Chapter 15

~~

"Nihan! What happened?!" Emir took a good look at Nihan's bloody clothes. "Are you hurt too?!"
"No, no... She just fell onto me..." Nihan was in a shocked condition, her eyes unable to focus on something specific.
"How did it happen?!"
"Nihan!" Kemal ran towards them as well. "How's my sister, huh?! How did it happen?"
"We wer- were talking... I don't know h- how, my mother... It all happened so fast... Zeynep was standing and then she wasn't, I don't know..."
"Allah, my Zeynep..." Kemal teared up, placing his palm over his mouth.
"How did your mother find a gun?!" Emir asked her, obviously furious.
"How could I know! I have it... I have it here..."
"What?! Did you touch it? Did you touch it, Nihan?!" Emir shook her arm.
"I took it from my mother! Then I called the police..."
"God damn, God damn, GOD DAMN!" He shouted, slapping the wall behind her.
"Take her away from here." Kemal ordered Emir sharply. "Take her away and figure out something. Nobody should go to jail about this." He signaled to them to leave quickly.
"Kemal no... I will talk to the police, nothing happened on purpose-"
"You will talk to no one. Walk, Nihan." Emir pushed her forward.
"Let me! Kemal-"
"Shhh, walk quickly." Emir didn't let her finish, taking her out of the hospital in a rush. Two police cars arrived the moment they entered their own car.
"I don't understand why you are doing this, I will talk to the police anyway!" Nihan crossed her arms. After Emir didn't tell her anything she continued. "Aren't you ashamed, huh?! This girl is pregnant! You don't even care!"
"Are you stupid?" Emir raised his eyebrows at her. "You will go to jail along with your mother if they found out about your fingerprints!"
"My mother didn't do it on purpose! The gun went off suddenly when I tried to stop her... No one would go to jail!"
"You would! Because they would connect the pieces of you wanting to avenge Zeynep for your brother's death! Think a bit, think!" He pointed at his temple, almost reaching his boiling point.
"The girl is fighting for her life right now and look what you are saying! Heartless!"
Emir puckered his lips, trying to keep himself from talking.
"I will go and tell them everything!" Nihan exclaimed again, fighting with her conscience.
"I will lock you inside with Deniz! Don't infuriate me!"
"You can't tell me what to do! This is Kemal's sister! Kemal's!" She shouted, burying her face into her hands. "Who knows what will happen now... The baby... Even Zeynep... God, what did we do..."
Emir flickered his eyes, trying to not think about what she said. There's no way Zeynep wouldn't survive. No way, that's why he wasn't paying attention. It was no big deal, everything is fine. He should keep himself occupied with Nihan, he can't risk letting her go to jail for something that isn't that important, right? "Stop the pity party, Nihan. Get out." He told her as they reached their house.
"God damn you... And this poor girl-" She stopped her sentence midterm, pitying him with her look. "I feel sorry for you, Emir. Really." Nihan nodded her head at herself and went inside.
Emir took his phone out of his pocket and called Asu. "Get your ass to the Kadıköy central hospital and update me on Zeynep's condition."
"What happened to Zeynep?"
"She was shot by Vildan."
"WHAT?!"
"Do as I told you." He hung up, heading inside.
"Welcome, Mr Emir." Efsane smiled at him.
"Where's Vildan?"
"Upstairs, with Mrs Leyla."
Sighing heavily, Emir headed to Vildan's room.
He knocked slightly and entered.
"Mhm, all we needed was you." Leyla grimaced, keeping on with feeding a soup to Vildan.
"Where's the gun Nihan?" He turned to her, laying his palm so she would give it.
"I've hid it." She said simply, staring outside the window.
"Nihan!" He stomped his foot on the ground impatiently.
"I will go and tell them the truth, you can't stop me."
"Watch me, if I can't!" He raised his eyebrows at her in a warning way.
"EMIIIIIIR!" Tarık's voice echoed from the garden. "EMIIIIIR! GET DOWN HERE YOU PRICK!"
Emir laughed bitterly, rushing downstairs.
"Nihan, go now! From the backdoor!" Leyla advised her, standing up. She had Vildan's support as well, to report everything that happened.
"Mom?" Nihan waited for her mother's approval.
"Go Nihan. Either way it was me who shot, not you." Vildan admitted in a low voice.
Nodding her head, Nihan took the gun and left the house from the back garden.