Chapter 50

~~

The journey completed with no troubles. Zeynep and Emir were finally in London.
Zeynep left without being in the best spirits because of Fehime. She had literally managed to ruin her daughter's mood with her nonsense about Emir. It was all the same old.
'He's the devil himself, he wants to take you away from us... He succeeded, he got in your brain.'

"Little one?" Emir interrupted Zeynep's thoughts.
"What?" She replied faintly, blinking her eyes.
"You spilled the tea..." He trailed, eyeing her suspiciously. He took the cup from her, furrowing his brows. "What's the matter with you? You've been like this during the whole trip."
"It's nothing, don't mind me." Before she got up to leave, he held her wrist.
"Explain." He demanded, staring right into her eyes.
Zeynep sat back more comfortably, trying to stutter some words. "My mother... I don't know what's wrong with her lately... It's getting worse... About you."
"Like what? What is she saying?"
"That you deceived me... That you don't care about me... All that." Looking at him for seconds, she then lowered her head.
"Nonsense." Emir rolled his eyes, raising his palm to stop her. "Your mother is really comical, isn't she? Tsk tsk tsk..."
Zeynep didn't say anything. Her problem wasn't actually that. She was aware about her mother's feelings to Emir. Her problem was something else, something that she never expected she would face.

*Flashback*
Zeynep was at the airport, sitting at the airline's exclusive lounge. Poyraz was sleeping in the stroller and Emir was nowhere to be found. They kept him in the Holding until last minute.
"Zeynep? Is it you?" A man's voice echoed behind her.
Turning her head she came across a familiar face. She couldn't tell clearly who it reminded her of but for sure it was a well known face.
"It's me..." He said after seconds, understanding her confusion. "Salih."
Her eyes widened in realization, a mix of shock and surprise. "How-, You-, What-, Wow." She managed to finally say, letting out a smile. "I can't believe this." Throwing her arms around him, she hugged him without hesitation as he returned the gesture.
"How many years has it been, huh?" He asked her, smiling softly.
"I'm not sure..." She pulled back. "4 maybe?"
"Maybe even more than that." His eyes fell on the stroller by her side. "Who is this?"
"My son, Poyraz..." Zeynep exclaimed proudly, moving back.
"And in here?" Salih's palm touched her belly gently.
"My other son." She giggled for some reason, realizing how funny this interaction was.
"You managed to put roots into the Sezins for good, right?" His voice had a hint of joking along with seriousness.
"Sezins?" Zeynep turned her head to the side, not understanding his comment.
"You gave Ozan a son. Now a second is on the way-"
"Oh! You have no clue of whatever happened..." She shook her head, sighing.
"I've been in Germany all this time, I don't know." Shrugging his shoulders, he sat down.
"It's a long story but... Ozan died, not shortly after you left..."
Salih raised his eyebrows, he didn't expect to hear this.
"Things happened... I am married with Emir." She added, biting her bottom lip.
"Emir who?" His look became darker, he already knew who she meant.
"Emir... Emir Kozcuoğlu."
All of a sudden, Salih slapped his hands against his knees, making her jump back.
"You and him? He was Kemal's-"
Zeynep's eyes filled with tears instantly, she realized Salih had no clue about Kemal. Truth is that Kemal had told her that they had lost contact during those years. Life went on for both and business got in the way.
"Kemal died in a car accident, Salih... Along with Nihan. It's been a few months." Not able to hide her uneasiness, she buried her face in her hands, starting to sob quietly.
"How- What?!" He left with his mouth hanging open. "Oh, my poor brother..." He sighed, rubbing his eyes to keep himself from crying. Don't you cry, girl... Come on..." He patted Zeynep's back, fully emotional himself. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Zeynep... I hate myself for not contacting him sooner... Ah be Kemal..."
Salih's fight was announced for departing soon.
"I have to go... I wish we could talk more about everything... Take my card and call me, okay?" He caressed her head in a kind manner. "You haven't changed a day." His lips curved into a light smile as he left for the check-in.

