Chapter 40

~~

"He is able to meet you tomorrow, sir. At 11." Mehmet informed Emir late in the evening.
"I expected this... Let's see what is this Boran Sarafoğlu all about."
Raising a glass of whiskey close to his lips, he sipped a bit, swallowing loudly. He had to inform Zeynep to not wait for him.
"Efsane? Where's Zeynep?" He called the house's number.
"She's taking a bath, Mr. Emir. She spent the day outside with Poyraz."
"Outside where?"
"Sightseeing. One of your men, Tahir took her."
"How is my son? Zeynep, is she feeling better?"
"He's very good. Mrs Zeynep is good too, her stomach issues are gone."
"Okay, good. Tell her that I will return tomorrow, I have an important meeting to attend."
"As you wish, sir. Have a good night."

"Ah, Mr Zeynep!" Efsane bumped onto her in the corridor.
"What happened?" Zeynep had her hair wet, wearing satin pajamas.
"Mr Emir called. He said he's coming back tomorrow, he has an important meeting to attend."
"Tomorrow?! Why didn't he call me himself? What kind of business is this?!" She shouted, an annoyed expression spreading on her face.
"I don't know, Mrs. I just transferred his words." Efsane shrugged her shoulders, going back downstairs.
"God damn you!" Zeynep cursed Emir, heading to her bedroom with fast steps.

Emir was drinking his whiskey when he saw Zeynep's name at the phone screen.
"Yes?"
"Where are you?!"
"Excuse me?"
"Where are you?! What kind of business is this?!"
"Don't shout, I'm not deaf."
"Answer me! Or are you planning something behind my back again?"
"Again? When did I plan something behind your back in the first place?"
"I didn't count them, but A LOT!"
"Do you have a fever, Zeynep?"
"Drop that attitude! What are you doing there?"
"I have an important meeting tomorrow, that's why I am not flying back tonight-"
"Why didn't you call me yourself then?"
"I called at home but you were busy. What is with this behavior?!"
"I hate you!" She snapped and hung up on his face.
"Zeynep! ZEYNEP!" He stood up abruptly, shouting. "Crazy!" He threw his phone on the sofa, furious.

Next day, Emir arrived at the Sarafoğlu Holding about to meet this Boran.
"Welcome, Mr Kozcuoğlu. Mr Sarafoğlu is waiting for you at his office." A nice dressed girl showed him the way, guiding him upstairs through a glassy grand staircase.
"Fancy." Emir smiled, looking around.
After a few minutes, he entered a huge office. Almost apartment like.
A dark haired man, really alike to Kemal, was leaning against his office waiting for the guest.
"I like your style here, it's fancy. Similar to mine." Emir exclaimed out loud, entering the office in his full confident attitude.
"Boran Sarafoğlu, German car importer." The guy laid his hand, waiting for Emir to shake it. He seemed too serious, a dark look clouding his face.
"Emir Kozcuoğlu, germaphobe." Emir passed by him without giving his hand and sat at a nearby armchair. He crossed his legs and sat back confidently, observing the guy.
"Well..." Boran walked around his desk and sat in his own desk. He was waiting for Emir to talk first since he was the one who demanded to meet him.
"I will cut it short, I don't have all day. I want a collaboration, fine raw material for your cars and in exchange 50% of your earnings in this company." Emir talked simply and bold.
Boran burst into loud laughter for seconds, eyeing him like he was insane. "You must be nuts, Kozcuoğlu. Never."
"Think about it a bit, don't rush."
"There's nothing to think, your proposition is absurd. I thought you were a fine and smart businessman but-"
"I know you hijacked Kemal Soydere's car. You know, that accident that killed him and his wife, Nihan." Emir interrupted him, raising his eyebrows.
Boran froze, widening his eyes for seconds. His hands started shaking and before he pulled them under the table, Emir had already noticed.
"What is all this craziness about?!" Boran stood up suddenly, slapping his palms against the desk.
Emir rolled his eyes and stood up too, standing in front of him.
"I'm not one for theatrics, don't try it with me. I know you did it. You have one day to think about my proposition or jail awaits you." He told him as he lowered his eyes on the desk. They fell into a small clock. "Hear that? Tick - tock, tick - tock, tick - tock... It's your time running out Sarafoğlu." Emir tapped Boran's cheek slightly, fully grinning at him and turned to leave the office.
Boran was left speechless as his lips started trembling. He reached the cabinet and took out some pills. He swallowed two and sat back down, trying to think about what to do. Was there a way to get out of this situation?