Chapter 44

~~

"Where are you going?" Emir held Zeynep's arm before she managed to leave the bed.
"To check on Poyraz..." She told him softly, reaching to cover herself with a sheet.
"He's probably asleep. Stay here." He pulled her back from the sheet, making her fall on his lap.
"Uff, slow down!" A chuckle left her mouth as he tickled her side by accident.
"What is this this? Are you ticklish?" He did it again on purpose. It seemed funny to him for some reason.
"Nooo, stop this! Emir!" Zeynep shouted, holding her stomach.
"Okay, okay...." He took his hands away, leaving a small kiss on her shoulder.
Turning her head on the side, she smiled at his profile. He was so handsome right now, right here. "I missed you so much..." She touched his cheek lovingly.
"Hm, I figured..." He joked, leaning his head to her hand for seconds.
"You would die if you said it back to me, right?"
"I wouldn't, but I'm not a man of words, my little one. You know I prefer actions..." Emir trailed, with his palm circling her thigh.
"Don't start again..." She rolled her eyes, keeping his hand still.
"You've been gone for three months, don't tell me what to do." He spatted between joking and all seriousness. Leaning to her chest, he began leaving kisses all over it.
"Should I translate this to 'I missed you Zeynep'?" She encouraged him, keeping his head down.
He didn't reply but kept kissing her, moving lower.
Both of his hands rested against her still flat belly. "When are you going to the doctor again? I want to see it." He raised his eyes on her face.
"We can go this week, I don't mind..." She smiled at him, reaching to peck his lips.
Emir held her closer carefully, moving upwards. He held her face with his left hand and with the right he spread her legs open, making his way between them.
"Oh..." Zeynep let herself fall back on the bed as he started moving at a stable pace. Intertwining her fingers with his, she held him dearly close enjoying the feeling of his weight on her.
He on the other hand, never stopped leaving kisses on her chest and neck. Especially her neck was of his favorite spots on her, along with her hair and lips.

A few minutes later, they were spooning in bed. Zeynep was with her back on him while he had her pinned close to his chest.
"This is funny." She broke the silence first.
"What thing?" He asked, caressing her hip.
"This... You and me... From every aspect." She elaborated, sighing heavily.
"From every aspect, you are still lucky..." Emir mumbled sleepily.
"And you're still full of yourself, for God sake..." She scoffed, trying to move away from his embrace. His hold tightened even more, not letting her move.
"Let me, I want to see my son." Slapping his hand, she raised from the bed. Emir didn't really pay attention to her, he was way too tired from the trip and everything else combined.
Zeynep checked on Poyraz. He was wide awake but wasn't making any sound.
"My heart, what a quiet boy you are huh?" She picked him up in her arms. "Did you want daddy and mommy to stay alone? You did good." Laughing at her own joke, she cuddled him gently whispering lullabies.

