Chapter 26

~~

One week later, Emir and Zeynep were adjusting to their new life.
Things were kinda funny between them. Emir wasn't letting her do much, he wanted to bother himself with Poyraz most of the time. He even learned to change diapers for him and bottle feed him.
"Emir, don't do that... I told you a thousand times-"
"Will you let me bathe my son?" He shook his head in disbelief, rubbing Poyraz's tiny belly. He had placed him in the baby tub which was full of warm water.
"And what am I going to do?" She raised her hands up, only to slap them down to her sides.
"Go pick his clothes. And get the baby lotion." He kept massaging Poyraz's head softly.
"Do you like it, Poyraz? Don't fall asleep just yet, we have to eat..." He talked to him, making Zeynep melt at the scene.
She walked back to her son's room. It was the biggest room in the house, at the opposite of Emir's.
Just when she had applied the clothes on the dresser, Emir entered having Poyraz enfold in a blue towel.
"Ayyy, God bless you my love!" Zeynep smiled, applying some baby oil into him. "How beautiful are you, huh? My heart!"
"Will you breastfeed him?" He asked her while helping her put on his underwear.
"I will try... If he's in the mood. He bit me yesterday."
Emir chuckled. "My son, a Kozcuoğlu."
"Mhmm... Go now, let me feed him." Picking him up into her arms, she sat at a nearby armchair.
Standing by the door, having his arms crossed, Emir was watching the sweet mother - son exchange.
"Bravo, my baby... That's it..." She praised him, cradling him slowly.
After quite some time, Zeynep was fighting to keep her eyes open. Poyraz was far from sleepy as it seemed.
"Zeynep... Give him to me. Go to sleep." He took Poyraz from her, helping her up with his other hand.
"Do you think he had enough?" She talked faintly, she was way too exhausted.
"Even if he didn't, I'll give him bottled. Go." He gently guided her out of the door.
"So..." Emir started, talking to his son. "You are planning to send all of us to bed except for yourself, is that right?"
Poyraz moved his hands onto his face slowly. His chin was trembling, a usual thing for babies.
"I'm more stubborn than you, you know. I won't leave until you sleep."

A few hours later Zeynep woke up to drink some water. She noticed Poyraz's bedroom door was opened and walked with slow steps there to not make a sound. Poyraz wasn't in his crib though. For a second she panicked, then her eyes fell onto Emir's door.
She opened the door quietly, coming across the most beautiful sight.
Emir was in a deep sleep, his mouth slightly opened. Poyraz was between his arm and a pillow in order to not move away. It seemed that he was in deep sleep too.
As quietly as she could, she took Poyraz to his crib. Thankfully, he didn't even flinch.
She then went back to Emir, covering his body with a thin blanket.
"Little one..." He mumbled. "Poyraz?"
"He's in his crib, sleeping. Go back to sleep." Before she moved up, Emir held her wrist.
"He sleeps like you, puckering his lips... Have you noticed?"
"No... I haven't." She shook her head softly. "Is that a bad thing?"
"No, I just pointed it out."
"Okay, good... Sleep now." She patted his arm, going back to her own room smiling.

"When will it take place, brother?" Zeynep was talking on the phone with Kemal.
"In a week from now, we won't do anything big... We just want a simple wedding."
"I understand... Will you keep it a secret from Emir?"
"No, but we won't openly tell him either. He can't do anything anymore, Zeynep... If he tries, I'll send him to prison at once."
"Uff, brother! Don't say such things."
"I have the power to do it. A little mistake and he's doomed."
"Don't scare me... I can't have my mind on you too."
"Don't worry. Keep your eyes on my nephew and we're good."
"Okay, okay... Have a good day."
"You too, my sister."
Poyraz started crying at the moment, making her move the stroller back and forth to calm him.
"Did he wake up?" Emir practically ran outside.
"It's nothing... He probably saw a nightmare." She sighed. Her face was kinda pale and black circles were visible under her eyes.
"What's wrong with you?" He held her chin up, observing her face.
Zeynep simply shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine."
"You can't fool me. What's up?" He waited, looking down at her.
"I'm not in a good mood, I don't know... My period is still heavy... I'm breastfeeding too... I'm exhausted." She confessed, running her hand through her hair.
Emir thought for seconds. "Efsane!"
"Sir?" She came from the kitchen.
"Go get some lamb liver and grilled it for Zeynep."
"No, Emir! I'll throw up-" Zeynep grimaced.
"Don't talk." He spoke over her, raising his finger. "And get some beef too. Go." He sent Efsane away. "We don't want your mother to complain about your complexion, do we?"
"Since when do you care about my mother?" She asked him curiously, crossing her arms.
"Oh, I don't." He stood up nervously. "I have work to do. You go rest too until he wakes again."

