Chapter 39

~~

"Uff, I have such a terrible headache... Can you bring me some ayran, Efsane?" Zeynep laid back on the sofa, holding her head.
"What's wrong with you?" Eda sat by her side.
"I am getting sick... My stomach feels terrible-" She suddenly sneezed loudly, placing her palm against her mouth.
"Oh!" Eda giggled.
"Don't laugh... Keep Poyraz away from me, you take care of him, okay?"
"Okay, okay... Don't worry."
At the moment, Efsane came back in the living room giving the ayran to Zeynep.
"What's going on here?" Emir appeared in the doorway, all confident.
"Mrs Zeynep is sick, I brought her some ayran." Efsane moved back, allowing him to see Zeynep.
"What's wrong with you?" He walked towards her, eyeing her from head to toe.
Zeynep turned her face away, crossing her arms. She didn't want to talk to him after their fight yesterday.
Emir sighed, trying to hide a smile. He sent the girls away with a sign, sitting at the edge of the sofa. "Are you cross with me?"
She kept her silence, not even flinching.
"My little one..." He tapped on her nose playfully.
"Leave me alone!" She slapped his hand away. "I got sick because of you! You even ruined my brand new dress!"
"I've already bought you three new dresses." He caressed her hair softly, not able to hide a grin. "Yves Saint Laurent."
Zeynep side eyed him. "Did you really?"
"It's not that big of a deal. An old friend of mine is working at one of his stores in London so-"
"What old friend? Did you sleep with her?" Her eyes widened, fully turned to his side now.
"Look at you..." He shook his head. He didn't like those kind of cheap scenes.
"Answer me!" She gripped his arm strongly, keeping him from standing up.
"Even if I did, what do you care? It's been years." He scoffed, pulling his hand back.
"Did you meet her?!"
"Zeynep!"
"Emir!"
"Stop the third class behavior!"
"God damn you! If you dare play any games behind my back..." Her eyes were spitting fire.
"What will you do?" He was really interested, a content smile spreading all over his lips.
"I will make you incapable! That's what I will do!" She shouted, pointing at his private parts.
Emir let out a loud laugh, it even surprised himself. "I'd like to see you try that." He turned around. "Efsane, is the food ready?"
"In a few minutes, Mr Emir." The woman appeared, holding her apron.
"In that case, follow me little one." He waved his hand, walking towards his office.
Zeynep rolled her eyes and followed him without further complains.
"The atmosphere between us is kind of tense lately... I even noticed." He began as they were both sitted at his office. "Aren't you happy here?" He looked at her expectantly, waiting for her answer.
She was taken aback by his question. Emir never cared enough to ask about her wellbeing.
"I am okay." She simply replied, lowering her gaze to the ground.
"If you really were, you would look into my eyes instead of the ground." Emir raised her face up with his hand.
"What even is this discussion about?! There's no point." She argued. "I'm not feeling well, really... I must be getting the flu, I can't do this now." She sneezed twice, turning her face away from him.
"I will call a doctor-"
"No, I don't want. I'll sleep it off, I'll be fine tomorrow." Standing up to leave the room, she got stopped by Emir.
"You didn't sleep in our room last night..." He noted, turning his head to the side. His hand trailed from her belly to her chest slowly, ending up at the side of her neck.
"I was- I was mad at you..." She stuttered, his fingers giving an erotic sensation to her skin.
"Are you still?" He whispered, leaving a soft kiss on her cheek.
"I don't know... I can't think clearly when you do that." She sighed, feeling his hot breath against her face. It was hard to concentrate when he was that close.
"That's good... It means I still have this effect on you." He puckered his lips cheerfully, stepping back.
Zeynep narrowed her eyes at him, getting annoyed. "Uff, I can't stand you." She left the room, walking hastily away.
Not even five seconds later, Emir's phone rang.
"Yes?"
"Mr Emir, it's me... I have news on Kemal's accident."
"Say it quickly, Mehmet."
"We identified the man on the video, we have his location."
"I didn't expect you would be that effective in such short time... Don't do anything yet, I'll fly over there tomorrow and deal with him myself."
"As you wish, sir."
"Don't take your eyes off of him."
"Don't worry."
Emir hung up, looking around without focus. Who could that man be? Who ordered him to hijack Kemal's car? What could he have against Kemal anyway, Emir was his biggest enemy.
Now he was curious to know about that man. Who was he? What was his purpose? And if he wanted to kill Kemal because of a conflict, what could it be about so that he planned his death?
"Prepare the jet for tomorrow, I have to fly back to Istanbul." He called one of his men.