Next morning, Emir woke up quite energetic. Zeynep was preparing breakfast and he was taking a shower. Poyraz was in the baby seat, watching Zeynep. He was making different baby sounds, hitting a plastic spoon onto the table.
"Are you going to eat your egg? Hm? Come on, my baby." She placed a spoonful in his mouth but he shook his head, moving away.
"Don't do that... Be a good boy... If you don't eat, you won't grow up-"
"Zeynep!" Fehime's voice echoed from the hall. She decided to visit without telling her and of course, she had the keys.
Zeynep panicked a bit. How could she explain that she and Emir are again a thing? Her mom would freak out.
"My daughter! Good morning! I brought fresh fruits to my prince..." She smiled wide at the sight of Poyraz.
"Good morning, mommy..." She forced a sweet smile, thinking about what to do. "You did good..."
"What's wrong with you, girl? Did you see a ghost?" Fehime took the spoon away from her hand and started feeding her grandson.
"No, no I-"
"My little one, did you see my watch?" Emir appeared, wearing only his pants.
"ALLAH!" Fehime shouted, widening her eyes. She covered her eyes in shock, lowering her head.
"Mom, I will explain-" Zeynep began.
"Haven't you seen a man without a blouse before?" Emir smirked, standing there on purpose.
"God damn you, how did you fool my daughter?!" Fehime snapped angrily, her palm still covering her eyes.
"Probably like this... And without pants." He puckered his lips, trying to hide a smile.
"EMIR!" Zeynep threw a kitchen rag at him. "Mommy, we are back together... I mean..."
"You're a Satan, Satan! My God, help me! I sinned!" Fehime started cursing on Emir, entertaining him even more.
"I really wonder how you had three kids... My son! Come here, come!" He grabbed the spoon and fed him without complaints.
"Well done... Well done!" He smiled, kissing Poyraz's head.
Fehime looked at him annoyed, then left the kitchen.
"Mom." Zeynep followed her. "Don't pull that face... Me and Emir... You always knew it was going to be like this."
"I know it girl, I know it! It doesn't mean I have to like it!"
"He isn't that bad... Really."
"Ah daughter, ah! You're such an emptyhead, Kemal was right in wanting to protect you... Ah, my son." She burst into tears in seconds.
"Don't do it, mother..." Zeynep teared up herself. "My brother is protecting me anyway, I can feel him right here." Pointing at her heart, she also touched her belly protectively.
"The pain isn't leaving me, Zeynep... It won't ever leave me... I am supposed to celebrate Deniz's birthday this weekend but how will I do it?"
"We will we do it." Emir told them, coming with Poyraz in his arms. He was wearing a shirt now, sitting at the opposite side of them. "We can celebrate her birthday somewhere nicer... So you can all take some fresh air... How about a nice party by the sea?" He looked at Zeynep, questioning her with his eyes.
"Yes, why not? Huh, mommy? What do you say?" Zeynep caressed her mother's hair. "It will be good for all of us..."
"I don't know, Zeynep..." She tried to argue.
"Look, Deniz will be two soon. We need to take care of her... We can't do it if we are stuck in the past." Zeynep took her mother's hand and placed it over her stomach. "Here is your third grandchild... Don't give up, mother! We'll make it! For Kemal's sake."
Emir was fascinated by Zeynep's words. He was waiting for her mother's reaction quite interested.
"Let it happen then... You can organize everything." Fehime finally agreed, hugging Zeynep close to her.
Emir and Zeynep exchanged a meaningful look. It was one of the few times Emir wanted to actually help her family. Kemal and Nihan didn't die by accident. Of course, they could not know that, not until the right time. The least he could do for now was to help in times of crisis, like this one. Zeynep's parents weren't doing good and they also had Deniz to deal with. It wasn't easy, it was hard. Reminding them of their son, reminding them of what they lost. They are old people, it won't be long until he and Zeynep will take over Deniz's unbringing. Even Zeynep knew that, he understood it from the way she looked at him.
It was also a good sign that they were in the same path for this.

"I'll arrange everything for the party, don't you bother... You shouldn't stress." He told Zeynep later. Her mother had already left to go attend Deniz.
"No, I don't mind doing it... It's a happy event anyway." She grimaced, caressing her stomach.
"What is it?" He noticed her discomfort.
"I don't know... Nausea probably."
Emir reached to place his hand above hers. "Take deep breaths, it will pass soon." He advised her calmly, like he was used at such things.
"Thank you for today... What you did for my family..."
He didn't reply but nodded his head.
"Does this mean you are staying until the weekend?" She asked him a few seconds later.
"I will yes... I got used to your presence as it seems." He smiled slightly, gazing at her face with attention.
"I'm glad you did..." Her other hand came to rest on his cheek. "Those three months were endless for me..."
"Oh?..." He narrowed his eyes at her. "I thought you were mad at me."
"I was... But I still missed you like crazy..." She admitted shyly, lowering her gaze in her lap.
"You will never change, will you?" Emir smirked, fully enjoying this.
"No... I won't..." Zeynep moved herself on his lap, proceeding to open his shirt's buttons.

~~

Enjoy this chapter babies!

I don't know when I will be able to post again since final exams are coming my way!
Hopefully during this week. Mwah ❤️😘🌹