*End of flashback*

"Zeynep? ZEYNEP!" Emir clapped his hands in front of her face. She had zoned out again. "Stop thinking about your mother. It will always be like this with me, you know her. Don't stress over it." His thumb caressed her cheek bone for a while before he stood up.
Zeynep smiled slightly at his comment, not paying much attention. She wanted to call Salih for some reason but what would happen if Emir found out? There was so much to talk about, so many things happened in their lives... He was like another brother for her, she never saw him differently. His presence reminded her so much of Kemal and she needed this feeling, she had missed it. Her relationship to Kemal was something else... Nothing compared to the one with Tarik. It was fully emotional and deeply understanding. She knew that whatever she did, Kemal would never leave her halfway.
Tears pricked into the corner of her eyes, sniffling quietly.  Α loud kick brought her back to reality.
"Ah! My son?" She smiled between her tears. "Are you awake? My heart... Hello... I'm not crying, okay... I stopped." Wiping her cheeks, she then caressed her belly with circling moves.

A few hours later and while Emir was in the company, Zeynep decided to call Salih in the number he gave her.
"Hello?"
"Salih? It's me, Zeynep."
"Zeynep? I'm so happy you called, I was thinking about you."
"Me too... Where are you?"
"Munich. My company is here. You?"
"London. Emir's company is here... Part of it."
"I understand... Are you happy?"
"Very... But-"
"There's still something missing, right? Kemal..."
Zeynep nodded her head at herself without talking.
"What if I could make it to London during the weekend? Would you like to talk?" He suggested  a few seconds later.
"That would be nice... To talk..."
"Now that I have your number I will call you and let you know, okay?"
"Okay. See you."

Emir went back home in the evening, tired from today's work.
"Everything okay, Efsane?" He asked her as soon as she went to him to take his jacket.
"Great, sir."
"Where's Zeynep?" He started walking towards the stairs.
"She's with Poyraz and Sarı."
"Who's Sarı?"
"The puppy. Mrs Zeynep called him that because of his color." She smiled, bowing her head and walking back inside.
Emir smiled, making his way to Poyraz's room.
"What are you all doing here?"
"Waiting for you." Zeynep stood up carefully, holding her belly.
"My lion son." Emir chuckled, seeing Poyraz laying on the puppy's belly. "Hey, little one." He touched Zeynep's belly above her own hand. "Hey to you too, little one no2."
"I missed you so much..." Zeynep buried her face into his chest, placing both arms around his back.
Emir smirked, tightening his hold on her for seconds before letting go. "Will you ever stop being obsessed with me?"
"Will you ever stop confusing love with obsession?" Zeynep pulled back, faking a sweet smile.
"Ouch." He exclaimed, flickering his eyes. Truth is he had hard time distinguishing it. All this time the love he would understand was just another obsession. Now it is even harder for him to realize what he feels since he never experienced something alike. That was what he liked about Zeynep though. She was always willing to give, even if he never gave something back.
"I'm sorry..." She rushed to apologize at once, thinking he might be mad. "I don't doubt your love for Poyraz, not even question it-"
"Don't bother, it's fine." He stopped her, placing his thumb against her lips. "Poyraz?" He turned around, changing the subject. "Come here..."

"Are you mad about what I said?" Zeynep asked Emir while they were laying in bed.
"No, why would I?" He replied, turning a page on a book he was reading.
"I don't know... I mean... But understand me a bit! What is this thing between us?! We are having a second child and I don't even know if you feel the slightest love for me!" She rambled, looking at his face.
Emir sighed, closing the book and placing it on the nightstand. "Are words that important to you?"
"Yes... Sometimes they are. Because I am going crazy thinking about what you may have in your head. Enlighten me, Emir! Where is this going?"
"What do you want to hear? I'm not good with words, don't start all over." He pushed himself down, laying his head back on the pillow.
"Don't start all over?! I have barely talked to you about this because I don't want to bother you!"
Emir turned his back to her, covering himself with the blanket.
"Emir! Are you really going to sleep?" Zeynep looked at him in disbelief. "I am talking to you, don't ignore me!"
"Sweet dreams, my little one."
"God damn you..." She laughed at herself, shaking her head.

~~

HELLO, HELLO!
I missed this, hope you are all well ❤️