In the early evening, Asu came to visit. She stayed a bit with the baby and then locked herself with Emir in his office. They said they have serious things to talk about. Zeynep didn't bother them, she was relaxing by the pool, enjoying the fresh air.
"Mrs Zeynep? Detective Hakan is here." Eda informed, smiling.
"Who? Let him come." She said, fixing her clothes. Poyraz was sleeping in his stroller by her side.
Hakan came down the stairs with a bouquet of flowers and a present for the baby.
"Hello Zeynep. May God bless him." He smiled. "You look great."
"Thank you... You shouldn't have come, you got in trouble." She eyed the things in his hands.
"No, no, don't mention it. The flowers are for you and this is for your son..." He handed them over to her.
"You didn't have to, really. Sit." She signaled him as she sat at opposite of him.
"Is he sleeping?" He asked, taking a look inside the stroller.
"He is. He sleeps more during the day than during the night." Zeynep giggled carefree.
"You look well, I'm happy." Hakan commented, staring all over her face.
"I am. How are you? We didn't have the chance to talk after everything..."
"Same old, Zeynep. Life is not that interesting since you left." He kept staring at her intensely.
Emir was watching them from the balcony door along with Asu.
"Hakan is still after her..." Asu smiled. "Are you ready for a second infidelity?"
Emir rolled his eyes at her. "Shut your mouth."
"What are we going to do with Kemal and Nihan's wedding? We need to stop it. Are you gonna let them marry just like that?"
"I can't do anything. Kemal can send me to prison anytime he wants." He explained, sighing heavily.
"I can think of something." Asu argued.
"Stop the nonsense. I can't risk my freedom."
"What about our revenge?"
"What matters the most right now is my son. In case you forgot he has no one else than me." He raised his eyebrows at her.
"You don't have to worry about that. Hakan is ready to take your place anytime." She provoked him, crossing her arms.
"Shut. Your. Mouth. My. Dear. Sister." He talked sharply, emphasizing each word. "What do you want? The whole Kozcuoğlu family in prison? Our father will already rot in there!"
At the moment Eda passed by them, holding a tray with tea and some cookies.
"Our policeman wants cookies now too!" Emir scoffed, making his way to the garden.
Asu laughed, going after him.

"What's new detective? To what do we owe the honor of your visit?" Emir asked Hakan, sitting by Zeynep's side cheerfully.
"I came for Zeynep and the baby." Hakan threw him an annoyed look.
"And I thought that you missed me." Emir leaned back, crossing his legs. His eyes fell on the bouquet with flowers. "Look at that! Are those for me?"
Zeynep coughed uncomfortably, placing a strand of hair behind her ear. Emir side eyed her to check her reactions on purpose.
"I think I should be going, Zeynep." Hakan announced, raising up.
"As you wish. Thank you for the present." She raised up too, smiling softly as she shook his hand.
"You should get yourself a wife, detective. Loneliness is not nice." Emir interrupted their moment, moving close to Zeynep.
"People marry because of love, Kozcuoğlu. Not because it benefits them." Hakan snapped, narrowing his eyes at him.
"Tell me about it." Emir smiled, pretending he was interested to hear more.
"Emir, it's enough now." Zeynep nudged his side, annoyed with his behavior. What has gotten into him suddenly?
"Good bye, Zeynep. Asu." He greeted them both, walking upstairs.
"What the hell has gotten into you?" Zeynep demanded to know the moment Hakan was out of sight. Asu was watching them silently.
"Did I interrupt your moment? I'm sorry." He spoke with an attitude, turning his head to the side.
"You are a mental case!" She pushed him away, going back to the house with quick steps.
Emir growled, turning his head back to Asu.
"You are indeed a mental case. Make up your mind, my dear brother." She told him, grabbing her purse and following Zeynep.

~~

Emir 🤭🤭🤭
Happy reading, my dearest readers!
Thank you for the non stop support 😻