Chapter 14

~~

Emir opened his eyes slowly, checking his surroundings. He felt something on his chest. Looking down, he saw Zeynep sleeping peacefully. His first instinct was to move away but for some reason, he didn't. His eyes never left her face, analyzing her every detail. There weren't many times that he had the chance to witness her like this and he usually never paid attention. He noticed how fragile and innocent she looked like this, like she was trying to sleep the pain away... She looked pure, like her mother had told him... Zeynep wasn't a bad girl, he knew. It wasn't her fault that he wanted revenge from Kemal and used her in the worst possible way. In one way, he was responsible for her situation... He brought her here. Who knows how different her life would be if he never crossed paths with her... And how different would his life be if he hadn't met her...
Truth is she had made small changes in him, he was more calm, more merciful... It was her own doing... He couldn't understand how she managed it but that's how it was. He was used having her in his life, having someone to care for him because no one ever did, not even his own father.
But of course, this doesn't change the facts. It doesn't change the fact that he has an enemy named Kemal. It doesn't change the fact that Zeynep is his sister. It doesn't change the fact that he hates Kemal to death. However, it also doesn't change the fact that his enemy's sister is carrying his child.. Who would have thought? And who would have thought that he would accept a child whose mother is not Nihan?
Zeynep let out a faint sigh, moving closer to his side. Emir snapped out of his thoughts and turned his face away. He didn't want her to see that he was checking her out in case she opened her eyes.
"Emir..." She mumbled, her arm circling his stomach.
"Little one..." He whispered, looking at her movements. "I have to go to the company..." He added, trying to gently move her.
"Hmm..." She turned to the other side, keeping on with her sleep.
Emir chuckled, shaking his head at her. Raising up from the bed, he brought the sheet upwards to cover her exposed back.
Grabbing his clothes, he walked out of the room with careful steps to not wake her. He checked his phone, he had 5 missed calls from Nihan.
"What is wrong with this girl? Never talks to me when I am at home but calls me constantly when I'm not..." He talked to himself, rolling his eyes.
He called her back instantly.
"Wifey?"
"Where are you?"
"Are you jealous?"
"Cut the crap. My mother is in a bad shape, we'll have to take her to a specialist."
"Give her a horse tranquilizer."
"You are disgusting. She's like that because no justice has been paid for Ozan!"
"We'll talk about it later, I have to go Nihan."
"You are with Zeynep, right?"
"I don't respond to such questions."
"You prevented her from getting married, right?"
"Have a good day, wifey."
Zeynep was standing by the door frame, staring his back.
Emir turned around quickly, like he felt her presence. "Did I wake you?"
"No... Are you leaving?" She asked him, moving closer to him.
"Yes. Don't forget your vitamins." He tapped on her chin with his finger and turned to leave.
"Emir... Thank you for staying..." She trailed, granting him with a small smile.
"No problem, little one." He smirked, closing the door behind him.

"Mommy! I'm so happy to see you!" Zeynep ran to Fehime's arms as soon as she saw her.
"My baby! My baby girl..." Fehime cried, hugging her back. "Allah, you have gotten big..." She pulled back, touching Zeynep's protruding stomach.
"My baby is growing..." She smiled through her tears.
"How are you? My father? My brother Tarik?" Zeynep and Fehime walked side by side by the coast.
"Same old, daughter... You? You are in my thoughts and prayers all day... You and this man-"
"Don't start, mom. I'm not in the mood, really... But this child should know his real father, I couldn't marry Hakan." She explained, running her hand over her belly.
"Why did you lie to us, huh?! Why?!" Fehime stopped, shaking Zeynep's arm slightly.
"Because I was mad at Emir... I thought about this situation and I didn't want to upset you guys more... And Hakan went along with it because he's in love with me..."
"He's a good guy, Zeynep! The right father for your baby!"
"I don't love him, mom! Why is it so hard for you to understand I only love Emir?!"
"Stop!" Fehime raised her palm up to stop her from talking.
"Mom... Understand me already... I'm in love!"
"But what about him, girl? He isn't leaving his wife to get you!" Her mother snapped, shaking her head at her.
"Uff mom... It's complicated." Zeynep sighed, sitting at a nearby bench.
"Explain to me then!" Fehime followed her moves.
"I can't explain because I don't know myself! It's hard to tell what Emir is thinking..."
"Your father will die out of sorrow if you keep this way of living... You are the mistress of a married man, Zeynep!"
"What can I do, huh? Tell me, what can I do? Do you think I like this?! I don't!"
"Then do something about it! Give him ultimatums! How will you spend a life in the shadows, daughter?" She caressed Zeynep's hair.
"I don't know... I swear to God, I don't know..." A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at her lap.
"Don't cry! Don't cry, my moon faced... My grandchild will feel it, don't do it..." Her other hand touched Zeynep's belly lovingly. "Where is this house you are staying?"
"At the opposite side of the town..."
"Of course, he wanted to impress you..." Fehime scoffed.
"He isn't trying to impress me, those things have no importance to him with all that money he has..." Zeynep breathed some air, staring at the sea.
"His father is... He seems to care about this baby..."
"What?!" Zeynep turned her body to her mother. "How do you know about his father?"
"I went at his company, girl! I wanted to know how you are doing... He was there."
"Uff mom! What did you do?!" She stoop up, rubbing her palms all over her face.
"Look at me!" Fehime stood up too. "I only watch out for you! I am your mother!"
"God... Don't interfere!" At the moment her phone rang. It was Nihan.
"Nihan is calling me..." She stated, picking up. "Hello?"
"Zeynep? Where are you?"
"I'm with my mother. What's wrong?"
"We need to talk... Where should I meet you?"
"I'm close to my parents' house, down the coast."
"I'll meet you there."
"Okay..." She hang up, staring at her phone curiously. "What does she want now?"
"Maybe she wants to talk you about something that concerns my Kemal." Her mother guessed. "Will you come by the house to eat something?"
"No, mom... You go, I'll wait for her here and then come."
"As you wish."

