Chapter 48

~~

"Emir was shot, mother! Even though that man is in prison we can never know what he is able to do! That's why we need to go back to London." Zeynep ran her hand through her hair, moving her legs nervously. She had visited her parents' house after almost a month. Things hadn't been easy with Boran and the police. It was hard for her to keep from her parents that Kemal's accident was a killing attempt.
"How will you live like this, girl?! This Satan is bringing you even deeper into his darkness!" Fehime talked hatefully, shaking her head.
"Stop it, mom! I'm telling you he was shot and look what you are saying! If anything happened to him, I would die on the spot!"
"Look at her, look!" Fehime stood up, approaching her. "Are those words of a mother, huh?!"
"Those are the words of a mother in love! But what am I saying, you don't even know what it is!" Zeynep snapped, making Fehime raising her arm to slap her.
"Don't even think of it." Emir held Fehime's arm, appearing out of nowhere. His look was one of warning, not being able to take his gaze off of her.
"Em- Emir... It's fine, nothing happened." Zeynep held his arm softly, making him relaxing his hold on Fehime until he eventually let her hand go.
"What was this?" He asked Fehime. "With what right would you raise your hand on her?"
"It's none of your business what I do with my daughter!"
"And it's none of your right to touch my wife!"
"Emir! It's okay, it's okay... It passed." Zeynep tried to ease the spirits.
"No little one, it isn't okay." Emir eyed her for seconds before turning back to Fehime. "It seems like you haven't understood the reality yet. Zeynep is a Kozcuoğlu, she has nothing to do with your third class notions. Don't get into matters that don't concern you, don't try to get between me and her, it's you who will lose."
"God damn you! I damn the day you got into her way! You destroyed us, ruined us!" Fehime started shouting, making Emir laugh at her dramatics.
"For God's sake, don't do this mother! It's been ages, we have a son and another child on the way! Stop it!"
"I lost my Kemal! I lost my son! All you care about is him, you even forgot your brother!"
"What?!" Zeynep let out an incredulous laugh. "Are you for real? I almost went crazy when I found out about my brother's accident! And what even is this accusation, mom? Is this a competition of who grieved more?!"
"Zeynep, come on now... Let's go..." Emir spoke in a low voice by her ear, holding her arm to prevent her from saying something she would regret later.
"Bravo, bravo! He managed to turn you against your own family! That's what he wanted!" Fehime pointed at Emir with disgust.
"Watch your mouth!" Emir warned her, raising his eyebrows.
"I am tired... So tired..." Zeynep shook her head in disappointment and went out of the main door in seconds.
Emir threw his head back, shutting his eyes. He was trying to calm himself from Fehime's rambling.
"If you dare-" He began with an authoritative voice. "If you dare to upset her like this again in her condition-"
"Don't pretend that you care about my daughter more than I do!" She passed by him, making her way to the kitchen.
"If you dare... If you don't drop this attitude, I will take both Deniz and my family and you'll never going to see them again." He talked behind her, waiting for a reaction.
"You can't take her from me, I am her only family by blood." She stated naively, like Emir didn't already know that this was the case.
"I am Emir Kozcuoğlu." He smiled. "The fact that I pity you doesn't mean I can't take her away." With this last sentence he walked out of the house, seeing Zeynep sitting at one of the stairs in the garden.
"Come on, let's go..." He bended over to help her up. Zeynep raised, sighing heavily.
"Should we go to the doctor? Seeing the baby will take your mind off of things." Emir proposed, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Okay..." She agreed, nodding her head.

