zeynep Soydere."
"Kozcuoğlu. Zeynep Kozcuoğlu." She corrected him, gazing into his eyes. She was searching for something she couldn't understand. "What do you want from me?" Her hold tightened on Poyraz.
Boran looked at Poyraz, smiling softly. "Is this your son?"
"Yes..." She whispered, taking a few steps back.
"Don't be afraid." He raised his palm up. "I'm not planning to hurt you... I am here to open your eyes." He looked away, making his way to the couch. He sat down carefully, his eyes never leaving hers. "What are you doing with him? What are you doing with such a man?"
Zeynep narrowed her eyes at him, realizing he was talking about Emir. She was sure from the beginning that this was something that had to do with him. "That's none of your business." She spoke curtly, making him smile again.
"You are the opposite of what he is... You are pure, innocent..."
"You don't even know me. You don't even know what I do with my husband. How dare you?" She asked him, eyeing him incredulously.
"Did he play you to avenge Kemal?" Boran asked her. He was so calm, it was creeping her out. Who is that man anyway?
"Who do you think you are to ask me such things?! What do you want from me?" Zeynep was losing her patience little by little.
"Tell me about you... Sit." He invited her, tapping the empty space next to him.
"Are you crazy?!" She laughed soundly. "Let me go immediately! My son needs the peace of his own home. What do you gain by me being here? Huh? What do you gain? I don't even know you!"
"Sit." He repeated with a blank expression.
Sitting down, she let Poyraz down by the side of her legs. He crawled away, reaching to grab an object that attracted his attention.
"How old are you?" He turned his head to side, his eyes roaming from her head to toes.
"25..." Zeynep stuttered, looking down her lap.
Boran raised his hand on her hair, touching a strand softly.
"What are you doing?! Don't touch me!" She stood up abruptly, pushing his hand away. "Let me leave! LET ME!" She shouted, lowering her voice instantly, remembering Poyraz.
"I will." He followed her lead and stood up as well. "Go. Take your son and go."
She took Poyraz in her arms and headed to the exit.
"Go to your husband. Go to the one who is covering your brother's murderer." Boran's voice echoed in her ears.
Zeynep blinked her eyes fastly, trying to comprehend what she heard. No, it couldn't be.
Turning her head back to him, she forced a smile. "What did you say?"
"Your husband is covering your brother's murderer. Didn't you know? Your brother's accident wasn't an accident. Someone wanted him to die."
"Shut up." She shook her head in denial.
"Your precious husband hid this from you-"
"POLICE!" A team of policemen entered the house all of a sudden.
Zeynep moved to the side, having no clue of what is happening.
"Boran Sarafoğlu, you are under arrest for the murder of Kemal Soydere and his wife Nihan Sezin Soydere." Hakan who was leading the team exclaimed, showing the arrest warrant to Boran.
"What?" Zeynep asked out loud. Her head felt heavy, it was like her surroundings were darkening. "Hakan... Take Poyraz." She started breathing heavily, her eyes watering.
Hakan ran to her, taking Poyraz into his embrace. "Zeynep, are you okay? Zeynep?" He touched her shoulder in an attempt to calm her.
She was losing consciousness second by second, until she finally fell.
"ZEYNEP!" She heard Emir's voice, before drowning into darkeness.

~~

Oh boy, Zeynep found out the truth.🤦🏻‍♀️

I'm sorry I couldn't post regularly lately, I've been busy with studying!
I have one more exam this Wednesday and then I'll be back.

Thank you for your endless support, it means the world to me ❤️🙏