In the meantime, Nihan was in her room as she was talking to Zeynep. Vildan heard her talking on the way to her own room.
"Nihan and this girl..." She thought, hearing about Nihan going to meet her soon.
This girl was responsible for what happened to Ozan... Everything happened because of her, because she used him. Ozan died because of her, she ruined him, destroyed his life. If justice didn't do their job right, she would...

Nihan left her house after ten minutes. She wanted to demand explanations from Zeynep. Why is she back to Emir? What did he offer her?
Emir wouldn't tell her so she would make Zeynep spill the beans.
Little did she know that her mother was following her with a gun hidden in her bag.

Zeynep was waiting by herself. She loved the sea. It was calm and peaceful. It would take her mind from every negative thing that was flowing in her head...

Emir was reading some files. He was preparing another prenup for Zeynep, concerning a future business plan of her own. He wanted her to start something on a field she was interested in, like a theatrical workshop. It would be mostly to spend her time, not to occupy her full time, since she would have the baby. There was also no money issue, he would provide her with enough anyway.
"What is going on with you?" Asu barged into his office.
Rolling his eyes, Emir raised his look on her.
"Are you getting my company's money to build castles in the air for Zeynep?"
"Your what?" Emir cupped his ear like he doesn't hear what she said.
"My company's money." She crossed her arms, sitting at the opposite side of him.
"Last time I checked you were nodody in this company until my dad gave you some of his shares." He spoke calmly, keeping on with his work.
"Don't give her more credit than she deserves. She's just Kemal's sister."
"People give you credit just because you are my sister so..."
"Emir!" She snapped, slapping her hand against his desk.
"You have gotten really annoying, you know? Go get yourself a man, my sister." He shook his head at her.
"Don't be rude! YOU have gotten soft and you need to wake up! We have no time for this."
"For the last time: Stop interfering into my business with Zeynep. Nobody cares about what you say, including me." Emir pointed at himself.
"Mr Emir." Pelin entered his office. "Kemal Soydere is here."
"Luck is keep provoking me today..." He moved back to his chair, crossing his legs in the process.
Asu waited by the side, getting uncomfortable. Kemal didn't even want to see her face.
"Kozcuoğlu." Kemal got inside in a rush, completely ignoring Asu's presence.
"You have been missing me too much lately..." Emir smiled purposely.
"Where is Zeynep?"
"Somewhere nice. It has plenty of light and space, she's comfortable."
"Look at me!" Kemal moved towards him, gripping his collar.
"Stop asking idiotic things.. Is it a family thing? Even your mother came by yesterday." He pushed Kemal's hand down.
Kemal was taken by surprise, moving back. "Was my mother here yesterday?"
"Yes." Emir sighed. "I'm starting to believe you have an eye on my company."
Kemal ignored him, thinking about what he said. "What did you say to her?"
Kemal's ring tone filled the room, before Emir managed to answer.
"Nihan?... WHAT?! IS ZEYNEP ALRIGHT?! WHICH HOSPITAL?!"
Emir stood up in an instant, his eyes looking with horror at Kemal.
"What?! WHAT?!" He asked him, waiting for Kemal to explain.
"I am coming! HURRY UP, HURRY!" Kemal turned to leave the office quickly but Emir grabbed his arm strongly.
"WHAT HAPPENED?!"
Kemal was in a loss of words, he couldn't believe what he heard.
"All I know... Mrs Vildan shot Zeynep... I don't-"
"GOD DAMN IT!" Emir passed by Kemal's side, running outside.
Kemal blinked his eyes for seconds and ran after him.

~~

What is going on y'all?!?!
I guess you'll know in the next chapter 😢💔
For one more time, thank you for supporting this story ❤️