"Accept my apologies, we came without an appointment." Emir smiled at Zeynep's doctor.
"Don't worry, I have my next appointment after one hour. Is anything wrong?" The doctor eyed Zeynep. It was obvious she wasn't well.
"No, nothing wrong with the baby..." Zeynep explained, caressing her belly.
"We would like to do an ultrasound... If it's no problem for you." Emir said after seconds.
"Of course not, it's my job." She laughed. "Please, let's get ready."
After a few minutes, Zeynep was laying down. The doctor had placed the gel on her stomach so they could start with the ultrasound. "So, let's see..." She started, moving the machine around.
Emir was siting at the opposite side, looking curiously.
"Here it is! Can you see it?"
"God..." Zeynep teared up from happiness. It's been a while since she had seen the baby. What was happening in her life wasn't ideal for the past month. She even neglected her control dates.
"Oh..." The doctor mouthed a while after.
"What? Is anything wrong?" Emir stood up, leaning closer to the screen.
"No, no. Nothing like that. Are you ready to know the sex of your baby?"
Emir widened his eyes. He didn't expect this so soon. "Can you see it?"
"Yes, quite clearly."
"Say it, I'm already dying of curiosity!" Zeynep prompted her eagerly.
"It seems like you are having a healthy baby boy."
"WHAT?! Are you sure?!" Emir started freaking out, observing the screen.
Zeynep had placed both hands on her mouth, trying to control her happy tears.
"Of course I am sure, look here." The doctor pointed at the screen.
Emir started laughing, his eyes getting glassy from the intense emotions. "I will have another son..." He trailed, turning to look at Zeynep. She looked back at him, exchanging silent words with their eyes.
"Is everything okay? Is he okay?" Zeynep asked as soon as she got out of her bubble.
"He is perfectly fine. He is developing normally, you have absolutely nothing to worry about." Her doctor assured her.
"Thank God... Thank God..." Zeynep wiped a few tears, touching the upper side of her belly. "My dear son..."
Emir was in complete awe, not able to comprehend his own feelings. Is so much happiness even real? Does he deserve all this? Another blessing, another miracle. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice that Zeynep asked the doctor to leave them alone for some minutes.
"Emir?" She spoke, taking his hand in hers. "Are you okay?"
Moving his gaze to her, he was brought back to reality. "Are you?" He sat by her side, tapping on her cheek playfully.
Zeynep nodded her head, staring down at their joined hands. "I can't believe we are having another son... It's surreal."
"I will have to think of a new name now." He smiled softly, remembering the time he spent to find the appropriate name for Poyraz.
"I'm sure you will surprise me again." She smiled back too, touching his cheek gently.
Emir eyed her for seconds. "Don't be sad about your mother. She's in a bad state, that's all."
Zeynep pulled her hand back. "I am in a bad state too but she never understands. She never did, Emir."
"I know... But you shouldn't keep a grudge on her. She was raised differently, lived differently. You know it first hand, anyway." His voice was so soothing, it instantly made her feel better.
"I want to go to Poyraz." She told him, changing the subject completely.
"I want too. Let's go."

"My son... You are getting a new brother, you know... You will love him, right?" Emir was walking around with Poyraz, helping him move his tiny legs. "You will be the greatest big brother, sharing everything with your sibling, won't you? Well done!" He smiled as Poyraz made two steady steps.
"What are you two doing, huh?" Zeynep entered her son's room, holding a tray. "Look what mommy got you, my love. Fruit cream!"
"Oh!" Emir made a shocked face, staring at his son. "Food, Poyraz!"
Poyraz started crawling to Zeynep, making happy sounds.
"My dearest... My most precious!" She smiled, kissing his forehead.
"Zeynep..." He began, sitting on the floor by her side. "I prepared the necessary paperwork for us to permanently move in England. You are still okay with it, right?"
"Of course, I am. I don't want to stay in this city any longer." She assured him, giving a spoonful of cream to Poyraz. "What a good boy you are, my baby!"
"I feel the same, somehow... This city feels like a prison." Emir sighed. It was the first time he had said something like this.
Zeynep left the bowl down and turned to him, eyeing him attentively.
"What made you say that? Did anything happen that I don't know?"
"No." He shook his head. "It's just... I have nothing that keeps me here except for my mother. That's why I will take her with me... I found an excellent clinic for her..."
Zeynep placed her hand in his hair, playing with them. "That's a great idea. You did good."
Flickering his eyes, he took her hand to leave a kiss on it. His move surprised not only her but also him, it came instinctively.
"Eeeee!" Poyraz slapped Emir's hand, making both of them burst into laughter.
"Oh Mr Poyraz we forgot your food!" Zeynep exclaimed, picking the bowl up to keep feeding him.
"I think he is getting possessive..." Emir commented, puckering his lips.
"Of course he is, he took after you." She replied automatically, making him cough.
"I am not possessive." He blinked his eyes, like he was hearing something like this for the first time.
"I won't have this conversation right now. Come on, son... A little more left." Poyraz opened his mouth wide, clapping his hands.
Emir's phone rang, breaking the peace of the moment.
"Yes?" / "Yes..." / "Did anything happen?" / "Okay, I will come. Thank you."
"Who was it?" Zeynep asked, wiping Poyraz's mouth.
"My father's lawyer. He wants to see me." Emir stood up slowly, looking away.
"Will you go?" She followed his moves.
"We are leaving anyway... I will go, see at least what he wants." Shrugging his shoulders, he reached to pick up Poyraz. "What time is it?"
"Almost 2."
"Great, our present must be here." He walked out of the room.
"Which present? Emir! Emir!" She walked behind him until they reached the garden.
Her eyes fell on a tiny Labrador that was laying in his dog house.
"Look Poyraz! Look what daddy got you!" Emir let Poyraz down. He eyed the dog curiously for some seconds, then turned to look at Zeynep.
"He won't hurt you, my love... Look." Zeynep went towards him, laying her hand to pamper the dog's head. It was so snuggly and friendly, it warmed her heart.
Emir stood at the opposite side of her, caressing the dog as well.
Poyraz then crawled to them, petting the dog quickly with his tiny hand. When the dog proceeded to lick his hand, he moved back scared.
Both Zeynep and Emir looked at each other and laughed at their son's cuteness.
Good days are close and they deserve them.

~~

HEY, HEY, HEY! I MISSED YOU!
I've been absent for quite some time, I am sorry ❤️

Enjoy this chapter, we are almost reaching the end of this journey! 😘